Brandon Barker over Stewart

TerrySilverLoyal

Absolute madness.

Barker I have yet to see him use any pace hes supposed to have control is woeful and can't beat a man.

Heart sunk when he came on

Bit of guile something different with Stewart not to mention the 2 goals against Hearts. Must be wondering what he needs to do.

Absolutely useless

Stop blaming anybody we bossed that game from start to finish, the only reason we do not have the cup is that big lump of a goalkeeper who rode his luck.

I've said countless times on here gerrard needs to up his game on subs the second they're down to 10 an attacker on naw he gave it 10 mins maybe more before changing it get defoe on for me

Have to say Barker is exactly the player I thought he'd be for us and his signing just looks baffling.

He seems to have good pace, but very little else. Certainly not the guy I'd be turning to trying to unlock a 10 man defence. We continually talk about pathways to the first team for academy players, so signing someone like Barker seems pointless.

I'm not suggesting that we should have thrown a Mebude or McPake in there today, because in that scenario we should have been looking to Stewart or Ojo, but for the types of games where we can afford to risk Barker (at home to the bottom six) those are surely opportunities being taken away from younger players that we've produced ourselves?

Two really poor options to be honest.

We made the mistake yet again in the summer of going for quantity over quality. Must be about half a dozen players eating up £20,000 a week in wages and who would be lucky to get near a Ross Country squad.

Stop blaming anybody we bossed that game from start to finish, the only reason we do not have the cup is that big lump of a goalkeeper who rode his luck.
Bollocks yet again Morelos misses 3 good chances we should have been at least 3 up at ht they get one chance and it's over with 40mins to go

Both big substitution decisions were a disaster to be honest. Defoe really wasn’t the right change either, we had even less control on the game. But bringing Barker on was a hopeless change that made us even worse.

Gerrard will have to take the heat for that because it just made life easier for them. He was so weak and so predictable I’d have fancied my chances up against him.

The only Criticism I have for Gerrard today was bringing barker on. He just isn’t good enough and hasn’t shown in any game that he is good enough.

Ojo or Stewart should have been on. He doesn’t even look at Barker in any other game yet decides to play him twice in Europe then fling him on today.

Criminal.

Not one bear in the stadium saw any possibility of good comning from that. Feel sorry for the boy.

Gerrard is really struggling with this aspect of the game. Bandly. Very very badly.

His subs are always wrong. The selections that aren't are too late and so still wrong.

It's amateur hour really.

An empty shirt for me. He is the only complaint I have regarding Gerrard's stewardship so far. The gaffer has made some mistakes but you can at least see reason for them but Barker I don't get.

A dreadful sub, barker has had one good game for us since signing. Offers nothing and will be an expensive pay off next season I fear. Stewart deserved a run out. Two games running I've said that though.....

Absolute madness.

Barker I have yet to see him use any pace hes supposed to have control is woeful and can't beat a man.

Heart sunk when he came on

Bit of guile something different with Stewart not to mention the 2 goals against Hearts. Must be wondering what he needs to do.

Absolutely useless
Mind boggling to be honest.

he was complete and utter dross when he came on.

Never beat his man, clumsy in possession, no skill or technique to speak of, what have we signed here?

For his “electric pace”, he certainly didn’t use it, didn’t offer anything in terms of an outball, didn’t look like he wanted to be there, complete waste of a jersey, would have been better bringing on Stewart.

No mindless abuse here but the subs being made week in and out are fuckin bizarre in the extreme.
We wait far too long too often and when a sub is made it's rarely someone that changes a game.
Ojo ahead of Stewart midweek says it all.
Supposed to be an elite level bench.

Barker had an impact when coming on and it's incredibly harsh to use him as the scapegoat today
Mate, he was absolutely rotten. That’s not making him a scapegoat. But he was garbage. Didn’t beat a man, consistently ran into space he should have been moving away from because Kent or Barasic were already in it and his passing was woeful.
For that last 20 mins he wasn’t the only poor performance, but there is no point pretending he contributed anything positive.

He clearly thought he needed someone with pace but Barker just doesn’t look good enough

Barker was an absolutely bizarre signing. There are guys in our under 19 team with far more ability.

Latest posts

Back