Why did Tav get the pen away?

Just saying what I saw mate. If it was a prearranged decision there was no need to walk up and pass the ball to Morelos. Put more focus and pressure on it. You can’t make decisions like that against them in a cup final.
He made a big deal of it because social media and the media made a big deal of it.

Scoring a penalty is technically quite easy. The way Morelos took it gives the keeper a 50/50 chance to save it.

Fuckin dreadful penalty that cost us the game, along with the cheating linesman.

Says the guy posting from his bedroom having probably never kicked a ball in his life after that statement.

Because hes a shitebag. He decided to hand the obvious pressure onto someone else

He is not a Rangers captain.
Yep, too many flakes defending him. We will win zero with his leadership. Time for someone else to step up. He is mentally scarred from warburton/pedro era and will never be a winner.

He gets fcking slated for his poor form, yet continuing to take them.

He hands one over and he gets slated for bottling it - literally immediately after umpteen folk screaming “don’t take it Tav!”

Clearly before the match Tavernier was still the kick taker, a roll he abdicated when the penalty was awarded. Shite Bag.

Thought it was a chance for Tav to ram Sutton’s comments down his throat. Really do hope it was decided before the game and he hasn’t passed up the opportunity. Alfie didn’t do him any favours with an absolute woeful spot kick.

We don’t know what was decided pre match, or what went on at that time. Absolutely battered them today, big lurch had a stormer, and we missed a few chances. It happens but as always FF has to have a fall guy! They won’t win the treble this year and I’m convinced after that display.

Ok mr professional player, it was always decided before hand who took pens even in amateur football. Stop looking for a scapegoat!

And what did that player do wiseass? He walked over and picked up the ball and made sure no one else got it. Exactly as Tavernier did, and then his bottle crashed and he passed up the responsibility. Of course SG will protect him in the interviews, but those of us who aren’t Tav fan boys, know exactly what happened today. At no point have I blamed him for losing, but I have said he has shown definitively that he is not a leader of my club.

He was taken off them after missing a few,why such a stupid question?

Come one man.

A final v them a goal down a wee show handing the ball over.

Absolutely unforgivable shite.

Stems from the top Tav should have been removed yonks ago in the lower pressure games.

C'mon, how many on here were delighted when he handed it to Morelos? I think Tav should have taken it, and was pushing for him to take penalties on the match thread BEFORE kick-off - whilst the majority were plucking names out the air - mainly players with appalling penalty records. Folk mon here aren't slow to lambast Tav - whatever decision he makes.

I wanted a Tav on them, but I would expect it had been decided before the game started , you just knew Morelos was going to miss. If anything Borna would have been better but hindsight is a perfect science.

I thought Tav had a good game today but the decision to give the pen away was scandalous. He's the pen taker and captain and has to show some balls and leadership. Giving it to Alfie, who had everything he hit at goal saved by Lurch, was a strange decision to say the least. As someone said previously the whole of Scotland knew he was missing it.

Ryan Jack should be on them.

He'll step up and put them away.

Tav bottles it and I was never confident of Morelos hitting it.

And what did that player do wiseass? He walked over and picked up the ball and made sure no one else got it. Exactly as Tavernier did, and then his bottle crashed and he passed up the responsibility. Of course SG will protect him in the interviews, but those of us who aren’t Tav fan boys, know exactly what happened today. At no point have I blamed him for losing, but I have said he has shown definitively that he is not a leader of my club.

Your the wise ass with your never player football comment. Tavernier has missed the last two he wasn’t going to take the next one which as I pointed out was probably decided before hand now not only are you a mind reader knowing what Gerrard will say you have to go to the childish “Tav fan boys” comment.

I’d still be waiting for confirmation before laying into him and labelling him all sorts.

I seen it with my own eyes.

He went to get the ball and at the last minute handed it to Morelos - who clearly didn’t look mentally prepared for it.

I thought Tav had a good game today but the decision to give the pen away was scandalous. He's the pen taker and captain and has to show some balls and leadership. Giving it to Alfie, who had everything he hit at goal saved by Lurch, was a strange decision to say the least. As someone said previously the whole of Scotland knew he was missing it.
How many of his crosses really threatened? Cross after cross after cross after cross.

Dont really care what anyone thinks of my posts, I dobt like tav and never really have after his first 9 months or so, flaws were obvious to me, flaws which still exist. We can defend him all we like but well do nothing with him there. He handed that away and Rangers captains need to lead. Tav ran.

He gave it away to a player who needed a goal against them. If Alfie had scored no one would be calling him a coward!

You either relinquish responsibilities and let others take it permanently or you stick on them.

Not pick and chose when.

That is the scandalous part.

He hasn't been scoring them.
If Alfie scores it gets him up for scoring another.
It gets rid of the Alfie can't score against Celtic.
It increases Alfies value.

Made complete sense. All your asking is for our star striker to score from 12 yards.
Agreed. Only thing that was wrong was a bad penalty.

The show of handing it over at the spot as well they are a shower of shitebags.

Tav needs to step up and tuck that away.

this for me just put Morelos under even more pressure. If you’re going to change kicker, agree it in training and get on with it.

Tav has been rightly critised recently but he played well today, defensively sound and put some great balls into the box. Some people just need a scapegoat and others are blatant Tim’s stirring shit

So Gerrard confirms it was decided before but still the fuckwitted morons in the Tav lynch mob have to blame their favourite scapegoat. Happy to take the ban for calling you cunts out.

Pity the forum rules aren't enforced for banning folk abusing Rangers players - particularly when you're now slaughtering him for something you a) wanted and b) had nothing to do with him

How many of his crosses really threatened? Cross after cross after cross after cross.

Dont really care what anyone thinks of my posts, I dobt like tav and never really have after his first 9 months or so, flaws were obvious to me, flaws which still exist. We can defend him all we like but well do nothing with him there. He handed that away and Rangers captains need to lead. Tav ran.

I'm one of his biggest critics mate, have been since I first seen him play, never a right back. To be fair to him I thought he had a decent game today but the penalty debacle was terrible.

In my opinion we should have been 3 up at least 3 up at half time, missing the penalty was only one in a long list of missed chances. The mentally challengeds only needed 1 chance on target, even though it should have been disallowed. We are not clinical enough in front of goal. We should have been 4 up at shittodrie on Wednesday too and out of sight.

I'm one of his biggest critics mate, have been since I first seen him play, never a right back. To be fair to him I thought he had a decent game today but the penalty debacle was terrible.
And this is my problem. Flaws there 4 years ago are still there now. They'll never improve but we have him as a captain.

Pretty much every lady's front bottom a know wanted tav off penalties cause he missed some recently. Morelos makes a fucking arse of it by hitting one of the worst pens I’ve seen, and tav still gets the blame. Canny write it.

Back