What is Craig Houston’s role at the club these days?

Sandy has spent the majority of his life using our Club’s name to organise fights with moronic like minded arseholes throughout Europe and any link to him tarnishes Rangers name.

no issues with who funded most of the sos banners etc but.

im out before i cop a ban

If Dave King and the 3 Bears were the brains and the money behind our liberation, make no mistake, Craig Houston was a major battlefield general and responsible for the biggest pair of boots (and balls) on the ground.

The guy did so at much personal sacrifice and in very hostile and intimidatory environments, dealing against the rats.

Any Rangers supporters who have not read ‘Sons of Struth Demand the Truth’ should do so. It’s a great read.

If I am ever fortunate to meet Craig Houston, I hope
To shake his hand, thank him and buy him a drink.
My brother and I have been friendly with Craig since we were kids. You wouldn’t believe the shit he went through to help save the club, it was shocking and should never be forgotten.

Noticed him in an official bouncer like role for the pre -match act of remembrance at the statue recently when players/staff came out the side door

During our darkest hours, the absolute venom spat against his name over on Rangers media was utterly disgusting.
Posters on there were calling for hom to be physically attacked ffs and to this day should be completely ashamed of themselves.

Spoke to the big fella in the District at the time this was all going on, he came across as a good guy, a gentleman and most of all a Ranger.

He deserves a debt of gratitude from Bears today and far into our Clubs future.

The strain of the threat of being sued by the spivs for a fortune must have been awful. They threw everything at him.

There should be a statue commissioned of King, 3 Bears, Houston & all that fought so save our club from the clutches of the Spivs.

Make no mistake, we’d have been hamstrung forever more if it wasn’t for them.

History will be kinder to him than some of our support. The abuse he got was disgraceful. He is one of the reasons we still have a club.

My son and myself supported him on the marches, some of the demos and we also joined the boycott which, even though not fully supported by some for various reasons, some of them I could understand some not so much,I truly believe that we succeeded in the battle with the chancers and crooks who were raping our club. It was very hard to give up our season tickets but we knew that it had to be done. Craig stood up to serious threats and intimidation from the gangsters to carry the fight to them. He has denied it but he was very courageous in challenging them. He, along with some others, deserves all our thanks and gratitude in helping Rangers to survive that awful time. Sometimes leaders simply emerge in times of need and thank God for that.

W.A.T.P.
I like you mate went on the journey with Craig and the sacrifices he made were over and above. People on here who mock the guy are most likely the ones who say on their arses and done nothing.
Craig deserves any recognition he gets from the club b for what he done and I personally know a couple of the top people at the club who are very impressed with him.
I wish him all the best going forward and will always be grateful for his leadership during those dark days.

I like you mate went on the journey with Craig and the sacrifices he made were over and above. People on here who mock the guy are most likely the ones who say on their arses and done nothing.
Craig deserves any recognition he gets from the club b for what he done and I personally know a couple of the top people at the club who are very impressed with him.
I wish him all the best going forward and will always be grateful for his leadership during those dark days.

I don’t recall too many mocking him on here to be fair mate. Rangers Media and ‘other’ sites did, but I don’t think I saw any of that on here. The same guys that dished out abuse to Craig were also very vocal about Chris Graham and were dead against Dave King. Funnily enough I haven’t heard much from them recently, certainly none of them had the balls to come out and admit they were wrong.

Will be completely honest and I know ill prob get tore to shreds but I was one of the people to ignore Craig and not care what he had to say. I was fed up with everything and just wanted to watch my team. I didn't boycott and renewed my season ticket as well as I thought that if I didn't then we could potentially lose our club forever, I thought with no money coming in the chancers in charge would sell and mortgage everything they possibly could for the funds to keep us going.

Looking back on it now I have nothing but gratitude for Craig and the rest of the guys who broke ranks and took part in the boycott and got actively involved.

I was similar to yourself. however I didn’t boycott, mainly because at that time, my young grandson wanted his first season ticket, and I wasn’t going to discourage him for any reason.

As it turned out I believe the balance was just about right - between the boycotters and non boycotters - with the small attendances bring in enough money to keep the lights on, as I believe a total boycott could have finished us completely - especially as we now know that the vindictive Ashley was pulling the strings in the background.

As for Craig, although I didn’t agree with everything he did, he did everything for the right reasons, and we all got there in the end especially thanks to Dave King and TTBs.

They absolutely did, I wouldn’t have them at Ibrox either. What’s your point?

Yeah, I've literally no idea what the point the poster was making with regards to the Easdale's.

They're a pair of cunts, I wouldn't see near Ibrox ever again. Quite how that backs up his point about SC, I'm not sure.

I've a lot of time for Craig Houston. He's done a lot for us that we should all be greatful for and I'm happy the club seen right by him.

I'll not comment on Sandy Chugg.

Sandy has spent the majority of his life using our Club’s name to organise fights with moronic like minded arseholes throughout Europe and any link to him tarnishes Rangers name.

The guys done more for rangers than you’ll ever do regardless of what he does in his personal life, if you ever have the luck to meet the guy or be in his company he’s actually a decent guy I’ve been in his company many a time and it’s always been a pleasure.

Players
Prominent fans
Celeb fans
Owners
Managers
Directors

It's disgraceful.

Literally see mentally challengeds get an easier ride than Title winning ex players.
Yes mate it’s sad , I’d add support to your list . We’ve got a tremendous support and the away support in particular really gets behind the team . It’s not perfect with one or two issues to resolve but the way some refer to our own is disgusting . Some of the worst culprits can be found on these pages

Good to hear he’s working at the club in an official capacity. Deserves it after what he did for Rangers. A hero and a real beacon of light for the fans during dark days.

The guys done more for rangers than you’ll ever do regardless of what he does in his personal life, if you ever have the luck to meet the guy or be in his company he’s actually a decent guy I’ve been in his company many a time and it’s always been a pleasure.

You have no idea what I do/have done for Rangers and if you honestly believe that how you conduct yourself in your private life isn’t relevant to your standing within the Rangers support or any decision on you by the Club then fine, I disagree. Specifically when you’re running about as a member/leader of ‘Rangers ICF’ to gang fight throughout the country and beyond, tarnishing the name of The Club.

For the record - and I’ll say no more on Sandy as it’s derailing the thread - I’ve spent plenty of time with him at Rangers games, socially, at Sons of Struth events and in his capacity with Drumsagard Boys Club and know him well enough to form an educated opinion on him. I don’t dislike the person, I dislike his choices, his conduct and don’t believe he’s fit to represent Rangers.

You’d be really upset if you knew who helped fund the SOS fliers banners and other events then.

He made a very emotional post on Facebook SOS page last week when Dave King announced he was stepping down.
I don’t think the ordinary fan realises just what this guy went through and what he did trying to save our club.
I class him as a Ranger. One of our finest.
Can you post it here for those of us that boycott Facebook? Thanks if you can!

Surprisingly down to earth and very funny.

Nothing but absolute respect for Craig Houston.
A hero who stepped up to the Rangers plate and by fk did he deliver.

Back