Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

That’s a good point TGF as I heard and think another poster confirmed another lawyer out with McGuire and obtained a deal no messing around and had secured a settlement of sort with CFC regarding historical abuse.

can anyone remember ??

Im sure it was a female lawyer from Digby Brown BB ?

Edit - Sorry it is answered above - Kim Leslie.

Last edited:
I have been reliably informed that Celtic are hosting a Child Protection event on behalf of the SFA on Wednesday 11th March at Parkhead.

Seems to me an opportune moment to demonstrate if it's true?

Absolute kick in the teeth for survivors,what does this say about justice when the governing body is hosting an event at a crime scene of historical abuse and where an enquiry should be taking place with everything going on there.

flabbergasted really if true and no reason not to believe your info WATP 87

Absolute kick in the teeth for survivors,what does this say about justice when the governing body is hosting an event at a crime scene of historical abuse and where an enquiry should be taking place with everything going on there.

flabbergasted really if true and no reason not to believe your info WATP 87

Happy to provide a screenshot of the information to admin to verify. Due to it having personal information, I wouldn't like to post it on here.

I don’t have a timeline of his movements after court,but he is still in the city without giving to much away,and I don’t think he left anywhere and our info points to that.

I suggest any one with info on Cullen and any of his associates that don’t want to post on a public forum pm the relative parties involved.

I will use a poster for example last night,solid info and lead in a pm,that has opened a whole new avenue to exhaust that has been verified by a 2nd source,it’s all about the detail.
It's such a shame that info on these cunts has to be clouded.

I have been reliably informed that Celtic are hosting a Child Protection event on behalf of the SFA on Wednesday 11th March at Parkhead.

They just really think we're all idiots don't they? So, sometime in the near future, when they are being questioned, they will point to this and say, "hey, we're the only club doing these events."

All for the 'greater good of the game' no doubt.

I don’t have a timeline of his movements after court,but he is still in the city without giving to much away,and I don’t think he left anywhere and our info points to that.

I suggest any one with info on Cullen and any of his associates that don’t want to post on a public forum pm the relative parties involved.

I will use a poster for example last night,solid info and lead in a pm,that has opened a whole new avenue to exhaust that has been verified by a 2nd source,it’s all about the detail in the info.
I don't have any info on him at all.....just find it strange with all the publicity being on Torbett and Cairney that this yin has managed to stay below the radar

I don't have any info on him at all.....just find it strange with all the publicity being on Torbett and Cairney that this yin has managed to stay below the radar

He never went away and maybe no one wanted to find him under the radar,we did with ease with a cracking research team

it’s the timeline pre 82 and after his sacking we’re interested in and the latter suggests he didn’t move far away from home.

Last edited:
I sent an email to complain about the last Child Protection event they held at Celtic Park. I got an email back saying they got feedback from the people attending saying it was a good site and they were happy with the logistics

Yes, an answer which doesn't answer your point.

It might well be a logistically viable site for their needs.

It is, however, a fucking shambles that no one thinks of the victims before doing something like that.

Hillsborough might be a good place for training on football crowd emergencies but there's a reason that it might be best taking the idea to Brammal Lane or literally any other stadium instead.

Yes, an answer which doesn't answer your point.

It might well be a logistically viable site for their needs.

It is, however, a fucking shambles that no one thinks of the victims before doing something like that.

Hillsborough might be a good place for training on football crowd emergencies but there's a reason that it might be best taking the idea to Brammal Lane or literally any other stadium instead.

Yeah mate. I agree 100%. My email was short and straight to the point. I said with the recent convictions with people associated with Celtic I didn't think it was appropriate for such events to be held at CP. That was their reply. I'm not very good with technology that's why I've not posted the reply on here before now

Yeah mate. I agree 100%. My email was short and straight to the point. I said with the recent convictions with people associated with Celtic I didn't think it was appropriate for such events to be held at CP. That was their reply. I'm not very good with technology that's why I've not posted the reply on here before now

It's just the sort of BS you get when a company wants to brush things off by providing a response gets them off the hook as they see it.

The BBC have it nailed on in terms of their response to complaints. A list of stuff that doesn't answer the question you were putting to them.

You're either left to accept they're not going to answer it or write again and go round in circles with them.

It's a pathetic attitude to take to any sort of feedback.

Would the likes of Michelle Gray or any of the victims, or other groups calling for an independent enquiry, be prepared to front up a demo to highlight their grievances?

