Why did Tav get the pen away?

I don’t think it was. Why would he make a deal of handing the ball to Morelos then? If it was prearranged then Morelos would have went straight to the ball.
Tav was simply trying to help morelos get a goal against them imo?

I think it was wrong to have a player (Alfie) on spot kick duties considering his lack of goals against the tims....bizarre actually :(

It was even more pressure on him due to that,maybe a factor in missing...don't tell me the tims keeper made a great save.

I would rather have Tav up there and taking it

I think it was wrong to have a player (Alfie) on spot kick duties considering his lack of goals against the tims....bizarre actually :(

It was even more pressure on him due to that,maybe a factor in missing...don't tell me the tims keeper made a great save.

I would rather have Tav up there and taking it
It was probably decided 6 weeks ago after the Motherwell match it's just unfortunate we've not had a pen since then.

He gave it away to a player who needed a goal against them. If Alfie had scored no one would be calling him a coward!

Today wasn’t about Moreos’s personal quest for an OF goal though, it was about us winning the league cup and breaking their dominance.

Tavernier defended really well, totally snuffed out Forrest.
He also got forward well, kept possession well, and put some decent crosses in.

But he's the villain because someone else missed a penalty!

This place can be barking mad.

I seen it with my own eyes.

He went to get the ball and at the last minute handed it to Morelos - who clearly didn’t look mentally prepared for it.

This was my take on it as well.

Perhaps the highlights will show it.

I think Morelos was surprised to have been handed it.

For what it's worth I thought it was less Tav bottling it and more giving him a chance to score against Celtic, but either way it was the wrong call.

Did the last thread get deleted? I asked for a quote where Gerrard said that Tav was definitely off pens?
From the Motherwell after match press conference,27/10/19........

Gerrard who called for Rangers supporters to get behind under-fire Tavernier - admitted afterwards he could now step in and remove the spot kick responsibility from his captain with Defoe or Alfredo Morelos likely to be handed that duty.

"I don't think I have to make that decision right now but it will certainly be something on my mind in the next 24 - 48 hours."

Morelos is a petulant wee fekr
Tav was taking it
Tav was meant to take it
Morelos greetin and Tav gave in
Both should be told in no uncertain terms

From the Motherwell after match press conference,27/10/19........

Gerrard who called for Rangers supporters to get behind under-fire Tavernier - admitted afterwards he could now step in and remove the spot kick responsibility from his captain with Defoe or Alfredo Morelos likely to be handed that duty.

"I don't think I have to make that decision right now but it will certainly be something on my mind in the next 24 - 48 hours."

Okay, now post the quote where he says Tav is off penalties.

Gerrard said Morelos was the penalty taker today. Tav didn't make any decision. Morelos should have put it away - it was a poor penalty. Not a good save.

I am afraid today finished Tav for me as a leader at Rangers. At the moment great Rangers captains step up, he hid and put all the pressure on a young guy who still hasn’t scored against his biggest rivals. Just cowardice of the highest order. Pathetic
Exactly this

How is it stupid?
He's a striker,he's on fire and everyone and their granny wanted Tav removed from penalties.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
It was a ridiculous decision to make in a cup final and cost us if he was to change it it should have been earlier plus why give a penalty to a player who snatched at every chance he got today and has not scored against them in 11 games that must be on his mind.

It was a ridiculous decision to make in a cup final and cost us if he was to change it it should have been earlier plus why give a penalty to a player who snatched at every chance he got today and has not scored against them in 11 games that must be on his mind.
The decision was not made today.
We have not had a penalty for 6 weeks.

He’s given it to Morelos to start his scoring against them to get the monkey off his back

seen a few posts saying this now.

a cup final, against your biggest rivals, when 1-0 down, isn’t a suitable time to do this - if that even was what he was doing.

Because he clearly lacks belief in himself. He is not a Rangers captain.

So every Rangers captain needs to take penalties ? He grafted today, put a lot into the game. Sick of hearing the same losers slag of a bloke that is knocking his pan in. But nothing like a scapegoat eh?

The decision was not made today.
We have not had a penalty for 6 weeks.

Well why have you not mentioned before you knew this decision was made 6 weeks ago?
I think Tav fucked it up and Gerrard is covering for him or Gerrard made an arse of it by giving a player penalty duties who looks scared to score against them.

I'm not sure what was and wasn't agreed, but as soon as Alfie had the ball, it was obvious to me that we were not scoring.

I can't have been the only one.

Why dont you just believe our manager then?

What is it with you?
Go away.

we done this other day, then you went into hiding.
back out wanting to see what I’m saying again now.
Weird wee troll.

Gerrard is already on record as saying - and there's no debate about this one - that Rangers fans should get behind Tav more.

If Tav did fck up tonight, there's no way he hangs him out to dry.

It's exactly the same thing as Lampard did with Barkely. Sir Alex Ferguson was a master at it - protect in public, criticise in private.

Gerrard is a savvy football man. He knows better than telling the truth at all times.

Well why have you not mentioned before you knew this decision was made 6 weeks ago?
I think Tav fucked it up and Gerrard is covering for him or Gerrard made an arse of it by giving a player penalty duties who looks scared to score against them.

I think you are making shite up in your own mind to satisfy your nonsense ideas.

Tav is captain and penalty taker.Not playing great but I think he passed the buck and took the easy way out.Not what you expect from a captain of any team.

Did the last thread get deleted? I asked for a quote where Gerrard said that Tav was definitely off pens?

However, Gerrard insists Morelos was the designated penalty taker for the afternoon.

He added: ‘Alfredo was the nominated penalty taker, yeah.

‘It was certainly a big moment for him. In terms of what was going through his mind, you’d have to ask Alfredo. It was a very, very big moment in the game, red card, you score the penalty you’ve got the extra man advantage with a big chunk of the game left.

Tav is captain and penalty taker.Not playing great but I think he passed the buck and took the easy way out.Not what you expect from a captain of any team.

see quote from manager, then hang your head in shame.

However, Gerrard insists Morelos was the designated penalty taker for the afternoon.

He added: ‘Alfredo was the nominated penalty taker, yeah.

‘It was certainly a big moment for him. In terms of what was going through his mind, you’d have to ask Alfredo. It was a very, very big moment in the game, red card, you score the penalty you’ve got the extra man advantage with a big chunk of the game left.

Gerrard is already on record as saying - and there's no debate about this one - that Rangers fans should get behind Tav more.

If Tav did fck up tonight, there's no way he hangs him out to dry.

It's exactly the same thing as Lampard did with Barkely. Sir Alex Ferguson was a master at it - protect in public, criticise in private.

Gerrard is a savvy football man. He knows better than telling the truth at all times.

mad how naive some people are being regards this.

yes, they very well may have agreed Alfie was taking the peno.
It very well may be that Tavernier lost confidence in himself and passed on the duty - and his manager is covering for him, to save a total pounding.

the 2nd option there looks most likely, in my own personal opinion (you dont have to agree with that, but I’m saying it anyway).

Direct quote from the manager “Alfredo was the nominated penalty taker. It was nothing to do with James passing the buck or anything like that. I decided we needed to change that up."

No you get me banned.
You only appear on Tav hate-fests,weird wee troll!

whit? I got you banned? I don’t even know how to get anyone banned ffs. If you got banned, that’s on you, because of your trolling nature.

prior to today, I challenge you to find a comment in the past where I’ve had a go at Tav. I’ll be waiting forever.

Back