Studies underway to add more seats to Ibrox in 2022

The screens meant that we got a UEFA 5 star stadium rating. Not that it mattered because Hampden was always chosen for the host venue for any major event. The rating systems have changed these days.

As for the demand not being there. We know demand is there just because it is Rangers but take the obvious out it, even if it wasn't the case... In business the theory is that if you increase the supply, the business will grow over time. Look at McDonalds, they have plenty of restaurants already but they keep opening up new ones and they are all busy. By making their business accessible to more people, more people use it more often.

Translate that to seats at Ibrox. A lot of people at the moment don't even bother trying because they know they won't get seats together or don't even have a chance at a seat on a bigger game. Increase the supply and more people will be attempting to buy seats. Over time more people realise there are more opportunities to get a ticket.

"Feasibility study" = pretending to be serious by "looking into it" and then no action taken. It's written all over it. Must think we are buttoned up the back.

In my early days, one of the many things I loved boasting about was our stadium was bigger than theirs.
Unrealistic now, but I would love Ibrox to hold 61,000 just to get one up on them.

Petty but Proddy :))

Tottenham did this with their new stadium. It's the pettiness that's the best part of being a football fan :D

Correct . And no walkway , no museum , no memorial garden , nothing the way it’s looking now unfortunately . Our “ big plans “ for our 150th year and not a single brick laid .

Yes because high fiving a J.G. statue and moving interred ashes of others is exactly what we need. The principle of a memorial garden is lovely, but having heard the plans I'm glad it's been bombed out.

Pitch would be moved further towards the Govan stand presumably ?

how can we ? The govan would be getting extra seats at the front as well.

As I said this is all just white noise . Anyone who has sat in the club deck will know this . If the pitch is dug down any lower a huge amount of fans in our club deck will not see the near side touchline at all , their view would be restricted beyond belief.

This scenario can’t, and won’t happen . If we expand it will have to be elsewhere .

Rangers was the only suitable stadium to host an euro final but the SFA never supported us and cited a lack of Glasgow hotels able to
House guests as an excuse .

as predicted by the Gub in the FF zine , as soon as hampden was tarted up it got a final
I am sure it was one of the CWC finals we should have got, there was a medical conference on at the same time and the lack of hotel rooms was used as the reason we lost the final.

Yes because high fiving a J.G. statue and moving interred ashes of others is exactly what we need. The principle of a memorial garden is lovely, but having heard the plans I'm glad it's been bombed out.

Im not saying it was , I’m saying we haven’t done a single thing in terms of improving the surrounds of the stadium for our 150th year . We are two years away and nothing has been done .

The screens are the obvious choice to be removed, if this comes to pass dare I say this could be Alfie’s legacy to us (transfer fee funding it )

Correct . And no walkway , no museum , no memorial garden , nothing the way it’s looking now unfortunately . Our “ big plans “ for our 150th year and not a single brick laid .
Agreed mate. I can't see anything really happening. And the clock is ticking.

And we can't even get the sides of stands cleaned in one go!!

"Feasibility study" = pretending to be serious by "looking into it" and then no action taken. It's written all over it. Must think we are buttoned up the back.
I haven't seen anything to suggest the board are in the business of pretending to do things so far, and we're on a bit of a high just now (thanks to them) so they hardly need the extra kudos that might come with this, short term at least. This story didn't come from the club in any official capacity either. Let's just wait and see if anything comes of it. Any increase would be welcome by many.

I was told by more than one club official on more than one occasion last year that they were actively looking at a 3rd tier on the Govan/Broomloan stands. When built they were designed with this expansion in mind. That was the way it was explained to me.

I haven't seen anything to suggest the board are in the business of pretending to do things so far, and we're on a bit of a high just now (thanks to them) so they hardly need the extra kudos that might come with this, short term at least. This story didn't come from the club in any official capacity either. Let's just wait and see if anything comes of it. Any increase would be welcome by many.
There has been a "feasibility study" going on for safe standing for years now mate. Look how that's turned out.

There has been a "feasibility study" going on for safe standing for years now mate. Look how that's turned out.
I would say that run ins between the club and fans groups have probably derailed this more (just an opinion)

All funds have clearly been put towards getting a successful squad together that can challenge for silverware and also ensure we have assets on our books. I've longed and campaigned for safe standing but nobody rational can disagree that the squad took top priority.

Agree with others that the time remaining, issues so far, complexity of expansion etc all of this is ‘looking’ a bit pie in the sky as things stand. I hope I’m wrong, but it seems like we have a hell of a lot if work to do for project 2022, and with little to zero progress so far.

