Orange County tweet

Unless they have a good youth academy or have owners who want to invest i cant really see the benefit considering they play in the 2nd or 3rd tier of america with no chance of ever getting promotion to mls as that scenario doesn't exist

Unless they have a good youth academy or have owners who want to invest i cant really see the benefit considering they play in the 2nd or 3rd tier of america with no chance of ever getting promotion to mls as that scenario doesn't exist

as the tweet says, it gives us a presence n the US, allowing us to look for the next big thing, give them gsme time at OC on loan before signing permanently.

like a reserve team in another continent

Looks like several of our younger and some first team squad member will be heading over there on loan for a year

HorribleLoathsomeHare-size_restricted.gif

I’d genuinely like to know what the actual benefits of this type of thing are for us.

Its not going to increase our name in the US. They’re a small, 9 year old club with a tiny fanbase and not a good team.

The only time I can think of when these types of links are beneficial is Chelsea & Vitesse, or Man Utd & Royal Antwerp. But thats not what this is as there are rules in the US that forbid that feeder club type relationship.

I don’t know why we keep trying this . It never works . We’ve seen it all before . Anyone know if one single bit of good has ever come of it ?
It gets them frothing at the mouth when we announce a connection with a colour they don't like. Effing colourists.

I’d genuinely like to know what the actual benefits of this type of thing are for us.

Its not going to increase our name in the US. They’re a small, 9 year old club with a tiny fanbase and not a good team.

The only time I can think of when these types of links are beneficial is Chelsea & Vitesse, or Man Utd & Royal Antwerp. But thats not what this is as there are rules in the US that forbid that feeder club type relationship.

Rangers Soccer School's can get a nice holiday and the Yank's will throw money for coaching programmes etc because they're clueless. This is now a commercial enterprise for the club.

Benefits to the first team will be negligible.

Rangers Soccer School's can get a nice holiday and the Yank's will throw money for coaching programmes etc because they're clueless. This is now a commercial enterprise for the club.

I see, most likely the truth as I saw the soccer schools guy Gary Gibson reply to it on Twitter.

Clueless is a pretty pathetic comment by you.

Clueless is a pretty pathetic comment by you.

Who cares?

I've worked in football coaching in the US. I know the lack of knowledge on it compared to the amount of money they'll throw at it.

A host of American's have described it as worse than 'clueless' to me.

Looks like a documentary to be made of the players/coaches moving between the teams.

already had a few of their youngsters on trial

I don’t know why we keep trying this . It never works . We’ve seen it all before . Anyone know if one single bit of good has ever come of it ?

Just because it hasn't worked in the past doesn’t mean in won’t in future

The game is exploding over here

My son was playing a tournament in Portland OR and the team he was playing had the Rangers crest on the sleeve of its top. I asked the coach how that happened and he said their club have a relationship with Rangers Soccer School and subscribe to their training methods and coaching style.

I went and sat in with the other parents and told my boy I’m supporting the other team:D

Provincial clubs over here are desperate to have an affiliation with a professional team especially from Europe...... it enhances their ability to attract the best local talent

I don’t see what’s wrong with it as long as we’re not ploughing too many resources into it.....it’s a big market unlike for example Italy or Spain which will likely hold onto their local talent...

,#16n90 celebrating a goal recently & a # 16 scoring in the 90 th minute if memory serves.

If I didn't know better I'd write to the Oirish Embassy in sheer mock o'ffendedness.

Good to see the club having a go at things like this....USA is booming with soccer so if we can help them and they can help us then it’s a good thing. Might help with players,commercial, cash, soccer schools, fans In the USA etc

Back