Anyone else now feeling more confident?

JW1988

Official Ticketer
I was as raw as many
Being at the game Morelos “misses” looked worse.
I’ve taken the decision to watch the BT highlights and taken some time to reflect.
That is one of the most one sided Old Firm’s I’ve ever seen. But for inspired keeping and a wee bit of luck we would’ve been out of sight at half time.
Yes we lost, but looking at the bigger picture I now think the likes of Tav, Jack, Arfield, Kamara, Aribo, Morelos etc know they can’t just live with them, but they can be far better.
A lot rides on the 29th, but if we match yesterdays intensity and quality on the ball we can absolutely beat them, we can win this league

I concur . I am of the opinion Alfie was superb yesterday and terrorised their back line . On another day he’s scoring two or three .

None of the team let us down , some like Jack , Tavernier , and Alfie went the extra mile and were so unfortunate to be on the end of a fluke loss . It won’t happen like that again , their luck can’t hold out much longer .

I wouldnt say more confident, im just the same. Iv been convinced weve had the better team all season. Whether we have or not is up for debate but we just need to find the consistency.

Weve started to click and i fancy us against almost anyone on our day. Just a pity we have a few off days and defensive clangers.

Not really, yesterday reminded me of the 90’s in reverse. Tommy Burns Celtic teams had most of the possession and chances while we would nick it 1-0.

Same sadly.

IF we go on to take the title, I’ll happily get down on my knees and apologise, and I’ll arse kiss this entire Rangers team till the end of time. But right now this feels like the 90’s reversed, we’re desperately looking for reasons to be positive and choosing to overlook the main issue in the process.

I really badly want this team to stick that previous statement down my throat.

Last edited:
Said to my son yesterday that I felt good about the game and that we could really give them a right doin. Didn't happen in front of goal and to me it felt like the worse OF defeat in my 55yrs. I feel we need them to slip up this month in the league preferably before they play us. If not they will go into our game at least 5 ahead (played 1 more ) I'd feel less confidant about that TBH

I concur . I am of the opinion Alfie was superb yesterday and terrorised their back line . On another day he’s scoring two or three .

None of the team let us down , some like Jack , Tavernier , and Alfie went the extra mile and were so unfortunate to be on the end of a fluke loss . It won’t happen like that again , their luck can’t hold out much longer .
Good post mate, I'm sick of reading about Alfies 'mental block' today.

The idea that he didn't score just because it was the mentally challengeds is bonkers.

Walter's team was set up to allow them all the possession at their midden and hit them on the counter - it was our preferred tactic and WS knew he had the players to deliver.

Yesterday was nothing to do with their tactics or the ability of their players to carry it through - they never got out because we didn't allow them to and their goal was down to the officials not spotting a clear offside.

Their keeper had a few good saves and we wasted a few good chances.

On another day we beat them comfortably. There was no "other day" for Tommy Burns side as this was Walter's game plan and it worked virtually every time.

Not reallyy, we were better in every department yesterday and have been before but we are far from a winning team unfortunately

No not at all, I will explain why, we played them without a striker for sixty minutes and with ten men for thirty minutes we got a penalty and could not even take them to extra time.
Morelos never scores against them and we play him as our main striker.

Hmm,we played them off the park 11v11 we struggled when they went down to ten but we were still the better team,are you seriously saying it would be different with Eduardo starting,don't think so he did ride all when he came on,and Morelos is our best striker wether that be against them or anybody else.

I'm not sure. On the face of it yes but it's also worrying that we can be so dominant, them so bad but still not win the game.

Will be a totally different game at Parkhead and we need to get at least a draw there.

I can see what you're saying and why you're saying it OP, but to he honest I'm not over it yet so I can't really think ahead at the moment. Still absolutely sick to my stomach. Sorest result since Manchester for me. It'll take a few days.

