Lonely Bill Leckie once again attacks Morelos

STEVEN GERRARD was a threat to every team he played against.

He was the embodiment of the guy you hated in the other lot’s colours but would have given anything to see wearing yours.

Bill Leckie reckons Rangers star Morelos is his own worst enemyCredit: Getty Images - Getty
Across 17 years, 504 games, 120 goals and nine trophies for Liverpool, plus 114 caps and 21 goals for England, he must have been an absolute swine to face across that white line.

Yet all he ever got from the opposition was respect.

And why? Because he was honest. Because he gave his lot. Because his first responsibility was always to his mates.

Because he radiated a love for his club, his city, his country and for the game.

So it’s baffling that a man who’s an ideal role model for every young pro should put himself out on a limb for a waster like Alfredo Morelos.

A waster? Yes, for me that’s what the Rangers striker is.

Someone blessed with wonderful talent, yet who spoils so much of the good work he does by slouching around like a spoiled, angry brat who hates his job.

He dives, he cheats, he lashes out at the kind of provocation 99 per cent around him laugh off, he celebrates in front of rival team’s fans, though he knows it’ll get him in trouble.
Then, when it all comes back to haunt him, he plays the victim. Or rather, he gets his manager to play it for him.
Morelos was given extra time off last week while Gerrard launched an attack on the mysterious forces he says want to drive the lad out of Scotland.
Sorry, Steven, but this is nonsense.
You’re an intelligent man, you’re a straight-talker and you’ve the potential to be a top, top gaffer, but you’re way off the mark on this one.
Because while you’re right that Morelos is a threat to these mysterious forces — aka Celtic — so were Ally McCoist, Brian Laudrup, Mark Hateley and plenty more, but no one tried to drive THEM out of the game.
Rangers star Morelos likes to play the victim says our man BillCredit: Reuters
Henrik Larsson, Chris Sutton, John Hartson were a pain in the backside for Rangers and Alan Shearer, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Dennis Bergkamp were all threats to your ambitions at Anfield, but no one tried to drive any of them out.
Why? Because, like you, they were decent guys who played the game the right way.
Like you, they were hard but fair, they could take a kick and come back for more.
Like you, they’d go to war for 90 minutes then shake hands at time up.
Morelos doesn’t tick any of these boxes. Neither did Luis Suarez, who you brought up as another example of someone who had no friends outside his club and who was railroaded to another country.
Suarez racially abused an opponent. He serially bit man-markers.
He always looked as if playing football was a chore rather than a pleasure — and that’s why he was so disliked — not because he scored goals.
Guys like Suarez get little respect from opponents because they don’t try to earn it.
Guys like him blame their own bad behaviour on the pressure others put them under.
And guys like him are not missed when they finally trudge away grumbling under their breath.
Sadly, that’s the way Morelos is headed.
With his Resting Bitch Face pout, his flailing elbows and snide off-the-ball kicks, the way he’d rather fall over to get a fellow player sent off than take a shot at goal, he seems hell-bent on making as few friends as possible in our game.
He’s not alone in this last one, of course. Roy Keane didn’t try to win popularity contests either, nor did the likes of Eric Cantona or Graeme Souness.

But what separates them from a Morelos is that they backed up the snarl with success. They led from the front, they were serial winners.
In real terms, meanwhile, this moody blue has done the square root of hee-haw.
He doesn’t have a winner’s medal, he hasn’t scored in an Old Firm game.
He has, however, let his team down through the antics which have seen him pick up seven red and 39 yellow cards in just over 100 starts.
When they come back from Dubai to reboot their season, he’ll be missing yet again.
It’s three games this time thanks to the stupidest sending-off yet — that dive when through on goal at Parkhead.
That moment, for me, said everything about him.
FOOTIE TRIBUTE Celtic and Rangers legends battle it out in charity game in memory of Glasgow rocker
It cemented him as everything the average fan hates about a certain type of modern player — the cynicism, the deviousness, the absence of joy.
Only he can change this. Only he can turn around the image the world outside Ibrox has of him.
Only he can put a smile on his coupon and learn to count to ten when he’s being wound up, only he can work out why he’d rather cheat than score.
Only he can earn the mega-money move we keep hearing big clubs are queueing up to offer.
That’s what Gerrard should be concentrating on right now, getting his goal machine’s head right, because that could end up being the difference between stopping nine in a row and facing up to stopping ten.
He should be pointing at Jermain Defoe as someone who’s been a threat wherever he’s gone for 20 years, yet who’s universally liked and admired.
He should be working overtime to turn a manchild into a man.
The fact that he would rather turn him into a martyr does neither of them any credit.

