Ikpeazu on Davis

Those saying it was a yellow are at it

He knew what he was doing

And even if he didn't how many times have we heard intent doesn’t matter...it’s the level of danger

Christ imagine the big chap being introduced as your new cellmate.

I'm sure Nade once knocked f.uck out of Ian Black so that's a tick against his name. We should ask him to do the half-time draw some time just for that.

Hes actually smaller than I thought (I am a tall man tho).

He wasnt lifting heavy weights strangely enough as you expect from a bigger man.

Those saying it was a yellow are at it

He knew what he was doing

And even if he didn't how many times have we heard intent doesn’t matter...it’s the level of danger

I must admit that when I first saw it, I thought it was a yellow.

But the replay makes it clear that it was the STANDING leg (you know, the one that ISN'T anywhere near the ball) that was targetted.

Reckless and dangerous.
Davis was very lucky that it didn't take him out of that game, and maybe a few more as well.

Red card.

Should have been a straight red. Was an awful tackle. Straight leg, studs up, above the ankle and from behind.
That’s what made it bad, that it was cowardly from behind, not the only tackle like that yesterday and only one yellow brandished between them, Robertson is a cheatin bassa

Clumsy challenge but no malice in it.
That statement is probably in the SFA referees handbook - you can’t red card anyone unless he goes in to do someone.

A bad tackle is a bad tackle regardless of intent.

I don't think he's dirty, it's more he's just a big clumsy player who is terrible with ball at feet with no timing at all, he's a big lump who doesn't control his body well.

To think some folk wanted us to sign him. Terrible player.

Intentionally clumsy makes him a dirty b-s---d !

Last edited:
Personally think he was their best player (yeah not saying much) ... but bringing the ball down from the air was superb.
Yeah maybe not a scoring threat but he gave our guys a good game at the back and worked hard.
Yes, I’m one of those that would’ve been ok seeing him as a 3rd choice striker

From my seat in the Copland, those saying ‘clumsy’ are being very generous. There was clear water between Davis playing the pass and the Hearts player flying into the tackle.
Apologies for the cliche, but if that was Morelos, there’d have been numerous angles shown on Sportscene.
I think on top of that he chased him down to get to him after losing out in the previous phase. A red card every day of the week.

Back