Do red cards tomorrow rule the player out of Sunday?

Coopertrueblue

Official Ticketer
Couldn't really hear properly on the question in the press conference.

Does a red card tomorrow night mean the player misses Sunday?

Red card for violent conduct serious foul play would result in a suspension for the next game.* Two yellows would be next League game.

*Subject to appeal

I imagine if they appeal, it would set it back a week and if the red card was upheld, you would get an extra game suspension.
I thought a suspension for a red card would take place in the tournament in which the card was shown, ie league or cup

Red card for violent conduct serious foul play would result in a suspension for the next game.* Two yellows. would be next League game.

*Subject to appeal
The panel are currently clearing their diaries for Saturday night/ Sunday morning so that any appeals can be heard.

Should Celtic receive a red card tomorrow, same panel have penciled in June 2020 to conduct the hearing.

Serious foul play (A1) Violent conduct (A2) Spitting at an opponent or any other person (A3)

The above would see someone miss Sunday.

Denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity (A4) Offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures (A5) Receiving a second caution in the same match (A6)

The rest they miss the next league game.

This sadly will be inevitable.
McInnes and Docherty will be instilling in their players this is their cup final.
Let’s hope their players respond accordingly …and choke like they usually do!
There will be so much intimidation towards our players, and supporters, it will be off the scale.

It’s Beaton tomorrow. He hasn’t been bad against us except in the HIbs game 2 years ago
Beaton in my opinion uses common sense more than other referees who are just card happy at every opportunity.

Apart from that Hibs game I’ve been impressed with him since then.

Beaton can be a clown but he can’t hold a candle to Madden or Clancy. Quite glad it’s him.

I expect a bit of provocation tomorrow. Beaton can nip it in the bud just by booking the first mutton shagger to try it on. But will he?

Beaton can be a clown but he can’t hold a candle to Madden or Clancy. Quite glad it’s him.

I expect a bit of provocation tomorrow. Beaton can nip it in the bud just by booking the first mutton shagger to try it on. But will he?
Have you seen any signs of that this season? I haven’t.

Ah, the game where Stokes rugby tackled Tav in the 1st minute and then Tav got booked for it.
I'd love to bump into that wee rug heeded prick stokes on a night out,I'd skelp his wee 19th Century Terrorist puss a few times

Isn't it weird that the Compliance Officer has basically gone into hiding this season?

Don't think anyone has been cited this year.

I've always been a play your strongest team kinda guy but the closer the game approaches the more I think Gerrard will go with Defoe.
Little something in Gerrards eye today hints at this as well.

We currently have the 2nd best disciplinary record in the league with only 15 bookings and 1 red across 14 games. (no guesses so which teams had the least cards).

Expect that to go out the window tomorrow as the refs start carding us when players are most needed.

If a red card were to be appealed would the player make Sunday or would we be fast tracked.
Id expect it to be a new super, fast tracked, faster than the speed of light,if its one of our players.

Beaton in my opinion uses common sense more than other referees who are just card happy at every opportunity.

Apart from that Hibs game I’ve been impressed with him since then.

personally don’t mind Beaton, in fact I’d go as far as saying he’s usually the only Scottish referee that I don’t cringe when I see his name on one of our matches

If a red card were to be appealed would the player make Sunday or would we be fast tracked.
Id expect it to be a new super, fast tracked, faster than the speed of light,if its one of our players.

any appeal would be heard before the weekend.

We've had one red card all season for a daft tackle committed in the last minute of a game we had already lost.

This team are focused, disciplined and wary. Amazing what happens when you take ownership of your own behaviour.

Back