Enough is enough, Rangers and especially SG must come out and respond to this article. Morelos is no angel, the majority of his bookings are deserved, as are a couple of his sending offs. However his last two, Motherwell and Celtic are for double bookings, nothing violent. However it is also plain to see that Alfie is reffed to a different standard to other players and there are definitely some refs who just cannot wait to show a card.

Alfie no more dives than any other striker in this country, however it is fair to say the one at Scumdome was pathetic and he could definitely ask the biggest cheat in the country, Ryan Christie for some lessons. Strange how I have never read any article from Leckie, or indeed any other Scottish journalist, decrying Christie for his ridiculous antics.

The press want to crucify Alfie, they want to ensure his transfer value is diminished by painting him as "trouble". He is our most valuable asset and to protect that asset we cannot allow these attacks to go unanswered.

Last edited:
Morelos is a cracking talent, 30 odd goals and he’s not even the finished article yet.

I’m all for journalists criticising/praising footballers for their footballing performances on the pitch, but that article is a character assassination on a young guy that the author doesn’t even know personally. It’s actually quite pathetic.

Its laden with bias and agenda, and a can’t quite believe it’s been published, Oh wait a minute, yes I can.

It's a poison pen piece that represents the sum total of nothing.
Alfie doesn't have to win the respect from other team's fans, why would that be anything of worth anyway?
Most of them despise Rangers and from the way that our captain gets treated, (what has James Tavernier done to attract this behaviour apart from wearing a blue shirt Leckie?) it really is a fatuous representation of the possibilities.

No, what really gets under the skin of these sorts of people, and Leckie may be in the good seats but he is just the same hate-filled yob with a nasty pen and the vodka bottle kept in the back pocket, ...is that Alfie actually understands totally the dynamic that permeates like a stink throughout the Scottish game and has met it full on with a total disdain for those that create the smell.
Alfie knows Bill Leckie for what Bill Leckie is, and Bill Leckie knows it fine well.

Alfie will eventually move on, he will move on with having overcome the real cheating of people like Kevin Clancy, Scott Brown and the stinking press corps in Scotland who have viciously pursued him with hatred in their pens and xenophobia running through their ink like spite through a stick of rock.

When Alfie leaves he will go clutching the love of the Rangers support and he will leave 'backwater failed sportswriters' in the wake of his international fame.
If we do win the league this season, considering the enormous advantages held by our rivals, the start they have had over us and the difficult depths we have had to drag ourselves up from, then it will supremely eclipse the last eight years of empty meaningless tarnished trophies that fail to sparkle anywhere in the outside football world where those with a shred of insight understand how devalued they really are, even as Leckie lacks the wit to grasp himself.

Rangers have come on with huge leaps these last few years and one of the reasons for this is Alfredo Morelos and the Rangers support will never be anything but eternally grateful to this wee man from Columbia with a heart of a lion and for us a smile as large as a blazing sun.

Oh and just before I forget, ... fck off Leckie you're a wank! :p

Last edited:
Do these cretins have any football knowledge?

The top scorer in the group stages, a new record of goals scored in the Europa League before Christmas, and equaled Ronaldo’s goals to be 5th in European football for 2019.

Why can’t they celebrate his achievements and talk up the Scottish game for once?

Another one in the media taking the Hollicoin.
They would talk him up if he played for them.You could also guarantee they'd call out the racism he suffers ,and we'd have long pieces on why is Scotland such a hateful place?Plays for us which means it's open season.

If you mouthed off like that to someone in the street within police earshot you would be nicked. So why is Leckie being allowed to do this?
If a player or manager spoke like that about a fellow professional they would be cited. It's time SFA seriously had a look at their contacts with some of these media scum ( no sniggering at the back). They're polluting people's minds and others views of certain players.

It's taken two weeks but Match.com's favourite customer seems to have moved on from stage one of grief (denial) but seems to be stuck somewhere between stages two and three (anger and bargaining).

Usually when somebody says 'Im not a violent man' they usually are and they try to hide it by saying this statement

However I genuinely am not a violent man but I would like to repeatedly punch Leckie so hard in the face that his head would turn to pulp

Fat,ugly,borderline racist,cowardly child rape cover up/denier and piece of rancid shit of a man

Good night Bears and Leckie I sincerley hope you dont wake up in the morning.

There is honestly no negative to banning the Sun. They are the scummiest paper in Britain by a mile and absolutely everyone hates them. Even the mentally challengeds and diddy club supporters would have a hard time defending the mob who blamed the Hillsborough victims.

Get them out. And never let them back.
It'd be great to see the Sun banned in this way. There is very little value to clubs today in newspaper coverage anyway. Bitter journalists using their platforms to attack players, supporters and clubs they hate. We are better off without failing, toxic media outlets like the Sun newspaper.

