Lonely Bill Leckie once again attacks Morelos

Sadly these articles will just continue and get worse. Rangers or Alfredo need to come out and say something because this is well beyond personal now with some of these media scribblers

Another example of an article that could only happen in the context of Rangers in Scotland. You will never find an article like that aimed at a Celtic player - wouldn’t go to print!

The thing is the Sun will be loving this their site will be getting double the hits and that is where we should hit them.

I dont understand posts like this. Are you suggesting we just ignore the article and this will thwart them?

I love Morelos, but let's not kid ourselves, if he played for the bheasts, he would be the 1 player we hated the most. He makes gestures to the opposition supporters (as does Brown and Griffiths), has wee fly kicks (as does Brown) and fights his corner by being at least as physical as players much taller than him. He plays for us, so he's fair game for every other other supporter in Scotland and the vast anti Rangers media up here.
This won't bother SG or Rangers, they know the way things are up here. By commenting on Leckie, it would look as if it bothered us. He's got the reaction he wanted from Rangers fans, but he won't get the martyrdom he would love from Rangers/SG.
He has crossed a line. He wouldn't dare write such a scathing personal attack against a Celtic player. I don't expect the club to take any serious action because we are incredibly weak/negligent when it comes to the media.

They wonder why rangers fans in their droves are no longer using the msm to get reliable news and views on Rangers.in the next decade things like H&H podcast will still be going strong while rags like the sun will no longer be selling newspapers.

"What's to like"? Seriously?
Top scorer in Europa League. Scotland's best striker. Bangs them in despite constant harrassment from opposition players and fans. His value to the team is abundantly clear.

Laughable from Leckie. "What's to like?" is a question I'm sure most women ask when they encounter this saddo's online dating profile. I'll trust the judgement of our manager, a Champions League winner, over this nonentity any day.

Leckie has 4 articles on that page. One attacking a Rangers' player. One ridiculing a footballer that supports Rangers. One backing Neil Lennon and "any" manager (just to cover his arse) re the international break and finally one mentioning Celtic scouting Lawrence Shankland.

The evidence is there Rangers, in fact its everywhere, if only you had the foresight to gather, analyse and publish it.

"Because while you’re right that Morelos is a threat to these mysterious forces — aka Celtic — so were Ally McCoist, Brian Laudrup, Mark Hateley and plenty more, but no one tried to drive THEM out of the game".

The days of McCoist and Hately, we didn't have a Celtic board intent on destroying Rangers, using the death of an ex-player to postpone a game, inventing tours of Japan, using a propaganda machine like Hollicom, taking control of the SFPL and SFA with their placemen and intimidating referees into submission. It's a completely different level now, and I don't think anything is off-limits with this despicable club that covered up child abuse for years.

Ban him from Ibrox and stop giving any information to Andy Devlin while he continues to work for them.

Have any of his fellow journalists called him out? People like him are damaging their own industry. If I was an honest journalist trying to make a career for myself, I would pissed off as all Leckie is doing is turning people away from the mainstream.

Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near Ibrox in all honesty.
I doubt Leckie comes anywhere near Ibrox in all honesty, in fact his fat arse is most probably permanently glue to his office chair given the nonexistent state of his love life.
It’s the paper itself that should be publicly hauled over the coals for this but unfortunately the apathy and disinterest that emirates from the club will again probably see this latest attack totally ignored.

Never mind Morelos, does Bill Leckie enjoy his job? Always moaning and snarling away about something. People would give him more respect if he wasn't so bitter towards the only thing that pays his bills.

I would hope the club are on top of this and I really hope they take the strongest action possible, I doubt banning Leckie will have much effect, from what I can gather he rarely visits Ibrox anyway.

I would hope the club are on top of this and I really hope they take the strongest action possible, I doubt banning Leckie will have much effect, from what I can gather he rarely visits Ibrox anyway.
He probably doesn’t. However ban the rag completely from training centre and the stadium as well as refusing to take part any future neutral press conference at Hampden if there are Sun “journalists” present.

surely its time for the club to act on this, its a total disgrace. Leckie has had it in for him since the get go.

The worst thing is this isn’t a reactionary article in the immediate aftermath of some sort of wrongdoing from Morelos. We are in a winter break and in that time Morelos has come back and done some charity work in Colombia. Nevertheless Leckie has deemed it necessary to write his bile without any prompting. A vile excuse of a human being.

I dont understand posts like this. Are you suggesting we just ignore the article and this will thwart them?
No I suggest we do not click on their site as that is what they base how popular they are! Leckie does not go to Ibrox so waste of timing banning him so hit their revenue

So any word from the club yet on this? Need to act on this sharpish. Call it out ban the Sun and call for a boycott by all supporters. Saying nothing and just giving them a free hit at Buff isn't good enough.

We need a fans campaign to ban the sun from access to Ibrox and our training centre, that article is an absolute disgrace.

I’m just a normal fan like the next person on here, but they’re are plenty of folk on here that could raise this and start to rally a support for it, similar to Liverpool’s.

We can’t let this go, this needs the strongest action possible.

Celtic would never allow a story like that to be printed about any of their players, and I wish we were more like it.

And such a story about a Celtic player would never be printed as all rags are well aware of what the consequences would be.

If you buy the Sun or read it online you are paying this person's wages.
Think about that?

I've said this many times, it's insanity. Paying the wages of the people who slaughter you. And giving them a platform and an audience.

Yet some Bears love to read it or listen to SSB to "hear their tears", yeah tears of laughter from laughing at the Bears who pay for their 5 bedroom houses in N Mearns.

S46DC43.jpg

You're comparing his antics to Brown and Griffiths? Brown gets praised to the hilt for his shenanigans, Griffiths gets to play the mental illness card for being a coked in junkie bastard.

I don't see articles like this about the above two?
Did you not understand the bit about him being treated differently ? Brown and Griffiths get away with things that Morelos doesnt. Double standards as I say then you say there are double standards.

I can't decide if we openly attack this racist trash, open up all guns blazing.

Or just let it die, and withdraw his press credentials....let him find out next time he tries to get in. Don't mention it or him, starve the racist sex-pest of the oxygen of publicity he seeks.

What do we think?

Have any of his fellow journalists called him out? People like him are damaging their own industry. If I was an honest journalist trying to make a career for myself, I would pissed off as all Leckie is doing is turning people away from the mainstream.

That’s mostly an oxymoron these days outside of a select few (zero of which cover Scottish football for the likes of the Record or Sun).

All about the race to the gutter of chasing clicks, being ‘controversial’ and playing to the gallery (read: demented moon howling Celtic fans).

There are plenty of interesting angles to cover the game from here, but none of these talentless hacks are remotely interested in or capable of doing so.

That's not journalism, that's just a hate filled rant. I always knew the Sun wasn't fit to be used as toilet paper but that piece of garbage has surpassed anything that rag has invented in the past.

Back