@Andythephotodr colourised pics and designs.

41374792_2184498628471997_5427635500070469632_o.jpg

New Year's Day 1963. Gers have just thumped the scum 4-0. No wonder he's a happy man :D

Fantasic work by Andy. Great info on this pic @ao2. I always wondered when that photo was captured.

Even more delighted now knowing it was the Ne'er day game back in 1963.

What a fantastic display from Rangers on a day that meant and still means a lot personally to me.

Reactions: ao2
Fantasic work by Andy. Great info on this pic @ao2. I always wondered when that photo was captured.

Even more delighted now knowing it was the Ne'er day game back in 1963.

What a fantastic display from Rangers on a day that meant and still means a lot personally to me.

It was originally in an American magazine. Their visit to their first ne'erday Rangers v Celtic match was a culture shock, to say the least :))

I'm glad the info was of use mate.

Surely there was never a black and white photo took of Andy Gray? :)
Anyway, my pulse is racing looking at the new realisation of these classic images. God, how I love The Rangers!

Yeah there are loads, you need yo remember part of the reason is press photos back then didn’t need yo be in colour, cheaper to process in B/W

ah it’s sad to see some Timmy behaviour stemming from someone one here, some of the pictures I’ve posted here have had my watermarks removed and posted to Facebook pages as their own.

I have the name as I’ve a good lot of pals who run these pages. Don’t mind the stuff getting shared but give a wee mention and leave the watermark alone. If anyone wants a print I’m happy to help but just feels like stealing and something vekyic fans would do to each other. Standards lads

ah it’s sad to see some Timmy behaviour stemming from someone one here, some of the pictures I’ve posted here have had my watermarks removed and posted to Facebook pages as their own.

I have the name as I’ve a good lot of pals who run these pages. Don’t mind the stuff getting shared but give a wee mention and leave the watermark alone. If anyone wants a print I’m happy to help but just feels like stealing and something vekyic fans would do to each other. Standards lads

Shame on whoever is responsible mate. Removing the watermark is especially sneaky. Don't let it stop you posting though. As others have said, you've got the thread of the year and we're only on January 9th!

Great work.

Obviously you know what some colours are supposed to be(like the stadium dugout, or the red brick) , but for random things like a supporters jumper or a car or what have you, does your editing software measure the greyscale and make a suggestion on what the original colour might have been, or is it pure guesswork and/or research?

Last edited:
Great work.

Obviously you know what some colours are supposed to be(like the stadium dugout, or the red brick) , but for random things like a supporters jumper or a cat or what have you, does your editing software measure the greyscale and make a suggestion on what the original colour might have been, or is it pure guesswork and/or research?

guesswork, research and ultimately what I think looks right.

greyscale only lets me know tone so a light tone won’t be navy or black and dark won’t be sky blue or white

the process really isn’t software enhanced but literally me over painting colours digitally. The more complex the picture determine the hours I put in,

it’s like any other job where I have to set myself an hourly rate almost for my time but I’d still be paying myself way under the minimum wage for the time I put in.

some folks get a bit of a shock when I quote for a job as I’m sure they think I’m going to say a couple of quid as perhaps they think the computer does it automatically but they don’t get the time that goes in

I hope people who see it call it out for what it is.
Theft!

I hope people who see it call it out for what it is.
Theft!

mate I love seeing folks sharing my pics about and using them, that’s the reason I decided to post them up here but it is a boot in the balls seeing my watermark removed and not even being given a mention for doing the colour work. Pisses me off more seeing folks selling prints on eBay for a £5 that’s obviously just printed on a home printer using the lower res photo I’ve posted up.

as I said in original post you expect that kind of thing from the tims not one of your own. Was always brought up thinking our standards were better than that.

Here's a cracker (taken from Templebluenose's post on the Classic Picture thread) of an early favourite of mine, just perfect for colourising ...

FW0mutw.png

Back