Sam Cosgrove - £4m

Don't think it's unreasonable for them to ask for that kind of money, has been consistently performing for a while now but definitely not someone who we should be looking at, just not good enough for where we want to be.

Decent goal scorer but wouldn't suit our style of play at all. Would only be good as a plan B “Big Man, Route One” option in the last 10-15 mins if we were losing a game. Will probably do well at a mid table English Championship team that plays to his strengths.

I think he is pretty decent, probably has a ceiling as he doesn't have the most expansive set of core skills but he is effective at what he does..

Shower of cunts etc but %^*& it fair play to Aberdeen for trying to make some coin on a 22 year old player who has pretty much went a goal every 2 games for them.

Aberdeen seem to think their "star players" should be compared to others on a different planet when deciding a value....

Wonder if they are paying Cosgrave the 10 grand a week a 4m player can expect........
Same applied at Killie with Jones, demanded a million but were paying him coppers

He’d be a good signing but as Morelos’ back-up. If he was a Morelos replacement there’d be riots and rightly so.

Reading reports today that Aberdeen want £4m for Cosgrove, with interest coming from Stoke.

I'm not sure if the Sheep are taking the pissing or not with that valuation because I haven't seen much of this guy, however his goalscoring record this season is pretty good and still only 22 years old.

Is he someone we should be monitoring should we lose Alfie next Summer?

Sell Alfie bring in cosgrove are you on smack?

Daft to compare him with Morelos. Let’s face it, when Alfie moves on we’re no gonna get another one like him.

We’d be insane to pay more than £1-£1.5m if we were that desperate. But if they sell him to England £4m probably isn’t unrealistic.

Reading reports today that Aberdeen want £4m for Cosgrove, with interest coming from Stoke.

I'm not sure if the Sheep are taking the pissing or not with that valuation because I haven't seen much of this guy, however his goalscoring record this season is pretty good and still only 22 years old.

He scored goals so Aberdeen are quite right to ask for what ever they want. The robbing of Scottish teams need stopped from youth players to first team as they can afford to pay a fair price.

Considering what Championship strikers go for, that is in the ballpark of an OK figure. If he goes down to Stoke and scores 15-20 goals then they can sell him on for 2-3 times that.

Cosgrove is an ok player. But people forget. A lot of his goals have been penalties. He's not near good enough for rangers.

We have had so many posts about this big pudding. No thanks and I'd rather raffle my doughnut than see us have him in our team. This is the same club that wanted 8 million for McKenna and now would probably be lucky to get 1 million.

His scoring record is decent so can see why the sheep are valuing him at that tbh although technically he is not very good and suits Aberdeen ‘hoof the ball into the box’ ethos. If he went to a team that tried to play football he would struggle. I have always said we need that kind physical presence up front as an option but for our style of play it should only be a cheap option as they would only be a backup option if chasing a game.

Would honestly prefer to see Stuart Cosgrove in a Rangers starting eleven.

If we’re looking for a big donkey who can score penalties then yes.

He's on a different level to Ikpeazu and Dykes. Cosgrove is a handful, knows where the net is and is continuing to improve his all round game.

I'm not taking pops at him or labelling him shite as he's not, plus we play them tomorrow night and I'm not wanting to jinx things.

I hope he has a nightmare tomorrow, along with the rest of his team.

Ha.

Utter f*king donkey!

The English championship while very competitive,does not in the main constitute a good standard of football.

Pretty much like most of the teams in the sphell.

No point in saying he isn't good enough for Rangers - End of !

Imagine being in Ross Wilson's position having lost Alfredo, who does he look for and from where ?

Incredibly hard to replace Alfie given his talent and application and a replacement will not be obvious without spending mega bucks. However RW will be considering all sorts of options, from abroad, from EPL and EFL Championship, from the SPFL and indeed beyond all those.

For sure he will look at Sam Cosgrove, who is young and may have the potential which is required, amongst those ( at whatever valuation ) !

The Club seem determined to hold on to Alfie which is great but, one day, it may well happen that he leaves and brilliant that RW will have been considering that scenario, probably from the day he arrived at Rangers.

Aberdeen are entitled to try and get as much coin as possible from their star players, especially from English clubs. Their problem (the Sheep I mean) is they simply can't shell out on the wages commensurate with a £4m player and tie him down on a decent deal, before selling him for said price. As a result, he'll simply wait for another year to tick down on his contract and leave for a fraction of that.

Back