The importance of Wednesday’s press conference:

I’m not saying we should be acting like them but it’s the double standards in our media. Just think about it. Can you imagine Celtic losing a final due to a blatant offside goal. This county would be in an uproar.

And there’s another major difference between us and them, most bears are lamenting over the missed chances more than the clear and obvious offside goal and the token guys in the media who played for Rangers are doing likewise.

I’ve been saying it since we came back up into the top flight but I urge bears to WATCH carefully the linesmen in our games who are doing us just as much if not more than referees with wrong decisions, whether it’s incompetence or deliberate cheating...You decide?

Our boss and a selected player have the opportunity to nail the 3 corrupt match officials who played a significant role in costing us our first piece of silverware for what seems like an eternity.

In my opinion our media team should be working on appropriate talking points for SG & co to raise on Wednesday.

For me the perfect response would be:

In the last few seasons, match officials have -

forced Rangers to finish numerous matches with 10 men, decisions that SFA appeals panels have found wanting, subsequently seeing the red cards rescinded.

We saw all 3 match officials miss clear and obvious infringements that gifted the cup to our opponents n a manner which I have never heard of never mind witnessed in over 20 years of football. Our opponents had 1 shot on target - which they scored from - where 3 of their players were standing in an offside position directly in line with the assistant referee.

Maybe match officials who don’t love ve and work in Scotland have less pressure from other clubs and their fans, I hope that it is nothing more sinister than that.

Theoretically the fight referees could have given a points decision to Andy Ruiz jr on Saturday night, that’s how my staff and our players feel re Sunday, our opponents could not win that cup final without outside assistance.

Address the elephant in the room at the soonest possible juncture so that the element f our support that think the game is bent can at least see that we are paying lip service to the problem.
I agree with what you say but we don't exactly have any form for this kind of thing.

That we should call it out is a no brainer.

Keep it for league games. But yes, he needs to be mentioning before each one now that we can't rely on the officials in Scotland to get big decisions right.

It's great that you've written a script as if you're Gerrard saying it though, fucking love all that on here :))

We need to learn from Lennon, he’s incredibly smart and tactical in the lead up to big games, especially against us, wee mentions of referees a few weeks before and then it snowballs and he has his mates in the media feed him questions to whip it up to a frenzy, by the time games come around the referees can’t not have heard about it

We need to learn from Lennon, he’s incredibly smart and tactical in the lead up to big games, especially against us, wee mentions of referees a few weeks before and then it snowballs and he has his mates in the media feed him questions to whip it up to a frenzy, by the time games come around the referees can’t not have heard about it

The Lardarse was warning Collum on Friday before the Final at his press conference.

If we are going to say anything about Sunday , it should be: ‘We have learned the lessons both off the pitch and on it.’
And then issue a warning that we will be taking steps to make sure there is no future repetition.....

You then leave it at that and have the press saying what do you mean? what do you mean?
That would really get up the nose of the mentally challengeds but give them no clue as to what action will be taken behind the scenes

Our boss and a selected player have the opportunity to nail the 3 corrupt match officials who played a significant role in costing us our first piece of silverware for what seems like an eternity.

In my opinion our media team should be working on appropriate talking points for SG & co to raise on Wednesday.

For me the perfect response would be:

In the last few seasons, match officials have -

forced Rangers to finish numerous matches with 10 men, decisions that SFA appeals panels have found wanting, subsequently seeing the red cards rescinded.

We saw all 3 match officials miss clear and obvious infringements that gifted the cup to our opponents n a manner which I have never heard of never mind witnessed in over 20 years of football. Our opponents had 1 shot on target - which they scored from - where 3 of their players were standing in an offside position directly in line with the assistant referee.

Maybe match officials who don’t love ve and work in Scotland have less pressure from other clubs and their fans, I hope that it is nothing more sinister than that.

Theoretically the fight referees could have given a points decision to Andy Ruiz jr on Saturday night, that’s how my staff and our players feel re Sunday, our opponents could not win that cup final without outside assistance.

Address the elephant in the room at the soonest possible juncture so that the element f our support that think the game is bent can at least see that we are paying lip service to the problem.

If it's brought up ...Gerrard will bat it away, with the usual aplomb.
"This is a press conference about the Young Boys game.
You div!!"

It’ll be labelled as bad losers if we did.

We’ve not got someone on TV(Sutton) Ex players in the media writing their opinions on the bad decisions (Hartson, Tom Boys and insert which ever Lisbon Lion gets wheeled out these days) that the officials made that cost us the game.

There is no way we are going to mention it.
We got a penalty and we bottled it simple as that if that never happened then maybe I we would feel aggrieved but we never won the game because we couldn’t score simple a that.

