Studies underway to add more seats to Ibrox in 2022

My issue with safe standing is that that doesn't automatically create an atmosphere. Ibrox can be the loudest place you could imagine when we've got the current set up.

If you're plodding against Kilmarnock at home, that atmosphere isn't going to be great even if 20k are standing.

I'm not against it if there's a call for it from a large enough number but I'd rather seats were added where possible while we have a demand for that.
There will be a better atmosphere as in theory the club would allow transfers into that section to create an atmosphere. Moving the UB out of the corner and to more central would be a start.

I don't actually have a season ticket at all I do think an expansion is needed but I would be worried an extra 6k may be on the high side I just dont want some games against dross with the stadium looking empty like the poets having to put flags over seats

Our support isn't even comparable to them. They struggle to get 30k for run of the mill SPL games and 15k for Domestic cup matches. Our fanbase is far bigger and far more loyal than they are, and as such we should really have a bigger stadium.

Aberdeen game went on public sale this morning and sold out out within 15 mins. Pretty sure we could have sold 60k+ for that one had capacity allowed.

Talk of the pitch lowering reducing the sightlines in the Club Deck for the near side touch line are bang on.

But I’d assume they’d factor moving the pitch over towards the Govan as much as they could to mitigate?

Balancing how far they can drop it before they lose too many existing CD seats to ‘restricted view’ will have to be in the costing for how sensible it is to do.

There will be a better atmosphere as in theory the club would allow transfers into that section to create an atmosphere. Moving the UB out of the corner and to more central would be a start.

That's fair comment.

Revenue still takes priority though. I would like to see the front of the Broomloan or Copland become the standing section in time if there's a chance to sell 4k tickets in that area for people wanting to stand but moving those in there at the moment could be a stumbling block. It's possible best in the Broomloan for that reason and we don't have away fans to content with in there now either.

That's fair comment.

Revenue still takes priority though. I would like to see the front of the Broomloan or Copland become the standing section in time if there's a chance to sell 4k tickets in that area for people wanting to stand but moving those in there at the moment could be a stumbling block. It's possible best in the Broomloan for that reason and we don't have away fans to content with in there now either.
I would like to think those behind the goals in BF3 would transfer to BF1 meaning the UB are now in the centre so that more folk will join in with singing etc. I couldn’t imagine it going in the Copland as folk would complain.

Wow I did not realise Man U spent that for a similar style/amount increase in their corners, that really is a sobering amount and does put things into perspective, 100% agree that whilst we play in the SPl we could only dream of spending that amount for a 10% increase in capacity.

Looks like it is going to be trying to get bits and bobs tacked on here and there for the forseeable.

Also agree that any large-ish increase or redevelopment in the future, ie corners filled in, new tier onto govan etc would need to be financed through naming rights and/or debenture style ticketing.
ive been in the new stand at anfield on about half a dozen times now,each time on the top tier, its absolutely massive ,with huge concourses, but for the outlay they have spent i would have to assume by far the largest part has been spent in the hospitality areas, they have 6 sets of escalators to rrach the top tier, but the walls are still plain concrete with some banners thrown over them ,and the flooring isnt that great either, this new stand has only provided 9000 more seats than they had previously, but the old main stand has been incorporated into the new structure and reconfigured to be the lower tier of the new stand,as i said earlier ,a big part of the money spent on this is in the restaurants and bars in the hospitality and has proved a massive success,the time it takes to pay for itself has been reduced by a few years now ,and i believe this is why they are going ahead with anfield road stand soon,as the new main stand will be paid off well before the original timescale, with regards the money it would cost us to build, we would not be looking to put in anywhere near the hospitality sections that the likes of liverpool have

I remember reading an Anfield article where one of the LFC people specifically mentioned the high revenue from hospitality that a new main stand would give them as a main cost implication. Not the number of standard seats.

Edit: and was also given as a reason they didn’t do the Anfield Rd stand at the same time - as the corporate hospitality opportunities there are significantly less than in their Main Stand and ‘standard seats’ don’t generate the same income. Sad but true.

Our support isn't even comparable to them. They struggle to get 30k for run of the mill SPL games and 15k for Domestic cup matches. Our fanbase is far bigger and far more loyal than they are, and as such we should really have a bigger stadium.

