LCF & Nerves

These games are always big, the old cliche being the next one is the biggest.

But this one is different, there is so much more riding on the outcome.

Truth be told I am shiting it.

Keep on asking myself why I put myself through it, just forget football and lead a stress free existence . But we keep chasing that high.

Not nervous at all the team have done well this season in all competitions a few hiccups along the way but still quite confident.

A rollercoaster, beginning of the week excited, after Wednesday l felt sick, now slightly nervous with battle fever rising.
Hopefully buy Sunday l will be like King Kong, sat in the corner at a family party with my laptop.

I’m terrified and have made plans to avoid the game as I haven’t got a ticket . I simply cannot watch it on tv . I feel ill just now thinking of it . Truth be told I don’t fancy our chances either which makes it worse , however it’s a one off game and somebody has to beat these cnuts at some point in a cup game .

Collum is a disgarace and I’ve no confidence in him either .

If we win I’ll watch the game at least twice with a giant bottle of champagne even though I don’t drink the stuff . It’s been a long wait .

Thoughts crossed my mind of not watching it as the very thought is giving me palpitations.
I will watch it tho with my 12 year old daughter. Only silver ware she has seen us win was petrofac.
I feel for the younger generation of Rangers fans. Starved of success and putting up with years of shite.
I hope that we win the cupnfor many reasons but none so much as to give the young cubs something to cheer about

Will start feeling it tomorrow night, beer will help. In the morning, the butterflies start and never go away, even during game.

I’ve had cold/flu since Tuesday and been off work with it so that’s kinda evened me out.

Still feeling rough but went into work today.

IVE GOT THE BATTLE FEVER ON!

I hate the build up to every game against them and then I hate the game itself to the point I get physically unwell. A cup final makes it even worse.
It’ll all be worth it if we beat the cvnts tho.

Touch down in Tenerife just as it’s about to kick off, tempted to patch the misses and let her get the cases and bounce straight in a taxi to the Ibrox bar :p

tenor.gif

I’m trying not to think about it too much just now but it’s impossible.

Pre kick off on Sunday I’m going to be a mess.

I've got the fear after Wednesday.
Another bad result would see on here blow up!

I’m terrified and have made plans to avoid the game as I haven’t got a ticket . I simply cannot watch it on tv . I feel ill just now thinking of it . Truth be told I don’t fancy our chances either which makes it worse , however it’s a one off game and somebody has to beat these cnuts at some point in a cup game .

Collum is a disgarace and I’ve no confidence in him either .

If we win I’ll watch the game at least twice with a giant bottle of champagne even though I don’t drink the stuff . It’s been a long wait .
Came on to post similar - if I didn't have a ticket ( I do), I wouldn't be watching it on tv. Just can't enjoy these games on tv, the nerves spoil it for me.

I'm normally not to bad but I want to win that much and get the trophy It's fucking unreal.
This is how I feel. Most games these days I’m pretty relaxed tbh. The most notable being European games that we now look comfortable with the ball. This game is different though. After everything we’ve been through over the years, the will/desire/need to win this one is off the scale.

I'm not nervous at all, and I don't know if that's a good or bad omen. Sunday morning will be horrific, though, leading up to the kick off.

I'm normally not to bad but I want to win that much and get the trophy It's fucking unreal.

I'm calm right now and will remain so until the teams are announced, thereafter I'll become an absolute mess. I'll only start enjoying the game if we're 5 goals up after 15 minutes or if we're 3 up after 94 minutes :D Sunday is the biggest League Cup Final that I can recall, it does mean a lot to us bears.

Not even thought about it, really. The draw from Wednesday is still raw.

The manner in which we dropped points was difficult to stomach and I can't help but think it will end up costing us. It was a proper sore one; the last time I felt so bad was Hibs away - around the same time in 2018 - when we drew 0-0 despite battering them.

Haven't been too bad all week, having Aberdeen on Wednesday took my mind off it.

Tonight though the nerves have really hit me, brutal. Tomorrow will drag in so will defo be going for a few beers.

Sunday tends to take care of itself, hate the few hours beforehand but when I get on the bus / train into town to head to Hampden I'm normally fine. Reckon Sunday will be a different story with so much resting on it.

Just do the f**king business Rangers.

Drinking like a fish, cant concentrate on work, drinking more, cant sleep, drinking too much.

Calm, focused, and confident.

Tomorrow night will be a curry and a couple of beers then a nice bottle of rioja for MOTD.

Sunday morning will be the weekly shop, then lunch, then pub for 1.30/2.

Used to get myself into a right state for days over games v them when I was younger, now I refuse to give the rat bastards a thought until an hour or 2 before kick off.

Play like we can - like the first 40 mins the other night - and we'll beat them. 3-1.

Definitely feeling the nerves now, won't sleep tonight. Early start tomorrow morning from down here in London. Should get to Hampden about 2 and then straight back down the road as I fly out to Qatar for work on Sunday morning. Fucking long day but it will be worth it to see us win the cup.

Reactions: TN8
When we were spoilt (9IAR) winning was nice but losing hurt so much more. Things have changed for Rangers the last 8 years.

If we lose on Sunday we will dust ourselves down and try again until we win a trophy.

But if we win it will be monumental.

Remember where we have been and what Sunday could mean.

Make sure the fridge is stocked, just in case.

Fellow bears l am of an age when l should know better but my nerves are shattered,l love Rangers as we all do, but l get in such a state l can't watch or listen to an old firm game live,am l the only one or just getting too old,by the way l hope we hump them on Sunday

Back