Aribo, what is he giving us?

He’s giving me a sore throat...the Amount of barking im doing at him....too weak in the challenge and lazy in attitude for me.
5914ec2208d7ae2c8da8c57fe67decf7.png

Correct have you just found out the definition? I do indeed wish success for my particular sports team. Are you suggesting a sports fan can’t and shouldn’t have a view on the contributions of members of that sports team?

Correct have you just found out the definition? I do indeed wish success for my particular sports team. Are you suggesting a sports fan can’t and shouldn’t have a view on the contributions of members of that sports team?
I'm suggesting that doing anything other than offering support to players is detrimental to the team. That's not a difficult concept to understand.

Aribo had a neat and tidy game today and I am sure he had an assist.
Anyone having a pop at the lad today should think hard about exactly what they expect from a young lad still settling into the team and a different league.
But then I suppose the criticism will be coming from the same quarters as the 'sell Alfie for a couple of million' brigade.
Nothing new here, some of the posts on here are making me want to genuinely smash my head into oblivion

How can you call yourself a “supporter” and then turn up at Ibrox with the sole purpose of abusing your own players. Absolutely mind boggling.

It might well be that the last few years have made us bears even more impatient to win a trophy and slowly regain control from that mob. This will ease slightly I feel, when the first trophy is under our belt (Sunday) and we can resume normal levels of abusing our underperforming players.

Well heres hoping that the next 2 games see him giving us top performances and a few goals too should he be playing. He is a big player for us and we need him to start delivering big moments for us starting from tomorrow.

I'm suggesting that doing anything other than offering support to players is detrimental to the team. That's not a difficult concept to understand.
So since the dawn of the game, players have had feedback from the stands both positive and negative, the same emotions also conveyed from their coaches and managers too but you now see fit to exclude any emotion other than peace and love......aye right sunshine.....now get to bed and fluff up your liberal lefty pillow before you rest your delicate weary wee head.

Abuse? .....now have you just made that up....I’m sure your have.
You said you’re getting a sore throat from “barking at him” does that not literally imply you’re verbally abusing a player of your own club?

I always cheer the team on and it’s completely daft when you have “supporters” abusing the same players of the club that they support. Absolutely mental.

He’s on course in becoming an absolute terrific player, are you sure you’re watching the same player?

I think some folk need to cut Aribo a bit of slack.

He's clearly trying to adapt to our league and cope with the expectation we place on our players.

Something Mark Hateley, Ally McCoist, Borna Barisic (amongst multiple others) have struggled with early in their Gers careers.

He's also trying to break into the best midfield 3 in the league and has on occasion, like Sunday, had to play out of position to get a start.

Give him time and he'll prove to be an outstanding player for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
So since the dawn of the game, players have had feedback from the stands both positive and negative, the same emotions also conveyed from their coaches and managers too but you now see fit to exclude any emotion other than peace and love......aye right sunshine.....now get to bed and fluff up your liberal lefty pillow before you rest your delicate weary wee head.

Another who hasn’t watched the interview with Beale. Just carry on shouting regardless.

You said you’re getting a sore throat from “barking at him” does that not literally imply you’re verbally abusing a player of your own club?

I always cheer the team on and it’s completely daft when you have “supporters” abusing the same players of the club that they support. Absolutely mental.

He’s on course in becoming an absolute terrific player, are you sure you’re watching the same player?
No barking implies a loud voice directed towards the pitch, the players or even the match officials ....at no point did I say abuse....you added your own interpretation which was wide of the mark....abuse to me is calling a player names that are derogatory....shouting to someone to “get into them” or even “FFS you’ve got to be stronger there” isn’t abuse but is definitely a bark !!

The boy has ability on the the ball ,no doubt about it,but he lacks the drive and aggression required to be effective in competitive matches.Hopefully we can coach this into his game but it may be difficult as he comes across as a shy retiring person.Good player to have on the bench at the moment, but a non-starter for me in games like tonight's and Sunday

Aribo has undoubted talent and in my humble view be a very big asset to the club . He's still young and going by the limited interviews I've seen of him seems a bit shy .
SG and his team seem to know how to bring players out their shell and express their abilities.
Old enough to remember legends of the club starting their Rangers careers by getting stick from the fans . Ally and Hately were probably the worst .Even Goram started badly and got stick.
Never understood why anyone gives players they don't rate abuse from the stand its counter productive in my view .
Also the bottom line is its not their fault they are playing ,the manager picks them so the problem lies with the managers selection so shout at him .

So despite being a Conservative voter I’m a liberal lefty for pointing out that doing anything other than offering support from the stands can be detrimental to a players performance? It’s clear you’re not the sharpest tool in the box fella.

Back