Aberdeen game went on public sale this morning and sold out out within 15 mins. Pretty sure we could have sold 60k+ for that one had capacity allowed.

The people saying we dont need to expand or we wouldnt fill it I just dont comprehend at all.

We have won nothing in 9 years yet we are still selling Ibrox out against the likes of hamilton, st mirren and ross county.

There are thousands of bears who cannot get a season ticket.

IF we had a 60k capacity(easier said than done I know)

We would easily sell another 5k in season tickets.

Of course we wouldnt sell out every game but if we sell say 50k in season tickets and then also have bears able to either get a walk up ticket to sit with a mate or son/daughter then even for the smaller games we will be selling towards 55k tickets.

For bigger games aginst sheep/hibs slightly more and then selling out for big european games/mentally challenged games etc.

I know an increase to 60k will not be happening anytime soon but the demand IS there.

If we can bolt on some extra seating to get to around 55k Ibrox will be full or close to full more often than not.

ive been in the new stand at anfield on about half a dozen times now,each time on the top tier, its absolutely massive ,with huge concourses, but for the outlay they have spent i would have to assume by far the largest part has been spent in the hospitality areas, they have 6 sets of escalators to rrach the top tier, but the walls are still plain concrete with some banners thrown over them ,and the flooring isnt that great either, this new stand has only provided 9000 more seats than they had previously, but the old main stand has been incorporated into the new structure and reconfigured to be the lower tier of the new stand,as i said earlier ,a big part of the money spent on this is in the restaurants and bars in the hospitality and has proved a massive success,the time it takes to pay for itself has been reduced by a few years now ,and i believe this is why they are going ahead with anfield road stand soon,as the new main stand will be paid off well before the original timescale, with regards the money it would cost us to build, we would not be looking to put in anywhere near the hospitality sections that the likes of liverpool have

Im actually heading down to the villa game at anfield in april so will have a look for myself mate.

Not surprised about your comments on the hospitality side of things as have had a look at all the different options/levels they can now offer, its on a different planet to what we have in scotland, spurs new stadium is exactly the same - hospitality options are where the £s are.

Should also have said all on site hospitality at anfield is sold out until next season.

Im actually heading down to the villa game at anfield in april so will have a look for myself mate.

Not surprised about your comments on the hospitality side of things as have had a look at all the different options/levels they can now offer, its on a different planet to what we have in scotland, spurs new stadium is exactly the same - hospitality options are where the £s are.

Should also have said all on site hospitality at anfield is sold out until next season.
im down for that game myself mate,easter weekend, got my ticket through the members sale, down this weekend for united but thats a kind gesture of a ticket from a friend of a friend down there

Aww ffs, i forgot they went on sale today

This needs to happen due the number of season ticket holders increasing every year. I’ve heard that the club only have between 700-900 tickets available for general sale. Will probably take the club/contractors a couple of years to draw up the plans because there is a lot of options available. Can’t see any movement on this for a few years though.

4500 new season ticket holder seats is 10% increase of our season ticket income which is currently at £15M.

Throw in euro sales and other cup games and you would be looking at an extra £2M per season. Even £10M cost to do it would be worth it if it's paying for itself in only 5 years.
I agree. But it's not that easy. Firstly, there are associated costs with season tickets, so that figure is closer to 1 million per season. Add to that the difficulty in obtaining finance. Who would loan us x amount when we as a business are losing 11 million per year? Then there would probably be lost income whilst the work is being carried out. I know we could afford this but the reality is we won't be spending big in the short term until we stem our losses.

I agree. But it's not that easy. Firstly, there are associated costs with season tickets, so that figure is closer to 1 million per season. Add to that the difficulty in obtaining finance. Who would loan us x amount when we as a business are losing 11 million per year? Then there would probably be lost income whilst the work is being carried out. I know we could afford this but the reality is we won't be spending big in the short term until we stem our losses.

I don't see how 5000 season ticket seats will cost the club almost £1M a season, it's not like the current 45k costs £9.5M.

An interesting read
I'm an engineer and have worked in large scale construction for over 30 years. I have also reviewed the Ibrox designs and other stadia design.

Only the upper tiers at Ibrox have structural steel for the seating. If you view construction photographs and the publication issued at the time you can see how the stands were built. The main issue with expansion of the upper tiers are the roof supports. Carrying out the type of expansions I have proposed will allow expansion in the short term without touching these upper tiers.