All funds have clearly been put towards getting a successful squad together that can challenge for silverware and also ensure we have assets on our books. I've longed and campaigned for safe standing but nobody rational can disagree that the squad took top priority.
The cost of safe standing is quite minimal.

Kilmarnock have installed a safe standing area holding 330 at a cost of £40,000. Cost is not an issue.

how can we ? The govan would be getting extra seats at the front as well.

As I said this is all just white noise . Anyone who has sat in the club deck will know this . If the pitch is dug down any lower a huge amount of fans in our club deck will not see the near side touchline at all , their view would be restricted beyond belief.

This scenario can’t, and won’t happen . If we expand it will have to be elsewhere .
Think you’re wrong mate. The club wouldn’t be engaging surveys if it was an obvious no goer. Pitch lines can move towards the Govan Stand. No debate there.

Screens out , 2000 seats In both spaces , safe standing enclosure there is the 6000 spaces. No need to lower pitch , too expensive and disruptive

Haven’t looked through the full thread so apologies if it’s been posted, but I’ve seen similar plans that explore the possibility of removing the boxes at the back of the Govan and putting 4 rows of seats in their place.
if im reading this correcctly,in the first image the partial seat increase involves 3 rows of new seats at the rear of the govan stand,so i assume this would remove the boxes with seats ,but still retain the restaurant facilities in argyll house to be utilized,

Here's an option in my opinion
Build a 4000 seater extension to the rear of the Govan Rear ( a third tier)
Market it as an Executive seating area with access to all games played at Ibrox.
Make the space big enough below for any extra functions that the Club would require as well as being used for a Lounge on matchdays
Charge £2000 per season and sell 5-year Season Tickets, this would give us £40 million minus VAT
This could be financed in 2 separate ways.
1 We could raise a Mortgage on it to be repaid over 5 years or
We could organize a Funder, ie Bank or other Financial Institution to lend £10K to every individual who wants to pay a 5 year Personal Loan
Could use the same idea for 2000 seats
I’d like some of what you’ve been drinking.

The gap between the lower stands and the pitch can be closed without the need to lower the pitch. Changing the angle of the terrace can achieve this and along with adding Bar72 style extensions would allow this kind of capacity increase.

Ranges should have the biggest stadium in Scotland

The gap between the lower stands and the pitch can be closed without the need to lower the pitch. Changing the angle of the terrace can achieve this and along with adding Bar72 style extensions would allow this kind of capacity increase.

Ranges should have the biggest stadium in Scotland

Not going to happen in our lifetimes.

In any case. We don't have the land needed to accommodate the extra parking that will be a requirement for any expansion.
Because of this board's lack of foresight. We could/should have had the land but the board made an almighty mistake/judgement. Very disappointing, but unsurprising.

In any case. We don't have the land needed to accommodate the extra parking that will be a requirement for any expansion.
Plenty of disused land around Ibrox that I would've thought the Club would be able to purchase and use as official car parks.

Because of this board's lack of foresight. We could/should have had the land but the board made an almighty mistake/judgement. Very disappointing, but unsurprising.

Where did the board lack foresight for additional car parking? I am unaware of any land in the proximity of the stadium which was available.

Would rather safe standing just be introduced
I would as well.

But in the absence of this then at least move UB's etc to BF3 and BF4 and that would hopefully improve things in the short term. Crystal Palace have done exactly that and it has been a success. But ideally we need safe standing.

Christ, Killie have 330 safe standing spaces and it only cost them £40k.

Where there is a will there is way. There is no will at Rangers.

Plenty of disused land around Ibrox that I would've thought the Club would be able to purchase and use as official car parks.

There are a few small disused industrial lots but I very much doubt it would make financial sense to buy a couple of wee yards to make a car park used 20 times a season

Spend millions to be the 2nd biggest ground in Glasgow with a tiny pitch that had to be reduced in size so that people in the Club Deck can see the pitch. Let's not embarrass ourselves.
Disagree with this. It’s not a pissing contest with the mentally challengeds, it’s about allowing as many Rangers fans attend matches at Ibrox and maximising revenue.

Re the parking, surely in the current climate, improved public transport links would be a more environmentally friendly solution?

There are a few small disused industrial lots but I very much doubt it would make financial sense to buy a couple of wee yards to make a car park used 20 times a season
If it means we can expand the capacity then it makes perfect sense. Better minds than me giving consideration to all of this anyway, mine was just an observation.

does hampden not have the rights for stadium gigs in glasgow too? through whatever company does the concerts.
It's up to the individual promoter which Venue they use. I have been told that Hampden gives it for practically nothing and they make their money from Booze and food. No idea if that is factual

Back