Would the likes of Michelle Gray or any of the victims, or other groups calling for an independent enquiry, be prepared to front up a demo to highlight their grievances?

What I would say is MG is aware,and with a reply from the SFA to some posters suggests this is happening and pencilled in at the crime scene and this terrible seminar should be bagged form CP.

What MG and co decide to do if they do go a route should be not on a public forum,what you don’t want is a rabble that gets easily out of hand and goes against the hard work intended.

I do agree with tour sentiment on MG,I think she is perfect and and could be that person one day.

I think Adidas is going to sign on with Celtic. I was just in a Soccer shop here in America. I asked if they had Rangers tops. He said they only had Celtic. I gave him a hard time. He said if it makes me feel better they never sell. He said their rep from Adidas had been by recently and told them that they are about to take Celtic over.

Might be time to start email the Adidas people again.

I think Adidas is going to sign on with Celtic. I was just in a Soccer shop here in America. I asked if they had Rangers tops. He said they only had Celtic. I gave him a hard time. He said if it makes me feel better they never sell. He said their rep from Adidas had been by recently and told them that they are about to take Celtic over.

Might be time to start email the Adidas people again.
I know yourself and a few others stateside have put a lot of effort into this. Obviously money means more to Adidas than the truth. Your efforts haven’t gone unnoticed.

Is anyone seeing this report on itv new regarding the systematic abuse at charity homes? Mainly Catholic run homes for children between 1921 to 1991.

Does anyone know if this is a public enquiry? I missed the start?

Is anyone seeing this report on itv new regarding the systematic abuse at charity homes? Mainly Catholic run homes for children between 1921 to 1991.

Does anyone know if this is a public enquiry? I missed the start?

Never seen it but you can bet the odd friendly footy tourney was run over the years,you would think being a catholic based clubs like their parent club it may have been visited.

Ohh and don’t forget Torbett and Cairney’s charity work.

Taken from BBC.

The first phase of the inquiry looked at children under the care of the Daughters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul between 1917 and 1981, with a particular focus on Smyllum Park Orphanage, Lanark, and Bellevue Children's Home in Rutherglen.

It found that children at Smyllum Park orphanage were sexually abused and beaten with leather straps, hairbrushes and crucifixes and that the homes were places of fear, threat, and excessive discipline.

Lady Smith said the children found "no love, no compassion, no dignity and no comfort".

Image captionLady Smith said Nazareth House orphanages were places of fear, hostility and confusion
The second phase concentrated on homes run by the Sisters of Nazareth in Aberdeen, Cardonald, Lasswade and Kilmarnock between 1933 and 1984.

It concluded that some children at the Nazareth House orphanages in Scotland were subjected to sexual abuse of the "utmost depravity" .

Lady Smith said the children's homes were places of fear, hostility and confusion where youngsters were physically abused and emotionally degraded "with impunity".

The fourth phase findings have not yet been published.

I sent an email to complain about the last Child Protection event they held at Celtic Park. I got an email back saying they got feedback from the people attending saying it was a good site and they were happy with the logistics
I got the same email back too and when I emailed again to say that it was really worrying as to what kind of people were attending this event . That they were happy to sit in a place that so much child abuse had taken place and were there discussing child protection was absolutely disgusting. Needless to say NOTHING BACK.

I got the same email back too and when I emailed again to say that it was really worrying as to what kind of people were attending this event . That they were happy to sit in a place that so much child abuse had taken place and were there discussing child protection was absolutely disgusting. Needless to say NOTHING BACK.

Get that out into Social Media and start to create a backlash against it.

Bring Nippy, Useless and the SNP/SFA/SPFL into it too

It’s a disgrace

This isn’t the first time this event has been held at Celtic park. Without going into to much detail the reply we received the last time was along the lines of in previous years they had used the SECC, but found the facilities were a lot better at Celtic park.

After that reply we done a bit of research into who helped organise the event. Needless to say we definitely found where the MSP and the police officers loyalties lie. It is no coincidence why the event is held there.

Their attempts to show the public that they are a club who care for children is not even laughable. It’s how the cult have operated for many years. Attempting to cover their tracks is one thing they are good at.

Since the last time the event was held there we have uncovered many issues and notified the appropriate authorities.

Anyone been in contract with journalists in the USA?
This information was recently brought to my attention. The Kearny Police Department Detective Bureau is reviewing this information and is in consultation with the Hudson County Prosecutors Office. I am not able to provide any further detail or information regarding the investigation at this point in time.

