The importance of Wednesday’s press conference:

Virgil Hilts

Our boss and a selected player have the opportunity to nail the 3 corrupt match officials who played a significant role in costing us our first piece of silverware for what seems like an eternity.

In my opinion our media team should be working on appropriate talking points for SG & co to raise on Wednesday.

For me the perfect response would be:

In the last few seasons, match officials have -

forced Rangers to finish numerous matches with 10 men, decisions that SFA appeals panels have found wanting, subsequently seeing the red cards rescinded.

We saw all 3 match officials miss clear and obvious infringements that gifted the cup to our opponents n a manner which I have never heard of never mind witnessed in over 20 years of football. Our opponents had 1 shot on target - which they scored from - where 3 of their players were standing in an offside position directly in line with the assistant referee.

Maybe match officials who don’t love ve and work in Scotland have less pressure from other clubs and their fans, I hope that it is nothing more sinister than that.

Theoretically the fight referees could have given a points decision to Andy Ruiz jr on Saturday night, that’s how my staff and our players feel re Sunday, our opponents could not win that cup final without outside assistance.

Address the elephant in the room at the soonest possible juncture so that the element f our support that think the game is bent can at least see that we are paying lip service to the problem.

What will that achieve ? Nothing.

The difference is, in the game at Ibrox where we beat them. Fairly by the way. They have people in the right places in the media, Sutton , walker etc who can create a narrative and it snowballs which ended up with beating getting threats etc.

I think having a gripe on presser before the YB game won’t do much.

That genuinely saddens me.

I also believe that the onus should be on the club as opposed to the manager but I have infinitely more faith in SG than I doo in SR.

He’ll want to focus on qualification rather than the weekends game. He may make a small comment but Gerrard doesn’t strike me as someone to bleat on about previous games.

As you say I think it’s more something the club should be taking ownership of.

The difference is, in the game at Ibrox where we beat them. Fairly by the way. They have people in the right places in the media, Sutton , walker etc who can create a narrative and it snowballs which ended up with beating getting threats etc.

It’s not a gripe.

It’s a legitimate concern re how S Orishas football; in comparison to European football, is stewarded.

The whole mantra of the team has been one game at a time, dust yourself down after the previous game whether won, drawn or lost and focus on the next one due to the amount of games we're going through.

I don't see that changing, especially when the European games have a lot more variety in reporters than your standard Scottish pish.

We should mention it but we wont, i would rather we said something about the game on Sunday, just something along the lines of we know in Scottish football we have to try and take the officials and there honest mistakes out of the game

Keep it for league games. But yes, he needs to be mentioning before each one now that we can't rely on the officials in Scotland to get big decisions right.

For me a Europe wide press conference is the best place to address this.

Word it properly then let it spin itself.

Any follow up questions - “rewatch the highlights ~ surely they speak for themselves”

Or we could just let shíte like CoIIum & co. continue to pollute our sport.

If this was the other way about then ex players of that lot would be shouting about it from the rooftops. Lennon would be wanting clarification and talking about how a Offside goal cost his team in the final. He would have chased the linesman up the tunnel at the end of the game

And that’s created an edge where match officials would sooner cheat (because that’s what it is) than risk the ire of the scum and their placemen.

You don't want to come across as looking for excuses but that is our last three games in three different competitions with serious wrong decisions affecting our progress in the competition! Of course we need to be better and not rely on the decisions to get the job done but sometimes you need that extra bit to go for you instead of against you!

"The Scottish FA has charged Rangers with bringing the game into disrepute after the club's criticism of referee Willie Collum.
The Ibrox club released a statement and wrote a formal complaint to the SFA following the sending-off of Daniel Candeias against St Mirren this month.
The governing body has now issued Rangers with atotal of five charges including indicating bias."

So we complain about a referee and that very referee gets our first major cup final in years, we can't win that battle, its VAR we need not statements or complaints.

I’m not saying we should be acting like them but it’s the double standards in our media. Just think about it. Can you imagine Celtic losing a final due to a blatant offside goal. This county would be in an uproar.

We only have ourselves to blame for not winning that game on sunday.

Don't be like them and blame everyone and everything.

Any other week, Morelos has a Hat-Trick and is off after 60mins
We lost to an offside goal .so in a way we don,t have ourselves.
to blame.we should be like them and mention the offside goal and the other poor decisions made by the officials.
Yes we did have plenty off chances but ultimately the offside goal cost us the game.we missed them but their only shot on target shouldn't have stood.

apparantly now we’ve just to get on with it As these things happen in football

The dignified silence element of our support / management structure are playing right into TLB & pig eyed Peter’s hands.

These de isions have cost Rangers hundreds of thousands of ££££s in recent years.

The Ryan Jack red against Killie should’ve been the straw that broke the camel’s back.

At a corporate level - dignified silence Ilene equates to a dereliction of fiduciary responsibility - if they don’t give a fućk about sporting integrity, monetary loss should see action from SR.

"The Scottish FA has charged Rangers with bringing the game into disrepute after the club's criticism of referee Willie Collum.
The Ibrox club released a statement and wrote a formal complaint to the SFA following the sending-off of Daniel Candeias against St Mirren this month.
The governing body has now issued Rangers with atotal of five charges including indicating bias."

So we complain about a referee and that very referee gets our first major cup final in years, we can't win that battle, its VAR we need not statements or complaints.
Celtic complain and intimidate refs but don,t get a charge .strange that isn,t it.

