Premier League starts on Amazon Prime this Tuesday

interesting to see how the boozers go about showing these games,im going to anfield on wednesday night,and i would assume most boozers will be wanting the game on, to a a good midweek pay off,that being the case im wondering if amazon prime are able to make some sort of provision to allow screenings in licensed premises,
Amazon have done a deal with BT to allow the games to be shown In pubs on the BT sports channels.

Me neither, lag and connection issues are a pain in the tits and absolutely inevitable.

I’m also bitter about Amazon giving this away from free on trial since I’m already a Prime member. Pricks!

Amazon have one of the best cloud solutions and infrastructures in the world, if there are any problems for a user itll be their home connection, it wont be amazon that's the problem.

Me neither, lag and connection issues are a pain in the tits and absolutely inevitable.

I’m also bitter about Amazon giving this away from free on trial since I’m already a Prime member. Pricks!
I'm prime too but I'd imagine we all started off on free trial.
I know to many it’ll be petty, but that delay is the reason I can’t see internet sports services truly taking off.

Too many people use goal alerts, or twitter alerts, for their club and don’t like the delay these feeds have.

I know there are additional costs, but amazon need a proper tv platform.
Surely you just switch the alerts off for.the match you are watching?

What it will be annoying for and unavoidable is folk wanting to put a bet on in play.

Amazon have one of the best cloud solutions and infrastructures in the world, if there are any problems for a user itll be their home connection, it wont be amazon that's the problem.

Amazon had all sorts of problems when they first started streaming the US open tennis and this is a considerable step up from that, they say that they’re ready so let’s hope that’s true.

The EPL will be watching to see how this goes.I wouldn't be surprised if they did away with rewarding contracts out and just streamed games out themselves keeping all the profits within 10 years.

Extremely interested to see how the tech end holds up.

They seemingly had a shocker when they first started showing live tennis fairly recently and you would imagine the numbers will be bigger here.

Just wait until clubs can sign their own tv deals, or ppv is introduced for, say, the 2032 EPL title decider.
Don't know if the league as whole will allow the clubs to keep their own money.
But can definitely see EPL as a whole looking at it and thinking they could stream it worldwide themselves. Sell a package at £30 a month and PPV games at £15 say and keep all the £.

Is this the reason for the 19:30 and 20:15 kick off times?

probably to maximise the viewing, you can watch one half of the first game and then the whole game of the other at 8:15.

they probably wanted 6pm and 8pm kick offs like the Champions league but I would guess that would be hugely unpopular for travelling fans going to 6pm matches.

I would be shocked if EPL didn't ditch Sky and BT and indeed 'team up with' someone like Amazon to handle an in-house EPL TV service.

I’m intrigued to see how far the delay is in the games. Can’t imagine betting companies will be too thrilled if the stream is 30+ seconds etc behind, nightmare for in play betting.

The way it's being advertised on Radio makes it sound as if every Boxing day game is on.Say's catch all the Boxing day games. Am I right?Or have I picked that up wrong?

EPL sent people to shadow executives at MLB, NBA and NFL streaming services. This is definitely their long-term aim.

I’ve never used Amazon Prime. Is there an app to watch via smart tv?

On a sidenote I wouldn't have minded Scottish football going down that route for the coming tv deal.
Think our TV deals are so shit it would've made sense to try something new and be ahead of the curve on something for once.

Don't know if the league as whole will allow the clubs to keep their own money.
But can definitely see EPL as a whole looking at it and thinking they could stream it worldwide themselves. Sell a package at £30 a month and PPV games at £15 say and keep all the £.

Sure, I can see the authorities doing all they can to prevent individual tv deals but yet another threatened European super league may force their hand.

On a side note, BT sport have exclusive rights to the whole New Years Day card for the Premier League.

On a sidenote I wouldn't have minded Scottish football going down that route for the coming tv deal.
Think our TV deals are so shit it would've made sense to try something new and be ahead of the curve on something for once.

Issue is: if we go down that road and split even less income then the opposition literally end up at League of Wales level. That doesn't help us.

The EPL will be watching to see how this goes.I wouldn't be surprised if they did away with rewarding contracts out and just streamed games out themselves keeping all the profits within 10 years.

Simon Jordan suggested the very same thing on talksport yesterday

Got a letter from Amazon saying my telly won't support live sport streaming! Offered a code for half price firestick.

This is on the app in virgin. Be interesting to see if each game will be available after the match.
As far as I can see there is no way to record from Amazon prime?

Seem to be only able to select the Man City v Burnley game

is this a restriction on my membership?

anybody help?
Fancy the scouser game

Back