Thank You.

George King

Chief of Police

"Lady Smith, who is chairing the inquiry, said children who were at the institutions between 1921 and 1991 lived in 'harsh, rigid regimes'".

70 years of child abuse - that we know of. That's just three establishments.

There are no words.

70 years FFS!!

That's 3 or 4 generations of child abuse at the one place.

What is it that the general public can't see about the Catholic church??

Almost every institution it is associated with, (including Bheast FC) either attracts paedophiles to work with them, or encourages the people who work there to become paedophiles!!!

The entire organisation should be razed to the ground.

Anyone been in contract with journalists in the USA?
Below was the original reply I received from the journalist in Kearny. I’ve decided to post this as the last time I posted the chiefs reply I was doubted. Anyone has any doubts then please feel free to comment. Plenty will verify that this is the original reply.

I have forwarded your emails to our Chief of Police in Kearny,NJ he is aware of this and has his detectives on the matter. Please keep me informed on any further information you may have, once I get the ok with the chief we will begin coverage.
lisa@theobserver.com
www.theobserver.com

Last edited:
70 years FFS!!

That's 3 or 4 generations of child abuse at the one place.

What is it that the general public can't see about the Catholic church??

Almost every institution it is associated with, (including Bheast FC) either attracts paedophiles to work with them, or encourages the people who work there to become paedophiles!!!

The entire organisation should be razed to the ground.

I misread the original report, archimedes. The abuse happened within THREE organisations, not three locations.

It took place in homes run by Quarriers, Aberlour Child Care Trust, and Barnardo's. The BBC report said."The first phase of the inquiry looked at children under the care of the Daughters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul between 1917 and 1981, with a particular focus on Smyllum Park Orphanage, Lanark, and Bellevue Children's Home in Rutherglen.

The second phase concentrated on homes run by the Sisters of Nazareth in Aberdeen, Cardonald, Lasswade and Kilmarnock between 1933 and 1984. It concluded that some children at the Nazareth House orphanages in Scotland were subjected to sexual abuse of the "utmost depravity.

The inquiry is now in its fifth phase and is examining the alleged abuse of children who were sent to other countries, mainly Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
"

The fact that such cruel abuse against the most vulnerable victims happened at all is bad enough. But it's the scale of the abuse, the length of time it was going on and the obvious effort that has gone into covering it up that chills the blood.

What is it going to take to get a proper campaign against this on-going horror?

This isn’t the first time this event has been held at Celtic park. Without going into to much detail the reply we received the last time was along the lines of in previous years they had used the SECC, but found the facilities were a lot better at Celtic park.

After that reply we done a bit of research into who helped organise the event. Needless to say we definitely found where the MSP and the police officers loyalties lie. It is no coincidence why the event is held there.

Their attempts to show the public that they are a club who care for children is not even laughable. It’s how the cult have operated for many years. Attempting to cover their tracks is one thing they are good at.

Since the last time the event was held there we have uncovered many issues and notified the appropriate authorities.
Red necks and blowtorches spring to mind . :mad:

I misread the original report, archimedes. The abuse happened within THREE organisations, not three locations.

It took place in homes run by Quarriers, Aberlour Child Care Trust, and Barnardo's. The BBC report said."The first phase of the inquiry looked at children under the care of the Daughters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul between 1917 and 1981, with a particular focus on Smyllum Park Orphanage, Lanark, and Bellevue Children's Home in Rutherglen.

The second phase concentrated on homes run by the Sisters of Nazareth in Aberdeen, Cardonald, Lasswade and Kilmarnock between 1933 and 1984. It concluded that some children at the Nazareth House orphanages in Scotland were subjected to sexual abuse of the "utmost depravity.

The inquiry is now in its fifth phase and is examining the alleged abuse of children who were sent to other countries, mainly Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
"

The fact that such cruel abuse against the most vulnerable victims happened at all is bad enough. But it's the scale of the abuse, the length of time it was going on and the obvious effort that has gone into covering it up that chills the blood.

What is it going to take to get a proper campaign against this on-going horror?
A government other than the SNP.

Absolutely heartbreaking to read. I would like to draw your attention to the last paragraph. This under-qualified government really have questions to answer. Not only do they refuse to hold a full independent inquiry on the issue of this thread, but they also continue to fund institutions where abuse has taken place.

Children in homes run by Quarriers, Aberlour Child Care Trust and Barnardo’s ‘tortured and abused’

Marc horne

Children were raped, beaten and tortured at care homes run like “prison camps”, a report has found.

The Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry (SCAI) spent 43 days hearing evidence about homes operated by the charities Quarriers, Aberlour Child Care Trust and Barnardo’s between 1921 and 1991.

Lady Smith, the inquiry chairwoman, found that vulnerable children and teenagers had been subjected to horrific abuse and degradation while living in the units. Her 150-page report, published yesterday, was scathing in its findings, saying that the charities “could have made a real and positive difference to every child, but that did not happen”.

“For many, further damage was inflicted upon them,” she wrote. “They were physically abused, emotionally abused and sexually abused in harsh, rigid regimes. Children were subject to regimes, structures and practices that facilitated the engagement by sexual predators in grooming practices and in serious breaches of trust.”

Her report that found abuse became a routine part of daily life for many youngsters. It noted: “Children were hit, slapped and beaten with open hands, knuckles and implements including shoes, belts, wooden spoons, canes, table tennis bats and a baton. They were kicked. They were punched. They were pushed.

“Children had carbolic soap forced into their mouths. Heads were forced into toilet pans and water then flushed over them.”

One survivor told the inquiry that she was stripped naked and beaten by her “house parents” at a Quarrier’s home in the 1960s.

“They used a belt with a buckle and a wet towel,” she recalled. “When I started crying they wrapped the towel around my neck tightly until I passed out. Then they poured a bucket of cold water over me.”

Another former Quarriers resident said: “It was like a prison camp. There was no freedom to be children.”

At Aberlour children were forced to wear orphanage clothes and have similar haircuts so they could easily be traced if they tried to escape. Siblings were routinely separated, birthdays were ignored and children were force-fed liver and tripe until they vomited. Runaways were stripped and severely beaten as a deterrent to others. Sexual abuse was rife.

Lady Smith said: “Children were sexually abused by male and female staff, older children, housemasters and a teacher. It included lewd sexual innuendo, indecent assaults, lewd and libidinous practices, oral sex, rape and sodomy.”

One woman told the inquiry that she was abused by the woman tasked with looking after at a Quarriers-run home in the 1960s.

“She would take girls to her room and would touch you sexually and make you touch her,” she said. “It happened a lot. We would have been aged between six and ten.”

Lady Smith will use the findings when deciding what recommendations are to be made in her final report.

She found that the abuse was even worse than that uncovered in a previous inquiry investigation into residential homes run by Catholic orders. She said: “Although there are similarities, the extent of sexual abuse — including abuse which also constituted a serious breach of trust — was greater in this case study.

“There were also forms of cruel punishment that did not feature in the earlier case studies.”

These included children being sent into a shed in their bare feet and pyjamas on cold winter nights at Quarriers and placed in solitary confinement in a cupboard under a staircase, known as “the cooler” at Aberlour.

All three charities, which continue to receive significant funding from the Scottish government, have apologised for the abuse.

Last edited:
Absolutely heartbreaking to read. I would like to draw your attention to the last paragraph. This under-qualified government really have questions to answer. Not only do they refuse to hold a full independent inquiry on the issue of this thread, but they also continue to fund institutions where abuse has taken place.

Children in homes run by Quarriers, Aberlour Child Care Trust and Barnardo’s ‘tortured and abused’

Marc horne

Children were raped, beaten and tortured at care homes run like “prison camps”, a report has found.

The Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry (SCAI) spent 43 days hearing evidence about homes operated by the charities Quarriers, Aberlour Child Care Trust and Barnardo’s between 1921 and 1991.

Lady Smith, the inquiry chairwoman, found that vulnerable children and teenagers had been subjected to horrific abuse and degradation while living in the units. Her 150-page report, published yesterday, was scathing in its findings, saying that the charities “could have made a real and positive difference to every child, but that did not happen”.

“For many, further damage was inflicted upon them,” she wrote. “They were physically abused, emotionally abused and sexually abused in harsh, rigid regimes. Children were subject to regimes, structures and practices that facilitated the engagement by sexual predators in grooming practices and in serious breaches of trust.”

Her report that found abuse became a routine part of daily life for many youngsters. It noted: “Children were hit, slapped and beaten with open hands, knuckles and implements including shoes, belts, wooden spoons, canes, table tennis bats and a baton. They were kicked. They were punched. They were pushed.

“Children had carbolic soap forced into their mouths. Heads were forced into toilet pans and water then flushed over them.”

