The three types of Rangers fan

PT98

Official Ticketer
The eternal optomist: Will avoid the board tonight then be on tomorrow or Tuesday pointing out how we totally controlled the game and have a great chance of winning the league.

The eternal pessimist: will be all doom and gloom and conceding everything at the minute.

The realist: I would consider myself in this camp. We are a good team that has came on leaps and bounds but it's hard to see us winning the league this year.

The eternal optomist: Will avoid the board tonight then be on tomorrow or Tuesday pointing out how we totally controlled the game and have a great chance of winning the league.

The eternal pessimist: will be all doom and gloom and conceding everything at the minute.

The realist: I would consider myself in this camp. We are a good team that has came on leaps and bounds but it's hard to see us winning the league this year.

You’re a number two.

[/QUOTE]

I would say you are in the pessimist camp tbh

There’s also the masochist who actively enjoys contributing to the match thread on here.

Tonight I'm a stone cold sober, angry 46 year old man, screaming and shouting at the night sky.

As soon as the whistle went, the dog and me went for a 5 mile walk in the pitch black forest.

I was fantasising that we'd meet a wild boar or an escaped pyschopath on our travels, and I'm back, I've eaten and I'm only slightly calmer.

Which camp do I fall in to?

Tonight I'm a stone cold sober, angry 46 year old man, screaming and shouting at the night sky.

As soon as the whistle went, the dog and me went for a 5 mile walk in the pitch black forest.

I was fantasising that we'd meet a wild boar or an escaped pyschopath on our travels, and I'm back, I've eaten and I'm only slightly calmer.

One who is extremely disappointed in the realisation that once again we have come up short.

Plenty of eternal optimists on tonight judging by the amount of positives people are seeing. I’m too gutted to see any positives right now.

You also have the dishonest ones, kidding themselves and others on, enthusiastically hunting likes and bonus staunch points. Too soon for that sh*t.

Last edited:
I saw enough today to convince me we will win the league this season.

I disagree slightly.

I'm convinced we CAN win the league.

But, the points dropped at Tynecastle and the other night, show we have to treat away games and approach them as we do home fixtures.

That's our Achilles heel right there.

I think a realist can look back at that game and see that Rangers controlled it from start to finish and but for some poor officiating, should have won it comfortably whilst also noting that we still have much about our team and our mentality to work on.
I am gutted but as a Rangers supporter, I can take a deep breath and appreciate that the players actually played very well and in the grand scheme of things, should at least be able to focus on a barrel load of positives if not goals.

What would we all feel like having lost and been on the end of a football lesson?

We battered them today. They got very very lucky. Even Tom English agrees. We need to take positives from this game and I think we will. The hunger and desire will be massive.

We’ll do them on the 29th.

I'm in your realist camp.
We are so much better, getting better all the time but we still miss too many chances and fail to kill teams off.
Celtic only need 1 chance and it's a goal.
Parkheed will be a different game and if they beat us I cant see us recovering.

Rangers dominated the game today..at the end of the day we lost, but on another day could have won 4-0.
A game of football between two reasonably matched teams always has an element of chance / luck in it. We were the better team today, so how can’t you see us winning the league?

Christ there are more than 3, I’m an old man and I’m sick as a grass eating dog. There are also the ones who need a scapegoat whether it is really the time, place or actually necessary. Bipolar is not enough that’s only two there would need to be hundreds of compartments to put us in, which is fine , rather be that than regimented.

Rangers dominated the game today..at the end of the day we lost, but on another day could have won 4-0.
A game of football between two reasonably matched teams always has an element of chance / luck in it. We were the better team today, so how can’t you see us winning the league?
No.... purely because actions speak louder than words. Until we start battering teams AND taking the chances then nothing will change

I’m going to round up a herd(?) of boars and release them in your garden so you can move on from that particular dream.

You forgot my group mate , I know we will win the league, the Scottish cup and the Europa Cup and the champions league next season and Grezda will show his true potential and win us over and be transfered to Barcelona to replace Messi for a few of £207 million

Although they robbed us today, we have nothing to fear from them, but we need to go for it this month and a win at the piggery is a must, another defeat could really derail us

All three describe the Rangers fan. A rollercoaster of emotions.

Boy got on our supporters bus at full time and said oh well you may as well start on me now as I had 200 quid on celtic to win, bit of an argument followed, is it just me, but we've just had our hearts ripped apart again and he's happy as he had money on them to win, no Rangers fan in my opinion would do that and I told him so.

which isn’t the same as me not having my own opinion on the matter.
Your post insinuates that Tom English agreeing with you adds some substance to your point.
He is trolling everyone of us with that tweet.
We lost a cup final, that's the simple fact.
What the team does now remains to be seen.

All we missed was a small slice of luck today, and I mean a tiny bit. We played them off the park. It just wasn’t our day, but then I think if we had more of a killer instinct, then luck wouldn’t have needed to come into it. Really disappointing, but we can win the league, if we convert the chances.

Your post insinuates that Tom English agreeing with you adds some substance to your point.
He is trolling everyone of us with that tweet.
We lost a cup final, that's the simple fact.
What the team does now remains to be seen.

Well get in touch with Tom English then and troll him back.

Wanted to walk the dug to get out the house but the weather's too bad. Had food, depressed.

Boy got on our supporters bus at full time and said oh well you may as well start on me now as I had 200 quid on celtic to win, bit of an argument followed, is it just me, but we've just had our hearts ripped apart again and he's happy as he had money on them to win, no Rangers fan in my opinion would do that and I told him so.
And he's still on the bus?:eek:

Should have dropped him off in the East End to enjoy his teams celebrations.

I'd consider myself in the third category also.

We've improved greatly, but we still need more quality to put in performances like today over a long and hard season.

At the moment, I don't think we have that consistency and ability to perform like that enough times a season, to shade them entirely. We're good in short bursts, but we have to be better, more often.

I'm hoping January might bring some added quality.

I think all of us can be all three, it depends on where the moon is probably. The reason I’ve had so many usernames is that I’m embarrassed about my meltdowns. I feel remarkably calm tonight so I won’t need another username this week.

I like to think of myself as a fair and level headed bluenose but today's game got my blood boiling. We were so much the better team, I can't remember the last time we created so many chances against them but couldn't find the vital touch in front of goal. This I can accept but as far as I am concerned we will never get a break with the current officials who are running the game. I've never seen so many bad decisions in a game, not helped by the most biased TV coverage by bt who seemed to focus on Alfie and his so called misdemeanors during the game. We will have to be so much better in every game to get an even break against this mob! Rant over.

I'm the eternal optometrist. I should have gone to Specsavers!

Seriously, I'd call myself a realist - and I think it's very realistic to think we can still win this league.

If we play like we did today, we won't drop many points. And C*ltic really were no great shakes at all again (after nearly dropping two points to Accies at home).

Back