Mccoist, Ferguson and Rae should grow a set and start sticking up for us the way Sutton etc do for that lot. Wouldn't hold my breath though!

For me a Europe wide press conference is the best place to address this.

Word it properly then let it spin itself.

Any follow up questions - “rewatch the highlights ~ surely they speak for themselves”

Or we could just let shíte like CoIIum & co. continue to pollute our sport.
Let it go. It’s in the past. Let’s get stuck into Young Boys in the competitive football sense not the Celtic sense.

He's already called them out in his post match interview so I can't see him bringing it up,it won't change anything and we need to focus on YB. He LL be desperate for that game to come to get that out of our system and I expect a positive reaction.

I’m pretty confident that our manager is more than capable of compartmentalising in this regard.

It shouldn’t be down to SG or our players, but if he doesn’t cover Sunday’s goings on it will just go by the bye.

I’m genu8nely disgusted that our MD’s office seem unwilling to go public re cheating.

I’m pretty confident that our manager is more than capable of compartmentalising in this regard.

It shouldn’t be down to SG or our players, but if he doesn’t cover Sunday’s goings on it will just go by the bye.

I’m genu8nely disgusted that our MD’s office seem unwilling to go public re cheating.

How can you call it out as cheating? You are inferring the referee of having a bias against our club yet mintues later he awards us a penalty and sends their player off?
It ultimately cost us the game but I think it is incompetence more than cheating.

How can you call it out as cheating? You are inferring the referee of having a bias against our club yet mintues later he awards us a penalty and sends their player off?
It ultimately cost us the game but I think it is incompetence more than cheating.

Be ause it was cheating.

Cheats; successful ones anyway, strike a balance between their mendacious intent and the appearance of being evenhanded. If they don’t they don’t last long.

For me a Europe wide press conference is the best place to address this.

Word it properly then let it spin itself.

Any follow up questions - “rewatch the highlights ~ surely they speak for themselves”

Or we could just let shíte like CoIIum & co. continue to pollute our sport.
The club haven’t the courage or interest to criticise anyone much like a lot of our support.
This will happen again and just like the numerous occasions before, the club and those apathetic supporters will do and say what they’re good at, nothing.

Nothing will be said.

The ramifications of match officials cheating Rangers out of decisions is zero and they can do it with impunity now.

I've said this before. We need to have a "plant" at our press conferences who will ask a question that makes the rest of the journos in the room feel uncomfortable. Our manager doesn't need to answer or can politely decline or give a deflective answer but at the same time its out there in front of them all.
For example.

"Steven, It quite apparent that many Celtic minded journalists and radio hosts (name them for example) are doing their upmost do demonize and unsettle Alfredo Morelos in order to pressurize match officials into penalizing him, what's your views on this "

Our managers quite simply answer " It would definitely appear there is and agenda against him, lets bounce that question to the journalists here for some answers" or "It's quite alarming how many Celtic supporters have these positions, is it jobs for the bhoys?' then just wink at the f@ckers and watch them squirm .....something along those lines. :)) :))

I couldn't care less whether Gerrard comments on refereeing decisions from Sunday as I think it achieves the square root of nothing. There was a very public statement from the club last year regarding the same referee on Sunday. To be brutally honest, the tabloids will probably even ask about it as "Gerrard claims something stinks" is a significantly better headline than "Gerrard had no comment"

As long as he is drumming it into his players that they were robbed, to me that's more important. Build a siege mentality and have them thinking they need to win by at least two in every game, one to beat the opposition and one to beat the officials.

Tav, Arfield and the manager all mentioned it after the game, Same with feyenoord penalty and Aberdeen free kick/penalty. Am I missing the bit where we are meant to bleat on like mentally challengeds?

Reactions: GF7
If we discuss the referees mistakes in the past 2 domestic games it will be Fridays press conference not before an important EL game

The gaffer IMO has to highlight the mistakes have caused us to lose the LCF and drop 2 points as Beaton failed to give us the penalty and the opportunity to win the game

We have to make an issue of it

Tav, Arfield and the manager all mentioned it after the game, Same with feyenoord penalty and Aberdeen free kick/penalty. Am I missing the bit where we are meant to bleat on like mentally challengeds?

Its a domestic issue for me. Referees are scared to give decisions against Celtic. Referees couldn’t careless about denying Rangers match deciding decisions as we have all seen. Those further up the marble staircase need to start addressing it.

VAR will be "Gerry, Gerry and Gerry on the panel"

until we start mentioning the decisions in public, nothing will happen. I doubt Gerrard will though which is disappointing

The club haven’t the courage or interest to criticise anyone much like a lot of our support.
This will happen again and just like the numerous occasions before, the club and those apathetic supporters will do and say what they’re good at, nothing.

