• Every game (or thereabouts)

Votes: 66 11.8%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 229 41.0%
  • Never

Votes: 263 47.1%

• Total voters
Is the catering Elior?

I would be very interested in the terms of the deal with the club. Elior have an agreement with the local council to provide catering on all functions. The council get a cut of all profits.
In all the years they have had the contract guess who has never turned a profit ? (they usually break even after expenses which we know is bullshit)

They are slimey bassas

Usually get a bovril. I was starving a few months ago and bought a burger and the thing was stuck to the inside of the bag it was in.

Occasionally when I've been for a few pints pre-match and not left myself enough time to go somewhere decent.

Pie and bovril every match. The pie's are usually fine. It's very difficult to mess up a scotch pie but obviously the longer it sits out the worse they are.

Is the catering Elior?

I would be very interested in the terms of the deal with the club. Elior have an agreement with the local council to provide catering on all functions. The council get a cut of all profits.
In all the years they have had the contract guess who has never turned a profit ? (they usually break even after expenses which we know is bullshit)

They are slimey bassas
I was speaking recently with one of Eliors competitors. It seems that the last time the contract was put out to tender, none of the major players apart from Elior submitted a return. Reason being, the way the contract is set up, it appears that a hefty payment is due to Elior by the winning contractor in terms of their investment into the contract. Meant to be in the region of £0.75m. Not an unusual thing in this business as refurbishment costs of hospitality suites etc can often fall to the contractor in this type of contrac.

Not the best food but takes me a couple of hours to drive to the stadium then walking to the ground etc I'm glad to get something to eat. The quality can only improve

I do if I'm in early and there's no queue. Only ever get a cheeseburger which are hit and miss at best. Definitely scope for an overhaul.

Just wondering generally how many of us use the catering regularly. It never seems popular on here but certainly in the Govan Rear it’s always really busy.

I probably get a pie and a drink most games, though it can often take the full 15 minutes of half time to get served and half the time there is nothing really left.

Would be interested to hear responses.

you were very disappointed on Thursday night with the new chicken offering.

the steak pie was a solid 5/10 aswell.

Not used it in years and will refuse to do so until the catering goes back to rangers again.

Luckily I get my pies and rolls from the Louden before the match

I’m in Govan rear and use it every game I make. Always get a bovril and sometimes get a pie depending if I’m hungry.

Alarming stats on this poll. With only 10% of people buying every game. If that could be boosted to 50 or 60% minimum with some decent quality food it would be beneficial for the club and our health

Not used it in years and will refuse to do so until the catering goes back to rangers again.

Luckily I get my pies and rolls from the Louden before the match

I'm the same, The Louden pre-match for a pie (their rolls are good, but their pies are just fantastic) and get a good selection of drink to pick from as well. Not to mention the beer garden has heaters and tables outside, Ibrox is baltic inside and has no tables either!

This is the reason why the matchday experience is dreadful, nothing to attract you into the stadium. You have to make an effort to get the crowd going because the club don't.

Reactions: GF1
CD6 - Queues are too long, food is pish, they run out of hot food & personally (annoyingly) I never carry change and with no card machines it's all round shyt.

Always use the Burger van , which is the 1st one you come too coming from PRW outside the flats , always good quality and fresh.

Occasionally get a pie. Much prefer a burger van on the way back to the bus though.

Asked for a tap water once and the plooky kid behind the till just looked at me completely confused. Had to tell him to grab a cup and fill it up from the tap, then he tried to charge me for bottled water. You couldn’t make it up.

Long for the day where the catering is improved to at least a decent standard.

With drinking on the boat over and more drinking in the wee rangers before match I need food to obsorb the beer and yes food not the best but still buy it as need to fill a hole in the belly :p

Other than very occasionally being at corporate hospitality . I have not bought anything from the catering outlets in way over 30yrs . It's appalling.

Think the last time I used it was back in the good old days.
Early 80's EE, twas cold, and proper boiling Bovril out of an urn.

I'm gluten free so can't eat pies, rolls, sausage or burgers. I believe they only do white coffee. I take black. Don't like tea.

Not for me.
The coffee is black and they give you the wee uht milk tubs to add yourself (in Club Deck.)
They also had gluten free mincemeat pies on Thursday night.

Last edited:
I try to suppress my appetite by drinking Buckie and smoking in the bogs...If I’ve had a good week I might even take a line or two.

Occasionally buy a tea or coffee if in early(wouldn’t stand in a queue for one).
Recently they have been doing lentil soup and crusty roll so have had that and it was actually decent.
The service is abysmal and the prices are too high for the quality of most of what is on offer.
It could be so much better but as it always seems busy they must make a very decent profit so probably won’t change.

Have never used it for years. Been mostly covered by previous posters, but it is shit quality, extremely overpriced, food & drinks either thermo nuclear or frozen, tasteless and the service is appalling. Compare & contrast to the Yanks (been to a few NFL, Baseball, Ice Hockey & basketball games over there) they have a wide variety on sale right round the stadiums i.e. Mexican, Italian, Burgers, Pizzas , chips etc etc The only thing is, it is overpriced too, but 100 times the quality of Ibrox. One other thing about the Yanks , how can they charge $6 for a water whilst a beer is only $5. I'm sure that would go down well here.

We need the guy to walk through the stands with his cardboard box filled with 500 squashed cheese & meat rolls while holding his wee box of macaroon bars, bring back the 80’s :p

Love a pie at the football and find them generally ok. However.... almost impossible in SJR to leave my seat at halftime whistle and get back to my seat for the 2nd half starting never mind getting a pish too. Last few games there’s been practically no hot food at the kiosks at half time- what the actual fk. What really rips ma knittin is quieter games like midweek cup games they close a few kiosks so it takes even feckin longer

Only thing I'll buy is a Bovril on a freezing cold day.

The food is utter muck, and paying for it only legitimises the notion that it's ok to rip off Rangers fans with dog food in return for extortion.

Thanks, but no thanks.

Back