If this was a journalist constantly having a go at a black celtic player he would have long been sacked and called a racist. He clearly has some sort of issue with morelos success.
Just that he’s likely to fire Rangers to success.
It’s that simple.

STEVEN GERRARD was a threat to every team he played against.

He was the embodiment of the guy you hated in the other lot’s colours but would have given anything to see wearing yours.

Bill Leckie reckons Rangers star Morelos is his own worst enemyCredit: Getty Images - Getty
Across 17 years, 504 games, 120 goals and nine trophies for Liverpool, plus 114 caps and 21 goals for England, he must have been an absolute swine to face across that white line.

Yet all he ever got from the opposition was respect.

And why? Because he was honest. Because he gave his lot. Because his first responsibility was always to his mates.

Because he radiated a love for his club, his city, his country and for the game.

So it’s baffling that a man who’s an ideal role model for every young pro should put himself out on a limb for a waster like Alfredo Morelos.

A waster? Yes, for me that’s what the Rangers striker is.

Someone blessed with wonderful talent, yet who spoils so much of the good work he does by slouching around like a spoiled, angry brat who hates his job.

He dives, he cheats, he lashes out at the kind of provocation 99 per cent around him laugh off, he celebrates in front of rival team’s fans, though he knows it’ll get him in trouble.
Then, when it all comes back to haunt him, he plays the victim. Or rather, he gets his manager to play it for him.
Morelos was given extra time off last week while Gerrard launched an attack on the mysterious forces he says want to drive the lad out of Scotland.
Sorry, Steven, but this is nonsense.
You’re an intelligent man, you’re a straight-talker and you’ve the potential to be a top, top gaffer, but you’re way off the mark on this one.
Because while you’re right that Morelos is a threat to these mysterious forces — aka Celtic — so were Ally McCoist, Brian Laudrup, Mark Hateley and plenty more, but no one tried to drive THEM out of the game.
Rangers star Morelos likes to play the victim says our man BillCredit: Reuters
Henrik Larsson, Chris Sutton, John Hartson were a pain in the backside for Rangers and Alan Shearer, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Dennis Bergkamp were all threats to your ambitions at Anfield, but no one tried to drive any of them out.
Why? Because, like you, they were decent guys who played the game the right way.
Like you, they were hard but fair, they could take a kick and come back for more.
Like you, they’d go to war for 90 minutes then shake hands at time up.
Morelos doesn’t tick any of these boxes. Neither did Luis Suarez, who you brought up as another example of someone who had no friends outside his club and who was railroaded to another country.
Suarez racially abused an opponent. He serially bit man-markers.
He always looked as if playing football was a chore rather than a pleasure — and that’s why he was so disliked — not because he scored goals.
Guys like Suarez get little respect from opponents because they don’t try to earn it.
Guys like him blame their own bad behaviour on the pressure others put them under.
And guys like him are not missed when they finally trudge away grumbling under their breath.
Sadly, that’s the way Morelos is headed.
With his Resting Bitch Face pout, his flailing elbows and snide off-the-ball kicks, the way he’d rather fall over to get a fellow player sent off than take a shot at goal, he seems hell-bent on making as few friends as possible in our game.
He’s not alone in this last one, of course. Roy Keane didn’t try to win popularity contests either, nor did the likes of Eric Cantona or Graeme Souness.

But what separates them from a Morelos is that they backed up the snarl with success. They led from the front, they were serial winners.
In real terms, meanwhile, this moody blue has done the square root of hee-haw.
He doesn’t have a winner’s medal, he hasn’t scored in an Old Firm game.
He has, however, let his team down through the antics which have seen him pick up seven red and 39 yellow cards in just over 100 starts.
When they come back from Dubai to reboot their season, he’ll be missing yet again.
It’s three games this time thanks to the stupidest sending-off yet — that dive when through on goal at Parkhead.
That moment, for me, said everything about him.
FOOTIE TRIBUTE Celtic and Rangers legends battle it out in charity game in memory of Glasgow rocker
It cemented him as everything the average fan hates about a certain type of modern player — the cynicism, the deviousness, the absence of joy.
Only he can change this. Only he can turn around the image the world outside Ibrox has of him.
Only he can put a smile on his coupon and learn to count to ten when he’s being wound up, only he can work out why he’d rather cheat than score.
Only he can earn the mega-money move we keep hearing big clubs are queueing up to offer.
That’s what Gerrard should be concentrating on right now, getting his goal machine’s head right, because that could end up being the difference between stopping nine in a row and facing up to stopping ten.
He should be pointing at Jermain Defoe as someone who’s been a threat wherever he’s gone for 20 years, yet who’s universally liked and admired.
He should be working overtime to turn a manchild into a man.
The fact that he would rather turn him into a martyr does neither of them any credit.
Why would he give two fecks about what those outside Rangers and Columbia think of him?

