No critisicm of anybody today

I think it's fair to criticise without going overboard. I felt the manager picked pretty much the right team and they played exactly how we wanted for the first half and early in the second. Despite that, for example it would clearly be fair to criticise Morelos for missing a number of good chances, Kent for failing to provide any sort of real creativity. It doesn't mean we're writing them off as players or want them gone from the club, it just means that they haven't played to their usually high standard. It's when the criticism become irrational and hyperbolic that it's unfair.

We played the fûckers off the park they got lucky with an off side goal.
Anyone criticising the team today is a fûcking moron.

Knee jerk reaction.

Losing is never acceptable but no one can criticise the team today. It's extremely hurtful and frustrating but sometimes the best team doesn't win.

Win the title next spring and no one will give a f.uck about today.

Well said. By far the better team, but goals win games. Tav really should have taken the pen, but he should have also had 2 more chances and we lost to a goal that should never have stood. We did ourselves no favours but were also robbed blind

Clearly the better team by a long way today. Luck wasn’t on our side. And we’ve been robbed again by another shocking call. That’s two big games in a row where officiating has cost us.

I hope Gerrard has both barrels loaded.

Our players gave absolutely everything. Every single fibre of their being. Dominated from start to finish.

We lost to a goal that shouldn't have stood and a Celtic keeper channeling 1990s Andy Goram.

Absolutely heartbroken here but we've just seen our team absolutely boss them for 96 minutes and get done, fucking done by a linesman and a great goalkeeping performance.

Apart from Forster zero credit is due to that mob. Absolutely none.
This is the only post that needs reading tonight.

Simple fact is if we took our chances we win game very easily but we didnt.

I see all drama queens banging up thread after thread about this that and the other.

The op here is bang on. We did everything but score and if you dont score you cant win simples.

Morelos 100% deserves criticism, he had about 8 good chances, some of those great and a penalty and he still couldn't score. He ruined a otherwise great performance from the team. That game is over in the first half if Defoe gets those chances. There's no excuse for his performance today, he's been in great form and he had a chance to shut up all the people saying he couldn't do it against them and instead just proved them right, he has zero excuses today

What a load of bollox

Sorry but criticism is due. Our main man should be taking at least 2 of the chances he had. Kent had zero penetration all game and above all else, our inability to put teams away when we are on top reared it’s head again.

Yes, we were beaten by their only effort on target and it was well offside but if we’re being honest with ourselves, that should have been a consolation for them by that point.

An absolutely gut wrenching day all round

Our players gave absolutely everything. Every single fibre of their being. Dominated from start to finish.

We lost to a goal that shouldn't have stood and a Celtic keeper channeling 1990s Andy Goram.

Absolutely heartbroken here but we've just seen our team absolutely boss them for 96 minutes and get done, fucking done by a linesman and a great goalkeeping performance.

Yeah we were allover them and we fought hard . But we were beaten 1-0 by a Celtic team who hardly kicked a feckin baw today . My only criticism of our team today is they are fkn bottlers of the highest order ...how the fk can our defence not pick up their centre-half at a set-piece . And how can we not score at least one goal from umpteen chances , including a fkn pk . Apart from that , i have no criticism of our team at all . #Bottlers

What a load of bollox
What's bollox. That Morelos somehow managed to not score on about 8 shots on target? That he completely bottled the penalty? That Defoe wouldn't have scored if he had the same chances?

Morelos is a great striker but there's clearly something mental going on with him against them, he had too many chances today for it to be anything else

Absolutely gutted, we played them off the park for spells and their keeper kept them in the match. Need to take into account the shite conditions and we’ve been beaten by an offside goal.

Just how the f.uck can you make that statement when we totally bossed the midfield from start to finish?
Just mental
Bossed the midfield but what did they actually do ? Side passes no support for the striker rely to much on morelos to bail us out ,no runners from midfield just too many players who like to sit and break up play but then do nothing with it we need an attacking central midfield player who can run at a defence

Lots of criticism but ...well I cant be arsed tbh. Sick of it. We need a proper leader. A Gough. Dont want to start the Tav beating but he's not a Rangers captain especially in these games.

And Sutton’s serial losers comment looks more and more accurate as the moment’s pass...

We can’t play any better than that and they can’t play any worse, and did we win? Did we %^*&.

A team full of bottlers.

We didn't bottle it ffs. Their keeper had an unbelievable game and we did everything but score. Plus their goal was offside. Your post is a disgrace

No disrespect to the OP but that’s the kind of attitude that’s seen the yahoos win 10 trophies in a row now.

We’ve become a team that’s just happy to compete now that’s why we are sleep walking into the filth nearing 4 trebles in a row.

Right - except my spelling of criticism in the fucking thread title!

we were superb today. We just couldn’t score. It happens. This team are growing though. The big prizes are given out in May. Win that and this is forgotten.

The drama queens will have you believe we are shitbags. That’s not the case. 90mins is high variance. We couldn’t catch a break.

A poor decision and poor finishing beat us today, so agree with OP , with the exception of Barker whom I just don't get.

I dont understand why people think you cant criticize a team that couldnt score in 30 mins against 10 men.

Missing chances comes down to quality, it's not luck. If your missing chances then you arent doing what you need to do to win a game. This means you can be criticised for it.

It actually is largely down to luck.

They won a trophy. We didn’t.

100% - our players did everything they should have done, they won through an outstanding goalkeeping performance and an offside goal (3 of the bastards were offside)!

On to Thursday, we'll have to settle for the League title and Scottish Cup.

Can’t fault the effort. They gave it everything. Do we just accept that we’re not good enough yet?
I think we are good enough just one of those days. Even when they won 2nil at Ibrox i think the scoreline flattered them. I think we need another hard midfielder in and we win this league

Seems failure is being accepted by a few in this board.

We should have been out of sight by half time.

Yes the ref was shite and we need VAR up here but he have became Tommy Burns Celtic team.

well said.fucking sick of this we bottled it shite.their goalkeeper will never have another game like that if he plays till he's 100

I'm gutted and still can't believe we didn't win that match. They had 1 chance and took it and we had about 10 and never took any. Just need to accept it was one of those days that no matter what we weren't winning.

At half time I was concerned that the game would play out the way it did with them winning it with 1 chance after our domination. Still can't believe Morelos took the penalty though! I wasnt confident at all when Tav gave him the ball.
Exactly My thoughts. We needed to score right after half time or it felt like it just wasn’t going to happen. It’s sickening.

We lost though.

And as far as individuals go, stepping away from Morelos for a second. I thought Kent was really poor and I thought Goldson was an absolute disaster again.

There has to be criticism of that today. There are NO positives for anyone of a Rangers persuasion to take from that and anyone taking any from that, well, I don't know how.

We are Rangers Football Club ffs, not some no mark like Motherwell or Hearts. We win trophies, that's what we are all about and days like today are an absolute catastrophe for our club.

Thursday huge. The third of three big games. First two very disappointing. Personally I think a few players could have been better. Which is normal in most games. Kent was disappointing but that may be partially down to where he's being asked to play. Kamara started a bit shaky but grew in to the game. Morelos had a bad luck day. There is a composure argument but he created plenty chances and on another day has a hat trick. I'm gutted as we all are. Part of the frustration is we are so close to destroying them. This is another choker though.

Goldson fouling Oswald lead to the offside goal stupid takle and morelos has been pish last 2 games

Except we did.

We didn't. We were unlucky and any other day we'd have scored 4 or 5. When a keeper is in that kind of form all you can do is keep plugging away and hope it comes. It didn't, but it wasn't down to lack of bottle ffs.

Back