Our unwillingness to address the curruotion within The SFA / match officials is a clear and present danger to the wellbeing and standing of Rangers

( in my opinion )

Feel free to bend over.

ps tarríer s love the dignified silence ethos, it’s won them more trophies than Larsson ever did.

Likening got Rangers fans who are vocal re heartfelt concerns about how our matches are officiated speaks volumes.

If it isn’t called out then it won’t change.

It is now quite literally costing us trophies.

Gerrards time as a manager with us will ultimately be judged on trophies.

It seems like madness not to call it out and drive the message home that we are being cheated.

If it isn’t called out then it won’t change.

It is now quite literally costing us trophies.

Gerrards time as a manager with us will ultimately be judged on trophies.

It seems like madness not to call it out and drive the message home that we are being cheated.

The Ryan Jack yellow overturned by a 4th office to a red (25-1-2017) should’ve been a watershed moment for Rangers.

It is vile.

Feel free to bend over.

ps tarríer s love the dignified silence ethos, it’s won them more trophies than Larsson ever did.

Likening got Rangers fans who are vocal re heartfelt concerns about how our matches are officiated speaks volumes.
1. The mentally challengeds bleat on about cadete
2. The mentally challengeds bleat on about SFA corruption
3. The mentally challengeds bleat on about article 12
4. The mentally challengeds bleat on about referee's
5. The mentally challengeds bleat on about everything apart from the paedo ring at their club

We say our piece without shitting on others and referee's to the point we get disrepute charges

The mentally challenged
5. The mentally challengeds bleat on about everything apart from the paedo ring at their club

We say our piece without shitting on others and referee's to the point we get disrepute charges

And look what team are now getting gift wrapped trophy after trophy due to corrupt officiating.

Who’s the mugs here?

I've said this before. We need to have a "plant" at our press conferences who will ask a question that makes the rest of the journos in the room feel uncomfortable. Our manager doesn't need to answer or can politely decline or give a deflective answer but at the same time its out there in front of them all.
For example.

"Steven, It quite apparent that many Celtic minded journalists and radio hosts (name them for example) are doing their upmost do demonize and unsettle Alfredo Morelos in order to pressurize match officials into penalizing him, what's your views on this "

Our managers quite simply answer " It would definitely appear there is and agenda against him, lets bounce that question to the journalists here for some answers" or "It's quite alarming how many Celtic supporters have these positions, is it jobs for the bhoys?' then just wink at the f@ckers and watch them squirm .....something along those lines. :)) :))

Could the guy from The Athletic not do it.

OR

We could give press credentials to a freelance maybe the young boy from Paisley who does some stuff on H&H might fancy it.

And look what team are now getting gift wrapped trophy after trophy due to corrupt officiating.

Who’s the mugs here?
We all know we have more dignity and class than them, as the players and manager have said, our time will come regardless of what we stand against. It should drive them on, getting caught up in it will distract us from the bigger picture. A picture we have won historically despite corrupt calls and genuine mistakes by officials

If you think that the errors are honest mistakes that is your right. Not all Rangers supporters agree with you, in the same way that many Bears will disagree with my take on things.

We all know we have more dignity and class than them, as the players and manager have said, our time will come regardless of what we stand against. It should drive them on, getting caught up in it will distract us from the bigger picture. A picture we have won historically despite corrupt calls and genuine mistakes by officials

Your last sentence insinuates that we’ve been up against corruption fir years.

I think we have to start mentioning the shit refereeing every game and also the racist abuse Alfie is receiving in the press. This is no mistake. Its orchestrated and we need to get on top of it. It has cost us a trophy.

Mention fck all,beat young boys and win the league.actions speak louder

Your last sentence insinuates that we’ve been up against corruption fir years.
I can name several instances, but I take it as the fight we are up against and deal with it. Getting put in the fourth tier down to sporting integrity was corrupt to the core. They thought they would cripple or kill us, they only made us stronger. Sometimes it's a mistake however. Like the 89 cup final throw in or Sunday.

Further to your next point, I don't mean to appear argumentative or provocative, just stating my point on the matter. As I say "No one likes us, we don't care" well I most certainly don't. When our time comes it will be in spite of all "wrong" calls. The players understand it, in 3 of the last 4 or 5 games, they have been on the end of poor/corrupt calls and I believe they get it now having missed out on a cup, we must do more or the best we can to make it irrelevant.

I can name several instances, but I take it as the fight we are up against and deal with it. Getting put in the fourth tier down to sporting integrity was corrupt to the core. They thought they would cripple or kill us, they only made us stronger. Sometimes it's a mistake however. Like the 89 cup final throw in or Sunday.

