Our next penalty kick

ShootYouDown

Just say we get one against YB on thursday. Who will be the taker? Stick with Alfie? Give it back to Tav? Barisic? Jack?

Shouldnt matter, every player in the team is a professional football player and should be scoring

Power and accuracy.

I don’t think there’s any player in our team would have been comfortable taking that penalty yesterday.

Our penalty taking situation has now become a farce, the next time we get one in a big game and miss it it’s just going to snow ball on.

I think it will probably Tav who takes the next one. I would think that Jack, Davis and Borna would be pretty good at pens,but I would probably prefer Tav back on them.

Tav! I had no objection to him stepping aside after missing the 3 he did this season and Morelos deserved a shot at it but I think pressure penalties requires you to be able to shelf your emotions, and when Morelos is gone there is no bring him back.

Would not object to Jack either though

I think Tav was a bit quick to give them up to be honest. He missed what, three out of over 20?

However, if he's not up to taking them anymore, then I'd like to see Barasic on them. He's proven to be very good from dead ball situations.

My heart sank when Tav handed the ball to Morelos yesterday. I love Morelos to bits, he's the most effective player in the league for me, but I just don't think penalties, or free kicks for that matter, will ever be his strong point. Composure isn't his greatest attribute and probably the most important for taking a penalty.

I'm Morelos biggest fan but I don't see him as a penalty taker, an instinct striker yes but more than often when he has too much time to think it causes him bother. Ryan Kent should be penalty taker, starts every game, paid the money for him, his technique is beyond question.

James Tavernier. Our captain. Who actually has a great conversion rate and his misses aren't skied or saved. Happy to be corrected, but the misses I remember are him either hitting the post or scraping past them.

For some reason the club has let the utter throbbers in our support apply unneeded pressure onto him and I wish Gerrard had squashed it when asked.

Messi misses a fair few penalties you know, would like to see the Barcelona forum when he does.

He has the technical ability to be good at penalties. I’d certainly go for Borna and that was before knowing he hit them for Osijek
I think his record for Osijek is shaky to be fair from reading a post on here about it.

Have to stick with Morelos now, for me.

It's a bit disorganized and unprofessional looking to be chopping and changing the PK taker based seemingly on the whims of the fans.

Tav missed against Feyenoord but bagged a couple against Aberdeen. Misses against Motherwell (after his defensive errors vs Young Boys and Hearts) and suddenly the manager is being asked about penalty takers etc.

So we flip it to Morelos on penalties (not the correct decision in my view but the decision is made so whatever). Morelos takes the most pressurized of high pressure penalties when he is already under severe pressure and misses. So now the fans want him off the penalties too.

It creates a problem. What if we are 0-0 with the tims on the 29th and we get a penalty in the 93rd minute? We flip the PK taker again? Give it to someone else?

Honestly after Motherwell I wish Gerrard had come out and said "Tav is the penalty taker and we will stick with him" and Tav had come out and said "I am taking that responsibility on my shoulders".

Then yesterday Tav gets to top off his excellent performance with a goal from the penalty spot and his redemption arc is complete.

Don't mess about with the penalty taker as it just creates even more needless pressure on top of the already existing huge pressure.

Cant keep messing with this. At an outside chance -Davis.

However more realistic, Tav is captain he needs to take responsibility.

Captains Responsibility - for a long time he was the penalty expert.

Have to stick with Morelos now, for me.

It's a bit disorganized and unprofessional looking to be chopping and changing the PK taker based seemingly on the whims of the fans.

Tav missed against Feyenoord but bagged a couple against Aberdeen. Misses against Motherwell (after his defensive errors vs Young Boys and Hearts) and suddenly the manager is being asked about penalty takers etc.

So we flip it to Morelos on penalties (not the correct decision in my view but the decision is made so whatever). Morelos takes the most pressurized of high pressure penalties when he is already under severe pressure and misses. So now the fans want him off the penalties too.

It creates a problem. What if we are 0-0 with the tims on the 29th and we get a penalty in the 93rd minute? We flip the PK taker again? Give it to someone else?

Honestly after Motherwell I wish Gerrard had come out and said "Tav is the penalty taker and we will stick with him" and Tav had come out and said "I am taking that responsibility on my shoulders".

Then yesterday Tav gets to top off his excellent performance with a goal from the penalty spot and his redemption arc is complete.

Don't mess about with the penalty taker as it just creates even more needless pressure on top of the already existing huge pressure.
Tav could not continue as penalty taker,he missed our last one 6 weeks ago,his 3rd miss of the season,he was going through a real dip in form with the crowd on his back too.
He was taken off them for his own good.

Morelos is now in possession,if he misses his next one I don’t know who we turn to?

Back