Alfie today, from a different perspective.

bilkobear

I see that Alfie is getting it in the neck because he never scored.
Fair enough one might think, but ... and there is a great big fckn but.

On three occasions Alfie caused so many problems for their defence that by himself he could have seen us awarded three penalties.
The one that we did get might well have seen Alfie in on goal with a fairly simple finish.

He was cheated from that finish, but he was the man who found the position.
Which leads me to his many chances.
Most of them were from his own clever physical play as a frontman, and in nearly every occasion he brought out a save from Forster from a shot on target.

Overall, he was a total menace all day to them, he carried our front line superbly, he dealt with their physical challenge almost with ease and he opened them up time and time again.
On another day with a less fortunate goalkeeper having the game of his life, Alfie would have had a hat trick.
As it was his penalty was saved, but with more honest or at least observant officials, that penalty would have had to be retaken.

You can spin a lot of things in a lot of different ways, but today Morelos didn't have a poor game, he had an unlucky one.
In truth, our team did.

Last edited:
Fair enough one might think, but and there is a great big fckn but.

On three occasions Alfie caused so many problems for their defence that by himself he could have seen us awarded three penalties.
The one that we did get might well have seen Alfie in on goal with a fairly simple finish.

Most of them were from his own clever physical play as a frontman, and in nearly every occasion he brought out a save from Forster from a shot on target.

Overall, he was a total menace all day to them, he carried our front line superbly, he dealt with their physical challenge almost with ease and he opened them up time and time again.
On another day with a less fortunate goalkeeper having the game of his life, Alfie would have had a hat trick.
As it was his penalty was saved, but with more honest or at least observant officials, that penalty would have had to be retaken.

You can spin a lot of things in a lot of different ways, but today Morelos didn't have a poor game, he had an unlucky one.
In truth, our team did.
That just sums it up perfectly!
On any other day he would have been walking away with the match ball under his arm and a winners medal in his back pocket!

Disagree op he needs to tuck the peno away. No excuses he has never scored against them, he's employed to score goals simple as that.

He’s played about a dozen times against them and never scored. You can analyse his numerous chances all you want but it’s just not good enough for a Rangers striker.

Maybe so but he has scored against every other team in the SPL, scored important goals in Europe, had a great game today outwith scoring. He is class act and anyone saying otherwise because he hasn't scored against them hasn't a clue about football.

We will never get anything like £35M for him, he lacks composure at times. Twice today he just needed to chip the goalie or pass it past him, but as usual blasts it - right at goalie.

Few times today the better option was to pass; I’m convinced if he’d already scored against Celtic before his decision making would’ve been different

I love Alfie and he’s easily out best player but today was Morelos vs Celtic in his eyes, purely focused on scoring against them rather than being selfless. Morelos’ record against Celtic is abysmal and his misses today cost us - you can paint it anyway you want but Forster won them the game just as much as Morelos lost us it.

In truth, our team did.

Well said.

He had them on the ropes, he was denied by an inspired goalkeeping performances. But, and I say this as the guys biggest fan, he choked the penalty. It’s the sort of safe penalty players hit when they’re not confident, and his head definitely went after that.

Those who were ranting about how shit he had been to that point were clueless and clearly just venting their anger at the fact his previous chances were saved. Ultimately we don’t seem to be able to win crunch games when it’s not coming off for Morelos. That’s the real issue for me. Morelos will take the brunt of the heat for that loss, but can I ask, where the fúck were the rest of them? And what was Gerrard thinking with those changes.....

In truth, our team did.

As they say, think I like the cut of your gib. I still have man-love for Alfie.

As you rightly say he ran their backline ragged himself at times and with better finishing/better luck (whichever suits) he would have won us the trophy.

Few times today the better option was to pass; I’m convinced if he’d already scored against Celtic before his decision making would’ve been different

I love Alfie and he’s easily out best player but today was Morelos vs Celtic in his eyes, purely focused on scoring against them rather than being selfless. Morelos’ record against Celtic is abysmal and his misses today cost us - you can paint it anyway you want but Forster won them the game just as much as Morelos lost us it.

Simply not true mate. The guy doesn’t need any more grief than he’s already getting so this needs knocked on the head. On both occasions the route to Kent was blocked, when you see the replays from the camera behind the player you can see this, if he attempts the pass it’s either blocked or at the very least deflected away from Kent, and when he’s so close to goal and on 25 goals he’s entitled to shoot anyway.

In truth, our team did.
Agree regards Morelos
Don’t agree regards the team , too many didn’t show again,

In truth, our team did.

You are right but I think you are wasting your time. The people you are aiming the post at i.e. the "Morelos is not good enough for Rangers" posters are lunatics who can't be reasoned with.