I just saw this now. Got to the opening part he calls Alfie a waster. Stopped.

If anyone is a waster Billy Boy, it’s you. Of oxygen. Now off ye go and concentrate on getting your plums pulled.

Usually when somebody says 'Im not a violent man' they usually are and they try to hide it by saying this statement

However I genuinely am not a violent man but I would like to repeatedly punch Leckie so hard in the face that his head would turn to pulp

Fat,ugly,borderline racist,cowardly child rape cover up/denier and piece of rancid shit of a man

Good night Bears and Leckie I sincerley hope you dont wake up in the morning.
Don't beat about the bush, say what you really mean. :D

SNP are full of haters.
Hate the SNP as much as the next guy - not sure where you are going with this though.

Leckie has written an article that deserves some real attention from the club - mentioned earlier about protecting the value of an asset and the responsibility they have to the shareholders.

“With his Resting Bitch Face pout, his flailing elbows and snide off-the-ball kicks, the way he’d rather fall over to get a fellow player sent off than take a shot at goal, he seems hell-bent on making as few friends as possible in our game.”

WOW this piece is the worst of the lot.
I wonder im many times Leckie has seen Morelos dive.
I wonder how many times he saw Sutton or Petrov do similar.
Without a word said or printed, of course.

Hate the SNP as much as the next guy - not sure where you are going with this though.

Leckie has written an article that deserves some real attention from the club - mentioned earlier about protecting the value of an asset and the responsibility they have to the shareholders.
I'll explain. Most of the hate aimed at Rangers over the last couple of years has came from their members or supporters. There is a clearly a campaign by them aimed at Rangers for obvious reasons. It wouldn't surprise me if this nonce was one of them. That's why I asked.

On the other hand he could just be a 19th Century Terrorist paedo harbouring piece of sh**.

Whoring your profession to become a troll trying to provoke a reaction. Utter lady's front bottom of a man. It’s long past since the club should ban this arse wipe of a rag.

Reactions: SE5
I'll explain. Most of the hate aimed at Rangers over the last couple of years has came from their members or supporters. There is a clearly a campaign by them aimed at Rangers for obvious reasons. It wouldn't surprise me if this nonce was one of them. That's why I asked.

On the other hand he could just be a 19th Century Terrorist paedo harbouring piece of sh**.
Yeah i hear you and agree with you.

This a single issue thing for me though - they are trying to drag the value of him down and the club have a legal responsibility to act.

Ban them.

#respectourplayers - aye fucking right

Of all within the SMSM that commentate or earn money doing so on the Scottish game, this dick is the one I can’t tolerate the most.

Amazing considering Sutton, Hartson, Stewart eat al.

What a hate filled piece on a 22 year old. The Sun needs banned until these attacks stop.

Edit - Spiers pips Leckie as most intolerable upon second thought.

They and the Scottish media really are shitting themselves across the city. Stooping that low to try and rattle us and our best player. Only one way to shut them up...keep winning.

I only read the select quotes someone in the thread posted because I’m not reading the fat virgin’s full article, but it’s a real character assassination to be honest. The sort the club should really go after, I mean you’d never see an article like that written about a racist, gambling addicted ned cùnt like Griffiths, nor would it be written about a scarf spitting, opposition fan goading, woman abusing bigot like Neil Lennon.

When articles like that are allowed to go to print they’re basically doing their bit to discourage any more exciting young talents from coming to this country. With any luck Leckie’s perpetual loneliness and lack of female company will lead to a choke wank gone wrong.

Our player has been subjected to missiles being thrown at him at no less than 3 grounds this year, racist abuse from the stands and sectarian abuse in the street.
And he feels the need to write this....
Reads like he was half-cut when he wrote it. But that's no excuse.
Do the honorable thing, Rangers, and ban this rat.

Why doesn't he write articles about Christie , Brown and Griffiths cheatin diving scumbags.....away and throw shite at yersel leckie

So many down right lies and spite in that piece and he's jumped way over the mark. He must have been full of Dutch courage when he wrote that. He's clearly looking to get a reaction from the gaffer and I for one hope he gets one.

Would he have wrote that article about anyone of them seriously doubt it.
And there in Mr Leckie, lies the tale.

The gaffer has probably never heard of this insignificant twat who failed on a dating site for the blind. Gerrards an intelligent man, Bill failed all his exams bar one, that makes him a clampett. Gerrard believes and trusts in Alfie. Alfie is leading us to 55 and becoming very prolific and an icon. All the bigoted racist journos, clubs and supporters couldn't put the wee man down. Alfie donates to the poor. Bill donates to failed dating agencies, who would you put your money on to be successful?

Back