One survivor told the inquiry that she was stripped naked and beaten by her “house parents” at a Quarrier’s home in the 1960s.

“They used a belt with a buckle and a wet towel,” she recalled. “When I started crying they wrapped the towel around my neck tightly until I passed out. Then they poured a bucket of cold water over me.”

Another former Quarriers resident said: “It was like a prison camp. There was no freedom to be children.”

At Aberlour children were forced to wear orphanage clothes and have similar haircuts so they could easily be traced if they tried to escape. Siblings were routinely separated, birthdays were ignored and children were force-fed liver and tripe until they vomited. Runaways were stripped and severely beaten as a deterrent to others. Sexual abuse was rife.

Lady Smith said: “Children were sexually abused by male and female staff, older children, housemasters and a teacher. It included lewd sexual innuendo, indecent assaults, lewd and libidinous practices, oral sex, rape and sodomy.”

One woman told the inquiry that she was abused by the woman tasked with looking after at a Quarriers-run home in the 1960s.

“She would take girls to her room and would touch you sexually and make you touch her,” she said. “It happened a lot. We would have been aged between six and ten.”

Lady Smith will use the findings when deciding what recommendations are to be made in her final report.

She found that the abuse was even worse than that uncovered in a previous inquiry investigation into residential homes run by Catholic orders. She said: “Although there are similarities, the extent of sexual abuse — including abuse which also constituted a serious breach of trust — was greater in this case study.

“There were also forms of cruel punishment that did not feature in the earlier case studies.”

These included children being sent into a shed in their bare feet and pyjamas on cold winter nights at Quarriers and placed in solitary confinement in a cupboard under a staircase, known as “the cooler” at Aberlour.

All three charities, which continue to receive significant funding from the Scottish government, have apologised for the abuse.
So these three "charities" admit the decades of abuse and simply say sorry!

And the Scottish government continues to fund them!

Get these sick bastards shut down NOW!

So these three "charities" admit the decades of abuse and simply say sorry!

And the Scottish government continues to fund them!

Get these sick bastards shut down NOW!
It’s sickening. The SNP have been the major stumbling block for us reference this thread. Along with Celtic they have brought nothing but shame to Scotland.

Last edited:
I'm sure a few of the victims have already told cfc where to shove their NDA's..... they are trying to silence the victims while trying to evade culpability and compo payouts for something they claim has nothing to do with them..ffs even stevie wonder could see through these lying bastardos
News flash - I have been monitoring this thread since December when the Sunday post article came out. I'm one of the victims and the story is not just about the other side of Glasgow. The story is about we were all abused when we were young playing 'amateur' football. yes scouts from south and north of the border came and saw us play at different levels and age groups but the real story is this
The SAFA and through them the SFA are responsible for every organised league game of football in this Scotland - this story is not about what colour of shirt we eventually signed for - this story is about the multiple victims over decades in the national game.
The SFA are only too glad to sit back in the shadows and watch the pro clubs across the country get hounded by the media and threads like this - all the while they get pushed back further and further into yesterdays, last weeks and last months chip wrappers.
What the times newspaper over the next few days - follow the story about Uphall Saints - the connections between the amateur game, the scouts and the recently convicted monsters responsible for ruining my love of the game and responsible for bringing so much shame to our national game.

News flash - I have been monitoring this thread since December when the Sunday post article came out. I'm one of the victims and the story is not just about the other side of Glasgow. The story is about we were all abused when we were young playing 'amateur' football. yes scouts from south and north of the border came and saw us play at different levels and age groups but the real story is this
The SAFA and through them the SFA are responsible for every organised league game of football in this Scotland - this story is not about what colour of shirt we eventually signed for - this story is about the multiple victims over decades in the national game.
The SFA are only too glad to sit back in the shadows and watch the pro clubs across the country get hounded by the media and threads like this - all the while they get pushed back further and further into yesterdays, last weeks and last months chip wrappers.
What the times newspaper over the next few days - follow the story about Uphall Saints - the connections between the amateur game, the scouts and the recently convicted monsters responsible for ruining my love of the game and responsible for bringing so much shame to our national game.

I hope you get the outcome you are looking for and some sense of closure.

Marc horne

My God. Reading that is heartbreaking. I can’t begin to imagine what sort of lives those poor children had to endure. This is Scotland’s shame. Until every case of institutional child abuse is investigated fully and the guilty punished this is a stain on Scottish society. I think that for the first time in my life, I am ashamed to be Scottish.

Back