Not going too well for Warbutons QPR today

"apologies if you were offended by any language there"

as "you're fucking shit" is belted out a few times louder than the commentary

As much as we dislike Warburton for the way he left. He did get us back to the SPFL at first time of asking and identify players such as Fod, Tav and Windass who have all either served us well or now worth considerably more than bought for. That said I have far more Confidence in the current management and scouting network.

Brentford are a good side but dishing out a 6-1 battering then receiving something similar so soon sounds about right for Warburton when the opponents are similar level teams or better and not the likes of Hamilton, Killie pre Clarke and St Mirren

He cannot seem to find any level of consistency.
He may need another season and another transfer window in the summer.

Being fair to him, they were an absolute mess before he took over. Given time, he will consolidate them in the division and improve them.

Being unfair to him, his inability to coach and organise a defence is now beyond the joke stage. He's learned nothing in that regard.

the forward for QPR right on half time was horrendous

pish ball to him, defender cannot get it
runs in and his final touch before shooting would make Durie look like Messi

Being fair to him, they were an absolute mess before he took over. Given time, he will consolidate them in the division and improve them.

Being unfair to him, his inability to coach and organise a defence is now beyond the joke stage. He's learned nothing in that regard.
I agree, he has a blind spot in organising a team to defend consistently.
However, I wouldn't write him off as a coach, he can get a team playing decent football and I still enjoyed that promotion year when Rangers were worth watching and the excitement level amidst the fans was through the roof.
All of this seems forgotten by many on here.
For myself, I will always wish the man the very best.

However, I wouldn't write him off as a coach, he can get a team playing decent football and I still enjoyed that promotion year when Rangers were worth watching and the excitement level amidst the fans was through the roof.
We were a team worth watching that season but we lacked spine never better highlighted in the cup final which will remain unforgivable.

I loved the guy when he was here but it was as clear as day by the final months he was going through the motions and wasn't the manager to take us forward. The manner of his departure also left a sour taste.

He's a perfectly good manager in the Championship. He did a great job at Brentford and I thought he was harshly treated at Forest.

Watching the goals at HT - 2 goals from set pieces and a defensive calamity for the other. Until he sorts that side out, it won't matter how many goals his teams score. And his teams will always score goals.

I loved the guy when he was here but it was as clear as day by the final months he was going through the motions and wasn't the manager to take us forward. The manner of his departure also left a sour taste.

He's a perfectly good manager in the Championship. He did a great job at Brentford and I thought he was harshly treated at Forest.

Watching the goals at HT - 2 goals from set pieces and a defensive calamity for the other. Until he sorts that side out, it won't matter how many goals his teams score. And his teams will always score goals.
Set pieces will always kill his teams and he won't or can't address it.

Brentford at 8/13 were a stick on today. He just can’t set his teams up to have any kind of rigidity or toughness which is essential for digging out results away from home.

These sides looking at a shot at the playoff places all work with the same mindset: win 3 out of 5 and you’re doing a good job. I just can’t get my head around that kind of thinking but it’s what MW infected our club with at the time.

I was hoping QPR would win after Brentford did the "celtc" huddle before kick off. Mind you they have the wind in the 2nd half.

His teams always seem to lose goals in spurts, a few times we were well in the game then 10 minutes later we're 4-1 down.

As much as we dislike Warburton for the way he left. He did get us back to the SPFL at first time of asking and identify players such as Fod, Tav and Windass who have all either served us well or now worth considerably more than bought for. That said I have far more Confidence in the current management and scouting network.
Correct. A few short memories. Remember Souness left us as he thought grass was greener but he doesnt get same stick and it could have cost us 3 in a row. Dont get me wrong i like the magnificent bastard.
Warburton gave us our first real feel good since 2012 when we beat the scum in the semi.

We were a team worth watching that season but we lacked spine never better highlighted in the cup final which will remain unforgivable.
I think the squad just lacked depth.
Losing Dominic Ball was crucial, although we still should have won that match.
Yes, it remains a sore point.

They’ve conceded 3 or more 6 times this season apparently.

He simply can’t put a capable defence together.

Fraud of a manager
The hype about him while he had us romping the championship was cringeworthy
Threads about him on forums asking about him being the next England/Tottenham manager to people asking if we could compete with Barcelona

Getting us back in the SPL first time should have been the absolute minimum requirement given with the resources he had in comparison to the poor competition. It was downright humiliating not going up the season before.

Played good football, but really struggles to identify defensive players and set his team up out of possession. Ive said it before, but i reckon he'd be a good academy level coach.

Gave us our pride back when we were on our knees and built a decent side which has already paid for itself many times over and the legacy from which we still benefit.

Look at his permanent predecessor and successor for context.

I've always liked his ideas on football but it's obvious he can't put what he says into practice.
I still think he would be good running a youth academy.

Getting us back in the SPL first time should have been the absolute minimum requirement given with the resources he had in comparison to the poor competition. It was downright humiliating not going up the season before.

He still had to do it.

Look how many managers have had that luxury in that league and failed miserably.

McCoist, Stubbs, McKinnon, Laszlo, Neilson have all failed to do it.

Back