Studies underway to add more seats to Ibrox in 2022

The mentally challengeds have safe standing, under the same council/authorities. Any application we made could not be turned down other than on discrimination.
I know they have it but I'm sure there's more to it than that. Is it set in stone they're getting too keep it. Part of the feasibility study was how it worked it for them as well I'm sure.

If it means we can expand the capacity then it makes perfect sense. Better minds than me giving consideration to all of this anyway, mine was just an observation.

The lots that are about are semi derelict buildings and quite small in size. There is no land in the area where a car park of any note could be put. A lot of what looks like derelict land is actually industrial yards.

As long as whatever is added isn't done half arsed. I'd rather we improved the quality of what we have than add seats that won't look good or restrict view. We all know the only decent way of increasing the capacity is out with our financial capability.

Spend millions to be the 2nd biggest ground in Glasgow with a tiny pitch that had to be reduced in size so that people in the Club Deck can see the pitch. Let's not embarrass ourselves.
If our new footprint is big enough we could host the Wimbledon tennis final when southern England floods.

Disabled access is needed more than safe standing,there is a 10 year waiting list for the current disabled section,disgraceful for a club of our standing.

I think the Board are aware that our facilities for our disabled fellow fans are needing drastic improvements. I would hope it is high on their agenda to sort the current situation out.

I would agree that this needs sorted as a priority over many other things

Virtually every year for almost 2 decades we've been assured that "plans" are in place to impove the disabled facilities and increase the spaces and every year we've been f*&ked over.

With the honourable exception of a few individuals within the Club there is a complete and total lack of will to address the situation and I don't see that changing anytime soon, sure if the planned increase goes ahead it will include some additional spaces but that won't be because Rangers want to do it it'll be because the law and planning regulations dictate it. It'll be a sticking plaster over a gaping wound.

The current situation is nothing short of an absolute disgrace.

In any case. We don't have the land needed to accommodate the extra parking that will be a requirement for any expansion.

I think we do which makes the notion of punting part of the Albion for social housing all the more odd. However it may be a moot point anyway as the screws would be turned to make the fans use public transport to such an extent that additional car parking would be denied.

Also the mooted re-opening of Ibrox train station might mitigate the parking/travel issues

At the expense of some of the Albion car park for social housing . Our stadium is already land locked and hidden away as much as the council can do .

id prefer a complete remodel of the Copland . We have sufficient space . Bull doze edmiston house and completely re build the Copland with 3 tiers , museum , hotel , bar72 , office space , ticket office .

if finances allow of course

We owned the land where the industrial estate is near KFC, exSt Anthony’s ground

That was sold years ago, you can hardly blame the current board for that and if memory serves me correctly it was part of the deal that got us tha carpark we now have.

It’s hard to describe without a drawing but I’ve often thought one the screens could be taken out and 4/5 storeys of terraces/ balconies could be added with small bar / food areas behind the glass. One of those could be exclusively for disabled fans which would give a great view and facilities
Like the main stand at la bombonera

There are 3 rows at front of Club deck boxes
Yes I realise that.There is 6 in a box in the boxes just now I think.Full row along back of Govan would probably be more than the capacity for the hospitality suites at the back just now.So have the back row for hospitality still. Then have 2 rows in front being normal season tickets.

@HenningBerg Every thread I pop into I see you moaning about something.

Have a word with yourself.

I'm sure the club will not forget about the people in the club deck

Its not moaning for the sake of it . It’s called realism . I’m afraid after 46 years of ups and downs supporting our club ( and I wouldn’t change it) you can tell when something is a fairytale or if it’s a possibility .

Anyone who thinks we will dig down deep enough into the ground to add 6,000 new seats can mark this post and roast me if I’m wrong .

It just isn’t going to happen . There may be other ways , but not this one .

Its not moaning for the sake of it . It’s called realism . I’m afraid after 46 years of ups and downs supporting our club ( and I wouldn’t change it) you can tell when something is a fairytale or if it’s a possibility .

Anyone who thinks we will dig down deep enough into the ground to add 6,000 new seats can mark this post and roast me if I’m wrong .

They say pessimists are never disappointed, so we can't lose :p. In all seriousness, I'm finding it hard to believe that we can achieve all of our project 2022 goals in the next couple of years, especially given recent history with fan zones, memorial garden etc. As a previous poster rightly pointed out, the second option has magically removed the huge support for the Jardine roof ! Again, I hope I'm proved wrong.

Why dont you think it could happen ?

I agree, it doesn't sound feasible to me.
It might be expensive but the corners look to be the most sensible solution to a small increase in capacity.
Money is going to be the problem of course, but I would love to see us expand to a 70,000 capacity.
People say we wouldn't fill it, but I have a feeling that we could.

200 seats in each row of Govan and Main Stand, 100 in each behind goal I’m guessing...that would be 10 rows
The front rows in each stand just now have 260 approx in man stand enclosure and Govan, 175 behind each goal - depending on how the corners get squared around the Govan - so probably around 850 per row total

At the expense of some of the Albion car park for social housing . Our stadium is already land locked and hidden away as much as the council can do .

id prefer a complete remodel of the Copland . We have sufficient space . Bull doze edmiston house and completely re build the Copland with 3 tiers , museum , hotel , bar72 , office space , ticket office .

if finances allow of course

And have an odd looking out of symmetry Gaff like shittodrie and Motherwell, no thanks. Would be hideous if the Copland was remodelled without similar to either the Broomloan alone or it and the Govan as well.

Why dont you think it could happen ?

Im convinced it’ll cost a fortune .

Im convinced the sight lines from the club deck would be compromised terribly . It’s already borderline from some seats .

Im convinced these 6000 extra seats will be uncovered by our current roofs( already get soaked first 4 rows) and those people will be pissed on regularly .

Im convinced we won’t do it .

We may increase capacity by 2000 or so by making some adjustments here and there , but this 6000 lowering the pitch is just not happening .

Surely we'd have to make the pitch smaller if we did this?

We need it to be as big as possible, especially in our home games where teams just come to park the bus.

If the size of the pitch is compromised even slightly I would be 100% against this.

I know its about money, but I'd rather see another tier on the Govan ( or extensions beyond the current rear of each of the three newer stands). I've always thought extending the rear of each stand, even by 5 to 10 rows, would be feasible without too much structural work being required, but coukd be wrong

Whatever we do is pointless if it looks piecemeal and creates viewing problems within the stadium

If we did lower the pitch is it feasible to alter the angle of the main stand roof to improve the view in the club deck?

Back