Robertson is failing, he’s ignoring his duty as our CEO in looking after the Clubs best interests whether that be financial or football, they are both intertwined. He should be demanding answers and action from the SFA, when the fines come, challenge those too, threaten them with anything and everything. We need and must get a level playing field, no more no less.

Dave King has carried out his part, the fans have carried out theirs, Robertson must now do his, failing which get someone in who will.

This dignified silence nonsense doesn’t work in our climate, we are being abused.

It’ll be labelled as bad losers if we did.

We’ve not got someone on TV(Sutton) Ex players in the media writing their opinions on the bad decisions (Hartson, Tom Boys and insert which ever Lisbon Lion gets wheeled out these days) that the officials made that cost us the game.

There is no way we are going to mention it.
We got a penalty and we bottled it simple as that if that never happened then maybe I we would feel aggrieved but we never won the game because we couldn’t score simple a that.

A mention of the press coverage in the morning of the game about the comments made by Lennon regarding the ref wouldn’t go amiss.

The pressure should be getting ramped up on officials but we know it won't be.

It’s gone we move on we blew it they were down to ten men for over half an hour we missed a penalty and numerous 100% chances I just hope the players,coaches and manager are feeling as shit as I am and can turn around this season use it to motivate the players it’s there for all to see how much we’re hated corrupt officials Mhedia lies pundits calling our players stupid,cheats and losers if you don’t want to throw it all back in their faces then they shouldn’t be at Rangers the next match has to be the start of the fight back sometimes I feel they don’t deserve the support they get

Think there's zero chance of this happening. I wouldn't be surprised if he briefly re-iterates what was said post-match though, but that'll be it and quite rightly. We've got a massive 19 days to focus on, a period which could make or break our season going in to the new year. The last thing we need is off-field distractions.

Our boss and a selected player have the opportunity to nail the 3 corrupt match officials who played a significant role in costing us our first piece of silverware for what seems like an eternity.

In my opinion our media team should be working on appropriate talking points for SG & co to raise on Wednesday.

For me the perfect response would be:

In the last few seasons, match officials have -

forced Rangers to finish numerous matches with 10 men, decisions that SFA appeals panels have found wanting, subsequently seeing the red cards rescinded.

We saw all 3 match officials miss clear and obvious infringements that gifted the cup to our opponents n a manner which I have never heard of never mind witnessed in over 20 years of football. Our opponents had 1 shot on target - which they scored from - where 3 of their players were standing in an offside position directly in line with the assistant referee.

Maybe match officials who don’t love ve and work in Scotland have less pressure from other clubs and their fans, I hope that it is nothing more sinister than that.

Theoretically the fight referees could have given a points decision to Andy Ruiz jr on Saturday night, that’s how my staff and our players feel re Sunday, our opponents could not win that cup final without outside assistance.

Address the elephant in the room at the soonest possible juncture so that the element f our support that think the game is bent can at least see that we are paying lip service to the problem.
He's already called them out in his post match interview so I can't see him bringing it up,it won't change anything and we need to focus on YB. He LL be desperate for that game to come to get that out of our system and I expect a positive reaction.

Yes let's forget about it and keep our powder dry. These things even themselves out over a season. Besides celtic would roll over as well in the same circumstances. Keep up the dignified silence Rangers we are reaping the rewards.

I doubt last Sunday will feature much, if at all, in the Press Conference for Thursdays game. More likely to get an airing in the Press Conference for the Motherwell game - but, if I'm honest, I don't see Gerrard dwelling on it other than to repeat what he's already said.

The fall-out from Sunday should be front and centre in our local media this week, without any 'help' from the Club. It isn't and we all know why. Rangers making noises about it isn't going to change that and, in truth, will likely lead to the usual ridiculing of our complaints by a compliant press-pack again. If we want to take it further then we should be doing so formally with the SFA and the Referees Supervisor not bleating about it in the media - which, other than appeasing a few fans, actually achieves nothing.

We should be pushing for VAR not blaming refs.

**Eagerly awaits the “var will screw us even more” replies. No it won’t. Take off your foil hats.

**Eagerly awaits the “var will screw us even more” replies. No it won’t. Take off your foil hats.

VAR in Scotland will be officiated solely with hand picked cheats. It’s farcical enough down in England , god help us should it ever see the light of day up here.

VAR in Scotland will be officiated solely with hand picked cheats. It’s farcical enough down in England , god help us should it ever see the light of day up here.
I take your point on board, but they only get away with cheating just now because of “human error”/“error of judgement”.

You take that away with VAR. Anyone who thinks it will be just as bad with VAR is off their head. Maybe some poor decisions, but we would have a trophy on Sunday if we had var.

Agree that if we are unhappy as a club we should be pushing the VAR line. Personally I’d rather the game carried on as now rather than have VAR brought in

They couldn't get away with that offside decision the other day though.

It just shows how hard it is to overcome these obstacles against a corrupt set up happy with the current situation.

Craig Thompson to be the reviewer ? VAR would involve the same bent bheasts
Everyone seems to lose all rational thinking with VAR. craig thomson might be reviewing it, but he’s doing it infront of a Rangers manager, 2 officials and whoever the feck is watching on TV.

wise up ffs.

Leave this for Fridays press conference.

Full focus on Thursday - let’s go!

We should be speaking about bent refs in every press conference no matter who we play, and it shouldnt just be up to the manager... players, board, even fans and its about time some ex players had their say they totally let us down on important issues this be a perfect time to sort that.

We either all get together and end the paranioa and fear about this subject, try to do something deal with it or continue getting the piss taken out of us. Its really that simple no one outside the club thats part of the media or refereeing is going mention it until we force them too.

Back