Further to your next point, I don't mean to appear argumentative or provocative, just stating my point on the matter. As I say "No one likes us, we don't care" well I most certainly don't. When our time comes it will be in spite of all "wrong" calls. The players understand it, in 3 of the last 4 or 5 games, they have been on the end of poor/corrupt calls and I believe they get it now having missed out on a cup, we must do more or the best we can to make it irrelevant.

I couldn’t care less if anyone likes us.

I do care that our club b is being regularly wronged, whilst our M D’s office never broach the topic in the public domain.

Match officials can fućk Rangers over without fear of criticism or censure, the club hierarchy’s perceived disinclination to address numerous scandalous instances of cheating is, in my opinion, now part of the problem.

I don’t think we’re going to agree so we’d be better knocking it on the head.

cheers

I couldn’t care less if anyone likes us.

I do care that our club b is being regularly wronged, whilst our M D’s office never broach the topic in the public domain.

Match officials can fućk Rangers over without fear of criticism or censure, the club hierarchy’s perceived disinclination to address numerous scandalous instances of cheating is, in my opinion, now part of the problem.

I don’t think we’re going to agree so we’d be better knocking it on the head.

cheers
I understand your feelings and points, we have never been that kind of club however and I don't see us starting now. Take care, God bless

We need a sharp media/PR team who brief all interviewees before and after matches - that is not in doubt IMO, but our approach of “dignified silence/we move on” suggests nothing will be mentioned about Sunday’s scandalous affair.

Gerrard is a class act, but his response was to ask for “help” for officials it’s not help they need its an injection of courage.

I have despaired about this approach for years - just think back to every decision that hasn’t gone their way in recent years - the coverage & traction it generates goes on for days.

It’s designed to strike fear into referees & governing bodies to ensure that if there is a 50/50 decision in a game it goes their way 99% of the time.

It’s deliberate & it’s working for them - surely to goodness everyone can see that. We MUST fight fire with fire here.

We need a sharp media/PR team who brief all interviewees before and after matches - that is not in doubt IMO, but our approach of “dignified silence/we move on” suggests nothing will be mentioned about Sunday’s scandalous affair.

Gerrard is a class act, but his response was to ask for “help” for officials it’s not help they need its an injection of courage.

I have despaired about this approach for years - just think back to every decision that hasn’t gone their way in recent years - the coverage & traction it generates goes on for days.

It’s designed to strike fear into referees & governing bodies to ensure that if there is a 50/50 decision in a game it goes their way 99% of the time.

It’s deliberate & it’s working for them - surely to goodness everyone can see that. We MUST fight fire with fire here.

I posted yesterday, they’ve outspent Rangers by over 65% in the last 2 reporting periods. That aligned to match officials being afraid to make decisions that Celtic don’t like ( or worse), makes success finitely harder for Rangers.

Ten trophies in a fućking row

Pretty sure that Warburton was the last manager to beat them in a cup, an even p,aging field (re officiating) should be a given not a pipedream

I think the thing that annoyed me more on Sunday was it wasn't one of those decisions when it could be potentially wrong or right, three of their players were offside and now it's went under the carpet and came out as "hint of offside"

we generally don't get 2-3 penalties in a game unless we are expected to win it easily so that was never happening, genuine penalty calls but Gollum is never giving the others because he wants to keep his job and keep his family safe

I think the thing that annoyed me more on Sunday was it wasn't one of those decisions when it could be potentially wrong or right, three of their players were offside and now it's went under the carpet and came out as "hint of offside"

we generally don't get 2-3 penalties in a game unless we are expected to win it easily so that was never happening, genuine penalty calls but Gollum is never giving the others because he wants to keep his job and keep his family safe

We should also have had a retake, an additional penalty, and a Tims 2nd red.

What will that achieve ? Nothing.

The difference is, in the game at Ibrox where we beat them. Fairly by the way. They have people in the right places in the media, Sutton , walker etc who can create a narrative and it snowballs which ended up with beating getting threats etc.

I think having a gripe on presser before the YB game won’t do much.
Agree. Save it for before the game on 29th.

This is our fantasy isn’t it? That SG comes out like Jim Carey in “liar liar”.
”You’re a douchebag, he’s a loser, she’s a slut etc etc” in reality it won’t happen because for some bizarre reason the club still thinks the old stiff upper lip chaps works with these 19th Century Terrorist bastard-s whereas the truth is they have no problem with putting pressure on officials and we apparently do and would much rather work behind the scenes. Which just plays into scumhands.

We should be pushing for VAR not blaming refs.

**Eagerly awaits the “var will screw us even more” replies. No it won’t. Take off your foil hats.

Here we go again.

What if the people in charge of VAR, and they will come from the Scottish refereeing/officiating fraternity no doubt, looked at the yahoo free kick the same way the linesman did?

Back