The most difficult obstacle to overcome would be the Govan roof goal post support truss, it's huge. It would require massive supports ala Dortmund or replacement of the roof itself with a cantilever type to enable the corners to be fully filled in. This would only make sense if an extra tier was built along with additional facilities, this would be expensive. Liverpools main stand redelopement cost over £100 million.

The other "new" two stands could have their roof truss's supported at a lesser cost but this alone would mean only partial corner filling to be done.

The gaps at the main stand only really have a vertical box configuration available to fill in these spaces but could be integrated with the existing staircase and structure. This, I would suggest could be utilised for corporate and those with disabilities. The opening to the pitch from outside can still be incorporated via a tunnel.
[/QUOTE
An interesting read there thanks.

However what I’ve always wondered about the corners is why can’t they be filled in with 2 separate stand alone constructions from either the Govan or the Copland/ Broomloan stands? There used to be just grass mounds there in the past can’t those current corner constructions be demolished and then new corner ones built without the screens?

An interesting read
I have always thought the same. I am an engineer too but not a structural engineer, and this has always frustrated. I think the screen corners could have seats and if the structure can support such large screens then surely a limited amount of seats could be added

I don't see how 5000 season ticket seats will cost the club almost £1M a season, it's not like the current 45k costs £9.5M.
The average ST gross profit is around £300 i think. If you deduct Tax, cost of administering the seats etc we are looking at around 1.5 million per season absolutemax, probably less. Add to that the finance costs, lost revenues etc, it's just not feasible at this time. We need success, cl qualification on a regular basis, big profit on player sales and a far better sponsorship and kit deal before we can do this.

The average ST gross profit is around £300 i think. If you deduct Tax, cost of administering the seats etc we are looking at around 1.5 million per season absolutemax, probably less. Add to that the finance costs, lost revenues etc, it's just not feasible at this time. We need success, cl qualification on a regular basis, big profit on player sales and a far better sponsorship and kit deal before we can do this.

Should we not wait on the feasibility study the club have asked architects/engineers to undertake before deciding if its errrrm feasible?

:cool:

Should we not wait on the feasibility study the club have asked architects/engineers to undertake before deciding if its errrrm feasible?

:cool:
Yes, but Robertson has stated that it would be low 1000s. I'm only going on what he says. Anything is 'feasible' in terms of the possibilities. In terms of Finance - not so much. My opinion is that we'll get 5000k absolute max, probably with a lower of the pitch , seats at the back of the Govan and maybe a balcony where the tvs are.

Slight tangent and not sure how accurate or up to date this is but gives pitch dimensions of scottish clubs.

According to this our pitch is 115x78(yards) whereas the mentally challengeds sty is 105x68 - always thought their pitch looks bigger than ours.

Theirs is measured in meters and ours in yards on that link. Both of our pitches are exactly the same size.

IMO we need to maintain as big a pitch as possible for on field purposes. Don't know exactly what's being looked at with this capacity increase, but if it includes making the pitch smaller we have to forget it.

Need to take every advantage we can get when the smaller teams come to Ibrox and park the bus. If we decrease the pitch size it's playing right into their hands. Who knows how many points it will end up costing us over a 10 year spell.

Yes, but Robertson has stated that it would be low 1000s. I'm only going on what he says. Anything is 'feasible' in terms of the possibilities. In terms of Finance - not so much. My opinion is that we'll get 5000k absolute max, probably with a lower of the pitch , seats at the back of the Govan and maybe a balcony where the tvs are.

I agree 5k max.

But if it’s feasible and affordable then we should loom at every possibility to do it, the more bears we can get into Ibrox able to watch our team the better.

Long time lurker on FollowFollow.

Id like to add my views on the stadium expansion. Id personally like to keep the pitch the same level as it is, if necessary, drop it by 1 meter, this will give enough for 2 rows, and add 1,500 to the capacity. This can be done whilst the team still play in the stadium, like what Man City did in the Ethiad when they expanded it a few years back. It will take a season to do, and the cost is only £5m or so. BUT this depends on the water table and the Clyde.

