Studies underway to add more seats to Ibrox in 2022

Just about to post this lol. Any increase would be good. Wish we could get blood safe standing as well!
I would love an increase but I don't know if 6000 would be required in all honesty and is it going to cost a fortune is it something the club can afford

Given the waiting list I think we have a demand for this amount. The feasibility studies will give an indication of the cost. If it is feasible then that would be a good time to introduce safe standing as there would be some scope with the extra seats to move people around who would not want to be in the safe standing area

The way I understand it is they are looking at various options, the preferred option of replacing screens will be massive in terms of outlay so all options are being looked at

This is potentially the most cost effective way of doing it with immediate uplift in season tickets & minimal disruption

They have already drilled down to see how far it can go etc as they begin studies etc - this was done very recently
Excellent news I'm all for it as long as my club are financially secure I always wanted rid of the big screens as they are horrendous imo but something that can be looked at in the future I'm sure I'd settle for even making them more modern

Cost,

6000 seats x £500 (average season ticket) x 10 years is £30 million.

Change average season ticket to £400 is £24 million.

Don't forget sold out Europa League games which could be champions League/qualifiers and this brings in £10 to £12 million extra over 10 years making it £36 to £42 million or once paid off £3.6 to £4.2 million extra a season for additional seats.

Cost,

6000 seats x £500 (average season ticket) x 10 years is £30 million.

Change average season ticket to £400 is £24 million.

Don't forget sold out Europa League games which could be champions League/qualifiers and this brings in £10 to £12 million extra over 10 years making it £36 to £42 million or once paid off £3.6 to £4.2 million extra a season for additional seats.
Yeh it’s like taking out a mortgage. It’s the smartest thing Septic did in the 90s as it set them up financially.

I would love an increase but I don't know if 6000 would be required in all honesty and is it going to cost a fortune is it something the club can afford
For me 55k is enough.We could sell that no bother imo and sell out most weeks.When Rangers played Hibs at Christmas time in the championship under Warburton I remember reading the amount of traffic online and by phone looking for tickets that we could've had 80k at the game.

Was there not talk of also bringing the front sections of the Copland/Broomloan Rear forward so that it overhangs the section in front?

That and lowering pitch are by far the cheapest options for more seats.

There was talk about it but the end stands can't be done, as it was at the Govan, as the stands were built differently. There was always a cantilever overhang on the Govan to begin with. The end stands have a different arrangement.

Adding rows to the back if the end stands just loses sight lines in the front sections.

You'd have to create a Liverpool Kop type stand with one tier to add seats in those stands and the cost of that including moving stairway entrances etc would be crazy for the return

I’ve got images of the two options being considered.

One with the screens removed and partial infill of seats in their place with the pitch being lowered. (Short term option)

The other is a full infill where the screens (long term option) are and it looks amazing!

Dont know how to post pics though - edited - see below post with images

Last edited:
For me 55k is enough.We could sell that no bother imo and sell out most weeks.When Rangers played Hibs at Christmas time in the championship under Warburton I remember reading the amount of traffic online and by phone looking for tickets that we could've had 80k at the game.
We’ll lower 5/6ths of the pitch and increase it by 5k then

My preferred option would be the corners as I think it would transform the stadium even if 1 was done then 3/5 years later the other was done, but obviously cost wise if they can lower the pitch for a lot cheaper for same amount ish of seats then so be it.

Excellent news I'm all for it as long as my club are financially secure I always wanted rid of the big screens as they are horrendous imo but something that can be looked at in the future I'm sure I'd settle for even making them more modern
With today's available technology and the preponderance of mobile phones and tablets, and on demand replay system would be huge.

I work in IT and the company I used to work for was looking at reselling this wifi technology which was being used at the Durham Bulls minor league baseball stadium. They had just such a system in place. Very high quality wifi to serve all the attendees and a replay on demand system in place.

Haven't kept up with it because that company decided not to bring the product on board but it was in use there at the time. You'd think it would propagate out to larger leagues and stadiums here but I think the money is there for huge screens so maybe not. I'll see if I can't track down a link.

For that kind of work, would we potentially need to move to Hampden for a season while the works being done?

would it be feasible if the govan east and west corners were filled to have screens hanging from the top of the broomloan and copland stands? obviously not the large square ones we have but shorter and wider?
Think removing the screens is too financially challenging by the looks of it

I’ve got images of the two options being considered.

One with the screens removed and partial infill of seats in their place with the pitch being lowered. (Short term option)

The other is a full infill where the screens (long term option) are and it looks amazing!

Dont know how to post pics though - edited - see below post with images
The corners filled is the best option and only option for me, the other option looks quite ridiculous

Back