Most ill you have ever been at a Rangers game?

RainMan1972

I generally get ill on a regular basis, especially when winter comes a long- for example after attending that on Sunday I’m struck up with a virus and fever. I also only just about managed to attend Porto away (after 4 Imodiums)

What’s the most unwell you have ever been attending one of our matches?

Inner ear infection the night we beat Hibs at Ibrox in the championship play off, temperature was unreal and felt dizzy for most of the game! Stupidly went on holiday the next day aswell and ended up in hospital in Turkey

Edu game, choked with the cold and pished, had been on it from Friday night right through. Can’t remember anything about the game until Edu’s goal. Slept from 7pm that night until the Monday night.

Dundee Utd away, Paul LeGuen era I’m sure.

Horrible flu, could barely breathe and travelled on supporters bus.

Sat in those shitey, cramped, old, wooden bench seats too.

Wtf was I thinking.

Not usually ill.

But that semi final replay last season had a horrible cold. We got beat 2 nil. And had to walk back to Central in that heavy rain.

That wasn't fun.

That sounds similar to me in Porto but minus the sickness. At 2pm I was glued to the pan haha, 5 hours later in the ground celebrating Morelos equaliser!
By the way, I explained the situation to the SLO and TC and offered to provide proof that I travelled and they still took my travel point off me.

Had been off high school for two days vomiting before the marseille home game. Old nan said if i could keep down dinner we could go and u would be back at school next day.

Dinner down off we went. Had a large coke at half time. It may have been a mixture if the bug, nerves or pure elation but when the equaliser went in I ejected the coke snd done remnants of pork chops over the guy in front. To his credit he laughed it off and kissed me on the head.

Had been off high school for two days vomiting before the marseille home game. Old nan said if i could keep down dinner we could go and u would be back at school next day.

Dinner down off we went. Had a large coke at half time. It may have been a mixture if the bug, nerves or pure elation but when the equaliser went in I ejected the coke snd done remnants of pork chops over the guy in front. To his credit he laughed it off and kissed me on the head.

Hahaha that’s sensational!

I generally get ill on a regular basis, especially when winter comes a long- for example after attending that on Sunday I’m struck up with a virus and fever. I also only just about managed to attend Porto away (after 4 Imodiums)

Last December I missed the beggars game due to a lung infection. Was going to go but physically couldn’t get out my bed .

Day we played Queens Park at Hampden.

Drank all day Friday even after feeling my guts going that morning and suspected I had caught the Noro Virus. Bokes and shit all night and couldn't move. Got myself gathered together and made Hampden for half time.

Got into Hampden and straight to the toilet to boke again. Said to my pals to leave a minute early to beat the crowd as couldn't deal with hanging about, was just down the steps outside when the roar went up for Aird's winner.

Back to the hotel for another evening of keeping nothing down. An awful weekend

I travelled to Villarreal away last year and had such a bad sickness and diahorrea bug that I couldn’t physically move without being violently ill and never made the game.
Did you post about that at the time? Rings a bell.

Never went to a game ill other than hungover. Worst one was probably the day Namouchi equalised at Tannadice in injury time. New years day so was rough as feck

Not at a rangers game but went to a basketball game in the states earlier this year with my eldest. Wasn’t feeling great beforehand but didn’t want to let him down.

Long story short I went 7 times to the toilet during the game. It was that bad I didn’t even get back to my seat on some occasions before having to rush back

Barcelona at home in 2007, had some stomach infection and left the game 10 minutes early, couldn’t last any longer and almost collapsed on to the subway. Still as bad next morning but flew to Fuerteventura at 6am. There a week, didn’t get any better, couldn’t walk more than a few yards with the pain. Finally saw a quack when I got home and got it sorted.

Barcelona at home in 2007, had some stomach infection and left the game 10 minutes early, couldn’t last any longer and almost collapsed on to the subway. Still as bad next morning but flew to Fuerteventura at 6am. There a week, didn’t get any better, couldn’t walk more than a few yards with the pain. Finally saw a quack when I got home and got it sorted.