As for the removal of the TV screens, this is the long term goal. This would give 5,000 per corner in my opinion. Id like to remove the roof off of the 3 sides of the stadium and make them all the same cantilever style as above, however make the roof with screens above them, large enough for VAR decisions on them. The removal of the roof can be done whilst the team play in the stadium, this whole project would take 2 years. Whilst i was at it, id look at a study for the expansion of The Argyle Suite to wrap around the whole stadium at the level it presently is at, if it cannot be done, leave The Argyle Suite the same, but try and include them in the corners only, but make them multi purpose where they can be made into a TV studio. Reason for the multi purpose element, we need to get the stadium into being used for a Europa League or Champions League Final.

The one other thing id look at is a remote entry for the away section, where there is a series of tunnels, leading to where they come in from their away bus parking. This would significantly make the policing easier and more simple. This would be a selling point to the planners. Id also like to demolish the Edmonton Suite at the rear of the Copland Road and replace that place with a new Rangers store and a ticket office. It would also be the start, or possibly end of the Ibrox Stadium Tour accessible via another tunnel.

As for finances, in todays market, id set aside £75m, maybe even £80m, it could even cost a eye watering £100m if someone was milking it somewhere. As for the business model, we need to look at a new business model, cap season tickets at 55,000, of a total capacity of maybe 62,000. If season ticket prices where an average of £450 per season for that figure, it would be just short £25m, and with the 7,000 tickets available for each league game, you would get another maybe £3m for that. Include a European campaign, that's a easy £10m in ticket sales. If we paid the debt of that off over 10 years, say £8m a year, it could be achievable to pay it off in that time. We wouldn't want naming rights, as Liverpool didn't take naming rights, they just got successful and paid their £85m main stand expansion off in 3 years in Premier League terms. And we wouldn't have to move out of Ibrox, if we could get a reversal of fixtures from the SPFL until the September international break on the completion of the stadium.

The problems would be egress to the stadium, as the Subway wouldn't cope, we would need a Ibrox Rail Station. This would be a hard sell to Network Rail, but id offer to pay towards this development, for a basic station this would cost £3.6m on 2016 figures. Today, this would be maybe another £6m cost, and if we went half on this, it may help. Also the purchase of 4-5 properties would stand in my plans, this would be a significant cost. Also the lack of a proper fan area wouldn't be great.

Ive always dreamt that if i had the money, and i mean Elon Musk levels of cash, id buy the bloody club and get our ship in order, and do a £550m expansion and modernisation of the stadium, whilst giving Steven a health wedge of cash to stay competitive on the park.

I have optimism that what ever way is chosen, getting even 54,000 into the stadium will help.

Id like to add my views on the stadium expansion. Id personally like to keep the pitch the same level as it is, if necessary, drop it by 1 meter, this will give enough for 2 rows, and add 1,500 to the capacity. This can be done whilst the team still play in the stadium, like what Man City did in the Ethiad when they expanded it a few years back. It will take a season to do, and the cost is only £5m or so. BUT this depends on the water table and the Clyde.

As for the removal of the TV screens, this is the long term goal. This would give 5,000 per corner in my opinion. Id like to remove the roof off of the 3 sides of the stadium and make them all the same cantilever style as above, however make the roof with screens above them, large enough for VAR decisions on them. The removal of the roof can be done whilst the team play in the stadium, this whole project would take 2 years. Whilst i was at it, id look at a study for the expansion of The Argyle Suite to wrap around the whole stadium at the level it presently is at, if it cannot be done, leave The Argyle Suite the same, but try and include them in the corners only, but make them multi purpose where they can be made into a TV studio. Reason for the multi purpose element, we need to get the stadium into being used for a Europa League or Champions League Final.

The one other thing id look at is a remote entry for the away section, where there is a series of tunnels, leading to where they come in from their away bus parking. This would significantly make the policing easier and more simple. This would be a selling point to the planners. Id also like to demolish the Edmonton Suite at the rear of the Copland Road and replace that place with a new Rangers store and a ticket office. It would also be the start, or possibly end of the Ibrox Stadium Tour accessible via another tunnel.

