Greg Stewart

Bringing on a player that has very little end product but has pace instead of the guy better in tight situations when they have almost everyone back was just silly.

Stewart has to be wondering what he has to do to get more game time. Scores 2 against Hearts and it's like Gerrard is punishing him for it but bringing every other wide player on before him in the next couple of matches

I could have at least seen sense bringing Ojo on. Somebody who's been playing and has contributed

But fucking Barker? Nothing will convince me on that

I am totally lost. We outplayed that lot. Huge respect to gerrard. But what dors he see that the mere fan does not? Last week it was ojo, this week it Brandon. Is Greg Stuart a bad apple. Has he done something sinister? It is borderline inept management IMHO.

Ojos probably frustrated due to fans getting on his back and Gerrard probably wanted to protect him from more pressure if it went tits up the downside of having fans that are constantly on our players backs

Posted the same thread but must have fell down the board. Hope he moves in Jan to get some football as he deserves it.

I don’t understand gerrards reluctance to give Stewart more game time.

It is a mystery. Don't know what more he has to do to get more minutes, especially when we see who is getting on before him. Gerrard was effusive in his praise of Greg after his 2 goals last weekend but still fails to come of the bench when we are chasing goals in the next two games.....nothing short of baffling.

Stewart is getting close to acquiring Katic status on FollowFollow.:rolleyes:

To be fair, I think today he WOULD have been the better sub because we were so dominant. Would I have started him? Not a chance, he offers nothing defensively. Probably even less than Ojo and nowhere near as much as Arfield or Aribo.

I think it may be his natural fitness that puts Gerrard off playing him in such a game that's constantly of a high intensity but other than that I think he was the best option to come on without a doubt

We are masters at stock piling bang average players who contribute absolutely nothing.

Grezda, Stewart, Barker, King, Polster,Docherty, Flanagan etc. Must be about £20,000 a week flying out the door on guys who are run of the mill SPFL players.

Stewart is getting close to acquiring Katic status on FollowFollow.:rolleyes:

To be fair, I think today he WOULD have been the better sub because we were so dominant. Would I have started him? Not a chance, he offers nothing defensively. Probably even less than Ojo and nowhere near as much as Arfield or Aribo.
We needed goals , for a little game time he’s had he’s scored as many as Arfield and the rest of our midfield attackers have contributed very little on the goals front either.

we are our own worst enemies. honestly. When we should be calling checkmate we gift our hand. May it be individual errors or crazy substitutions.

I like Stewart and he’s done well a couple of times but people are making him into this world beater.

Stewart has the guile and composure that could potentially have unlocked the packed defence.

Barker just doesn’t have the bottle. Anytime he knocked the ball past his opponent it appeared he didn’t have the heart to get on the end of it again.

I like Stewart and he’s done well a couple of times but people are making him into this world beater.

if you play well previously, why should you be ignored? No one is saying he is a world beater but whats the point in performing, when not performing takes preference

I could have at least seen sense bringing Ojo on. Somebody who's been playing and has contributed

But fucking Barker? Nothing will convince me on that
Only time I have thought barker was dangerous was when he played for Hibs and he was up against Tav. He’s rotten.

Bringing on a player that has very little end product but has pace instead of the guy better in tight situations when they have almost everyone back was just silly.

Stewart has to be wondering what he has to do to get more game time. Scores 2 against Hearts and it's like Gerrard is punishing him for it but bringing every other wide player on before him in the next couple of matches
For me it certainly raises questions over SG is he naive or arrogant? Aside from big Katic the subs were wrong. Stewart should have been on not Barker. Defoe did nothing wasn’t a game for him.

Couldn't believe he brought Barker on, would have said the same about Ojo. The scum being down to 10 men and one goal up were obviously going to sit in with 2 banks of 4. Barker and Ojo are both speed merchants that are far more effective hitting on the counter attack. We needed a cool head with a bit of guile to open the mentally challengeds up, Stewart should have been the sub.

Barker was a strange one. They were sitting deep so he wouldn't be able to use this imaginary pace he supposed to have. We needed the skill to unlock at this stage.

Back