Studies underway to add more seats to Ibrox in 2022

At the current rate of demand we need these seats. My main concern is that as our season ticket holders get older there is no opportunity for younger fans to obtain tickets on an ad hoc basis. If we do not involve these young fans at an early age we have the possibilty of losing them to other pastimes.

We need to have sufficient seats to allow us to meet the current demands for our future support.

Top pic wouldn’t b worth it 2k seats max by the looks of it, if it’s done it’s got to be fully done or not at all.

OP seems to think differently mate, potentially 6K seats by increasing pitch depth unless I’ve missed something

I'm no architect/engineer, but i'd guess it's limited by the corners and how far they could come down.

There's certainly tons of room though on the SJ/Govan side to lower and take seats much closer to the edge of the pitch. Could maybe have a German type design where the front row behind the goals is slightly raised (Copland/Broomloan) and Govan / main goes down to pitch level.

I always thought rows could also be added to the Copland/Broomloan rear similar to the Bar 72 area.

We need a bigger capacity, we need more variety. We need to be incredibly innovative and leading when it comes to financing it.

do this with the support Rangers, do not take an insular approach.

The way I understand it is they are looking at various options, the preferred option of replacing screens will be massive in terms of outlay so all options are being looked at

This is potentially the most cost effective way of doing it with immediate uplift in season tickets & minimal disruption

They have already drilled down to see how far it can go etc as they begin studies etc - this was done very recently
We've been told for years that putting seats where the screens are is a non starter.

Nothing is impossible but I guess cost is the biggest issue.

Hopefully innovative plans at a value for money price will see something done an capacity increase though I doubt any substantial work would be complete by 2022 if no decision has been made currently.

At least it is being looked at.

They ain't going to knock stands down having spent a load of cash refurbishing the inside of the govan near the board room for example.

I would love an increase but I don't know if 6000 would be required in all honesty and is it going to cost a fortune is it something the club can afford
“You don’t know if it’s required”.
No offence bud, but I take it you already have a ST.
Try getting 2 together (myself and the wee fella) it’s brutal. So an extra 6k is more than welcome in my view.

OP seems to think differently mate, potentially 6K seats by increasing pitch depth unless I’ve missed something
I’m talking about the pic wer the screens have been removed but the back grey part still remains and there’s a small seated section would be same shape as bottom corner but upside down so would be about 800/1000 seats each side.
I know you’ve only posted pics but just my opinion on that pic there wouldn’t be any point Cause There would still be thousands on the waiting list. Wouldn’t meet demand.

Whatever happens away fans should be housed in far end of west enclosure.
Put netting etc whatever is required to keep them from throwing things.
High risk games should become bubble games to reduce police time and costs but more importantly protect Rangers fans from the scum

I’m talking about the pic wer the screens have been removed but the back grey part still remains and there’s a small seated section would be same shape as bottom corner but upside down so would be about 800/1000 seats each side.
I know you’ve only posted pics but just my opinion on that pic there wouldn’t be any point Cause There would still be thousands on the waiting list. Wouldn’t meet demand.

The pitch is also lowered so more seats at the front of all stands as well.

I always wonder about this?
Could we not just dig down and then put the pitch and seats inside a big waterproof box with no lid?

Archimedes tells us a waterproof box that size becomes a bit ‘floaty’ if the water table rises, I had a buried oil tank pop out the ground after a rise in water table once, even heard of coffins doing the same.

His thinking that we could make more money from screens through beambacks and concerts is laughable.Can think of 1 concert Bon Jovi late 00s and beambacks were done within a season or 2 as soon as sky started showing more or less all our away games.
the screens are removable, they used to be hired out to Cricket matches, festivals etc.

“You don’t know if it’s required”.
No offence bud, but I take it you already have a ST.
Try getting 2 together (myself and the wee fella) it’s brutal. So an extra 6k is more than welcome in my view.
I don't actually have a season ticket at all I do think an expansion is needed but I would be worried an extra 6k may be on the high side I just dont want some games against dross with the stadium looking empty like the poets having to put flags over seats

They’ve been saying this for years.

Every few months they’ll wheel this out, and that they’re “looking in to safe standing”.

Yawn.

This is madness .

Are we forgetting the club deck ?

If we lower the pitch ANY further, never mind by 10 metres , the club deck won’t be able to see the near side touchline at all .

Is it just me who remembers this ? I assume it hasn’t changed any ?

Beat me to it.

It may also be the case in the Copland Broomloan Rear for the goal line but I’ve not been up there for 20 years.

Last edited:
I don't actually have a season ticket at all I do think an expansion is needed but I would be worried an extra 6k may be on the high side I just dont want some games against dross with the stadium looking empty like the poets having to put flags over seats
I think 6k is a decent amount , sell the tickets at the right price and they will be bought

What’s the capacity of the Tattiedome? We should put in just enough seats to ensure that Ibrox has a capacity of around 500 more then sit back and enjoy their meltdown cos we have more seats than them.

Can the gaps at east/west enclosures be filled so they join the copland and broomloan or are they needed for access?

A far harder proposition I expect than the '55k options', but I recall 60k capacity is criteria for hosting CL finals.

(NB I don't for one minute think UEFA would consider the current piggery for such.)
When did that change? I remember CL final at Hampden

His thinking that we could make more money from screens through beambacks and concerts is laughable.Can think of 1 concert Bon Jovi late 00s and beambacks were done within a season or 2 as soon as sky started showing more or less all our away games.
We had a few concerts at Ibrox and were very successful, believe it was he groundsman that complained about it wrecking the turf

Back