Lad above made comment that greets would have been hero. Totally agree. I though of the 4 or 5 shots buff hit them all to level I would want. The only (and it’s small consolation) that was poor was the pen and the one blazed over few min after. I felt so sorry for him today and he worked his nuts off. He wanted it and you could see it in his efforts. It just didn’t happen. Far worse strikers than him scored against Celtic, can’t think of too many better ones that haven’t.

It’s a good post by the op, but some things in life are just set in stone. When Liverpool were the kings of Europe, they hardly ever beat Man United who were utterly rank throughout that entire era.
Likewise, I’m afraid Alfie is never destined to do any damage against the filth. The decision to let him take the penalty beggars belief.

Some on here don’t think any criticism should be levelled at Morelos, always excuses for him

He should have had a hatrick today at least.

His penalty was pathetic and he never looked confident when he got hold of the ball

0 goals against them is pathetic, he’s had many chances.

Not good enough

The only one he should have passed was the one in the 2nd half when he should have squared to Defoe.

The others he was in a better position.

Their keeper had a great game and also got a bit of luck as well, especially the one that went though his legs first half and he still saved it

He had a bad day it happens I actually felt the worst miss was the one he ballooned over from the header back across.

He's been tremendous this season but his form has dipped at the wrong time for him and us. No more complicated than that.

Do you honestly think he had a good game?
Yes, how the fck else do you think we managed to control that game today and make so many chances.
Their defence never got time to play, that stopped any composure from their midfield and made their attacking threat non-existent.
They really couldn't cope with Alfie and it wasn't defending that stopped him, it was a fine goalkeeping performance a lot of luck and a poor referee, and also a real bit of cheating which was properly punished with a red card.
Morelos was a nightmare for them today!
Nearly every shot he hit on target.

We only play with one up, and that one player was so capable of leading the line that The Filth probably had their worst defensive game all season.
Yes, they nicked the game, but I can imagine that they spent most of it as spectators with their hearts in their mouth.
I know, I have lived through the same movie.

[Morelos] lacks composure at times. Twice today he just needed to chip the goalie or pass it past him, but as usual blasts it - right at goalie.
Thats how he likes to play -- it works for him and I would not want him to change it. (Morelos has a compelling mixture of technique and raw power in his game.)

On another day, the keeper does not get to it and it goes in.

Personally, I thought his strikes were all of good quality barring his penalty attempt and a wild shot over the bar.

Last edited:
In your opinion, who didn't show?
Aribo , Kent , Arfield
Barisic got in good positions but crossing was not usual standard (overhit)
Goldson strolled it until a proper striker came on , he immediately was gave away the free kick for then goal and was then rag dolled when Johnston missed a sitter.
Barker was a waste of a sub.

Some on here don’t think any criticism should be levelled at Morelos, always excuses for him

He should have had a hatrick today at least.

His penalty was pathetic and he never looked confident when he got hold of the ball

0 goals against them is pathetic, he’s had many chances.

Not good enough

Do you ever tire of posting shite? Have you ever played football in your puff?

“He should have had a hat-trick”. Well no not really, he was denied by some excellent goalkeeping, he didn’t miss 6 yards out right in front of goal, he had chances that were good but not exactly sitters. He had opportunities where he forced good saves from the keeper, one being a particularly excellent save.

There is no excuse for his penalty, it was shite, he choked it and his head went thereafter, but he’ll be under enough pressure and getting enough grief without clueless fans coming out with shite like eh “he should have had a hat-trick and he’s not good enough”, as though he’s cúnted three back post tap ins. He’s dragged us through quite a lot, he’s already on 25 goals for the season and that includes goals against sides better than Celtic, but he’s ‘not good enough’? Rangers don’t need ‘fans’ like you mate.

In truth, our team did.
Alfredo is similar to McCoist in that he will miss a number of chances then nick one. But today he was clearly trying too hard and lost that cool clinical precision. How he reacts to today will tell us a lot about his character.

He was so desperate today, maybe a bit to keen and tried too hard. I was desperate for him to score as much as anybody but when players are in better positions i.e kent in the first half was the simple cut back that i believe would have been a goal and the momentum is with us.

He had a bad day it happens I actually felt the worst miss was the one he ballooned over from the header back across.

He's been tremendous this season but his form has dipped at the wrong time for him and us. No more complicated than that.

He got worse as the game went on. I felt he allowed himself to get dragged into the sort of game the Tims wanted to play him at, niggly fouls, verbals, moaning to the ref rather than stick to the stuff that's saw him go up a level this season.

I still think Celtic are inside his head. There's not the same level of composure against them that he's got against other teams.

I love Alfie but he let us down today especially 2nd Half his refusal to pass on occasion was infuriating too

Alfredo is similar to McCoist in that he will miss a number of chances then nick one. But today he was clearly trying too hard and lost that cool clinical precision. How he reacts to today will tell us a lot about his character.
After almost three years with us and you have to ask that question?

Back