Absolutely. They are a good team but so are we. The gap is minimal if there is one at all. My only concern going forward is our defense. A high percentage of the goals we do concede tend to be from our own doing. Unforced errors, individual mistakes. That can't go on. I don't have the statistics at hand but I'd be surprised if a title winning team ever dropped points after being two goals in front. Could be wrong, but that is a massive concern.

I was as raw as many
I’ve taken the decision to watch the BT highlights and taken some time to reflect.
That is one of the most one sided Old Firm’s I’ve ever seen. But for inspired keeping and a wee bit of luck we would’ve been out of sight at half time.
Yes we lost, but looking at the bigger picture I now think the likes of Tav, Jack, Arfield, Kamara, Aribo, Morelos etc know they can’t just live with them, but they can be far better.
A lot rides on the 29th, but if we match yesterdays intensity and quality on the ball we can absolutely beat them, we can win this league
I agree. That win also papers over our performance, that last time we played them there we got pumped 4-0! They’re underestimating us and will be the last to know, when they find out it will be too late!

It's like Young Boys away, it's a sore one to take but as I said then, it feels like this is a performance that is going to change the momentum of the season (or the group on that occasion)

Hear hear. That big d1ck saved a shot with his f@cking arse. They’re luck will run out.

Hmm,we played them off the park 11v11 we struggled when they went down to ten but we were still the better team,are you seriously saying it would be different with Eduardo starting,don't think so he did ride all when he came on,and Morelos is our best striker wether that be against them or anybody else.

Did we score?

Starting to feel slightly less sick than I did yesterday.

Not sure I agree with the OP though. The players can either think we’re the better side and have been very unlucky yesterday, or they think they’ve still managed to beat us despite us being at our best (minus finishing), and thats a deflating thought.

I was as raw as many
I'll put my hand up to that. My greatest concern has always been our lack of professionalism, I now think we have just about put that to bed. We have a genuinely very good manager, still learning but very good and he's getting there.

We struggled as we took Kamara off in the middle, Eduord drew the foul the goal was scored from Morelos is not scoring against them.

I'll put my hand up to that. My greatest concern has always been our lack of professionalism, I now think we have just about put that to bed. We have a genuinely very good manager, still learning but very good and he's getting there.
He said it himself post match, we might have some short term pain but this team is going places and it’ll be our day soon.

No we didn’t, but the poster is alluding that on another day we would have murdered them, which I agree with.

You not getting fed up asking the same question again and again over the past 24 hours?

The history books will record them as winners of the 2019/2020 league cup.
That is the stat that matters.

Played them twice this season and taken nothing. On both occassions they had injury problems, yesterday they never started with a striker, we were even awarded a penalty, they had a man sent off and we still couldn't put the ball in the net. In both matches, they have been pretty poor and we've still not seen them off.

They will be a completely different side at the piggery.

It's not this game I am concerned about. We've got two tough away games before then. We are two points behind, they have an extra game so it's looking like we will be 5 points behind going into that game - unless they slip up. There is also a chance we drop points like we've already done at Tynecastle and Pittodrie.

Playing well, creating numerous chances and losing doesn't breed confidence. Especially when it's against your rivals and they have added yet another trophy to their cabinet.

We've got to see a reaction on Thursday then we simply must go to Fir Park and win - no excuses.

Being honest, after the defeat at Ibrox I was dejected and pretty worried that we weren't as close them as I had thought – we were utterly toothless that day and both set-up and played as if we were terrified of them. I wouldn't admit it to myself, but I was pretty worried in the lead up to yesterday's game.

After yesterday, I'm still dejected but for different reasons, which are the defeat and the manner of the defeat but it doesn't go beyond that. We showed without a doubt that in terms of footballing quality there's nothing between these two sides – I believe we've got a stronger starting 11 but they do have a bit more depth.

There's always going to be that bit of doubt in my mind until we do have the major win, but I don't go into the next Old Firm with any fear. We can outplay this mob comfortably, we just need a wee bit more composure and, dare I say it, the rub of the green.

Back