Least you weren’t ill for the 3-0 old Firm win a few days before this?

Not really ill.but last year had a really bad hypo.blacked out cracked my head open.about an hour before i left for the game.mrs went mental because i still went to the game. :D

Was that drunk I never saw a minute of the Rangers/Motherwell semi a couple years back. Went to first aid room and slept the whole game. Woke up to find we were beaten 2-0.

Not illness,done my ankle on Xmas eve 1999, fell over full of drink, spent most of Xmas day in casualty, left on crutches, had a ticket for our game on the 27th at the Chamber of secrets so had to get my old fella to drive me up to Glasgow from Sunderland, got on the Grapes bus to the game and got carried into the ground by a few lads off the bus...

Did you post about that at the time? Rings a bell.

Never went to a game ill other than hungover. Worst one was probably the day Namouchi equalised at Tannadice in injury time. New years day so was rough as feck

01/01/2005

McCraken for them
Namouchi for us

“Or was it Klos”

November 1993 old firm game had Beijing flu was absolutely dying, Celtic beat us 2-1 at Ibrox, nightmare.

Game against the Sheep in March 1993, that was effectively the league decider.

I felt ill at school during the day but didn’t want to miss the game.

I ended up in the medical room just after Ferguson scored the opener.

Six hours later I was in the infectious diseases ward at Monklands with suspected meningitis.

Turned out it was only a severe viral infection, but I honestly though I was on the road out.

I lost a stone in eight days (back when I didn’t have a stone to lose:))).

Don't ever think that i have attended a game ill however i have done many a time suffering a hangover.

Back when i was a lad some forty years ago my father in law passed away and the same night ( 28th October 1981 ) we played St Mirren in the league cup.i went to the hospital with my wife and with my Rangers scarf in my pocket.

To this day i feel ashamed,i never went but back then Rangers were my first love.

Last edited:
Inverness 3-0 Halloween a few years ago , got my ankle caught in one of the chairs aswell and was in agony , prior to then I had been sick 4 times actually at my seat , just honestly came from nowhere and I hadn’t been drinking

Dragged out my bed still steamboat by mate and dad. Puked. Felt like death but it was a game v timmy under advocaats time.

Popped in govan bowling club still out the game. Mate and dad have pint I boak at the thought of it and have a coke n play the fruit machine. Wins 88 quid and starts to feel a bit better.

Sunday there. Woke up Saturday morning quivering, hallucinating and in agony with what I think was the flu. Managed to get my symptoms under control and went to hampden, didnt enjoy it one bit I felt awful from the moment I left. Shivering, sweating, dizzy etc... woke up on Monday back to square 1 and looking like I'll be off work all week and potentially miss young boys

Hibs at end of last season. Felt a bit funny in the morning, family had been unwell, but went to the toilet and felt a bit better. During the game felt worse and worse, barely even celebrated Defoes goal and spent h/t huddled against the stairway bannister.

Few mins into the 2nd half knew I was going to be sick, got up and rushed down the stairs, turned at the bottom (CR1) and projectile vomited into the bathroom door. Went everywhere, didn't make it near the cubicle. Felt so stupid standing hunched over the sink while the stewards cordoned it off. After a few mins managed to clean myself up but just headed back to the bus. Wasn't till I was nearly there I realised that when I had vomited I had also shit myself a tiny bit (it wasn't even Christmas!) With no toilet nearby had to slip into the bushes and use some leaves :confused:.
Missed McGregors red, a horrible wait till f/t, an uncomfortable bus journey home and two days in bed ill.

Years ago went to the game can’t mind which one was ok going through in the car. Got into the ground started to feel like shit shivering sore head ended up going back to sit in the car. Turns out it was flu ended up in bed over Boxing Day and new year:confused:
Sunday there missed the game out sat night had a tumble ended up breaking a bone in my right foot.
Upside is I’m now signed off for a min 4 weeks:))

Back