As for finances, in todays market, id set aside £75m, maybe even £80m, it could even cost a eye watering £100m if someone was milking it somewhere. As for the business model, we need to look at a new business model, cap season tickets at 55,000, of a total capacity of maybe 62,000. If season ticket prices where an average of £450 per season for that figure, it would be just short £25m, and with the 7,000 tickets available for each league game, you would get another maybe £3m for that. Include a European campaign, that's a easy £10m in ticket sales. If we paid the debt of that off over 10 years, say £8m a year, it could be achievable to pay it off in that time. We wouldn't want naming rights, as Liverpool didn't take naming rights, they just got successful and paid their £85m main stand expansion off in 3 years in Premier League terms. And we wouldn't have to move out of Ibrox, if we could get a reversal of fixtures from the SPFL until the September international break on the completion of the stadium.

The problems would be egress to the stadium, as the Subway wouldn't cope, we would need a Ibrox Rail Station. This would be a hard sell to Network Rail, but id offer to pay towards this development, for a basic station this would cost £3.6m on 2016 figures. Today, this would be maybe another £6m cost, and if we went half on this, it may help. Also the purchase of 4-5 properties would stand in my plans, this would be a significant cost. Also the lack of a proper fan area wouldn't be great.

Ive always dreamt that if i had the money, and i mean Elon Musk levels of cash, id buy the bloody club and get our ship in order, and do a £550m expansion and modernisation of the stadium, whilst giving Steven a health wedge of cash to stay competitive on the park.

I have optimism that what ever way is chosen, getting even 54,000 into the stadium will help.
It’s good to dream eh mate haha

Ooft:)):)):))

If only your name started with Sheik

It's very much "how long is a bit of string?"

Man U added 7500 to their capacity by filling in the upper corners of the stand opposite their camera so similar to what we'd look at doing and it was somewhere between £50m and £75m 10 years ago.

I don't know the complete ins and outs of that particular project but given it's similar in terms of what it achieved, it's going to up there around those kind of silly figures. As a soon as we're above £20m and costs which aren't going to be paid back within a 5-10 year period, I just don't see it being an option.

We were £14m for 7500 seats in the CD in 1990. It today's money that's about £40m and we have to bear in mind that for those 7500 additional seats, we only added about 4500 - 5000 to the capacity as the Main Stand lost a load given Murray's architects failings on that project. That was also for works that solely concentrated on one stand. We have to deal with the end stands during any of these works.

There was a discussion on the thread about Edmiston House about it all. We had people telling us on that thread you could add 10k to the Copland! Lol. The entire stand as it is holds 8000. The back row would be in Livingston.

You look at Liverpool's recent Main Stand works and it was £100m for that. They added 8500 to their capacity. Again, the argument back on that thread from a certain poster was "you don't need to spend EPL money" but unfortunately building works don't trickle down cost wise as EPL payments do compared to SPL levels.

Also on the Liverpool element of things, they don't have the integration to the end stands as we're trying to achieve.

upload pic

They did knock down their existing lower tiers to start again which obviously had massive costs but what we have to do with the corner roofs and any works coming round the corner greatly increase our potential spend.

You have to consider lost revenue when the works are ongoing. Do we relocate to Hampden or tell 10k people in the Govan they can't have their ST for a year?

The lower section under the screen currently holds 800 or so seats. You'd get approximately three times that in the upper area. Consider it like a piece of Dairylea cheese. You've got one wedge in the lower section, you'd have three in the top sections at either end of the ground so roughly 2400 x 2

It just can't see it happening while we operate under current spending levels.
You still smarting about that? Again, Dortmund (on whom our current ground is based,) increased the stand behind the goals from 12000 to 25000.

If the club can increase capacity by 6000 with minimal disruption and cost it’ll be a moot point anyway. As long as we get it somehow. That’s the main thing.
ps Did you draw your idea out in MS paint?

Last edited:
You still smarting about that? Again, Dortmund (on whom our current ground is based,) increased the stand behind the goals from 12000 to 25000.

If the club can increase capacity by 6000 with minimal disruption and cost it’ll be a moot point anyway. As long as we get it somehow. That’s the main thing.

The link with Dortmund was the 4 separate stands not sure if there are any design/structural similarities but the picture doesn’t appear to show the same steelwork design for the roof

I like the sentiment, but you are looking at well over £100m for those additions. 13,000 more seats, a new roof covering three stands, a club store, ticket office, and tunnels leading to the away section from buses. How did you work out getting all that for cheaper than Liverpool adding 8,500 seats?

The link with Dortmund was the 4 separate stands not sure if there are any design/structural similarities but the picture doesn’t appear to show the same steelwork design for the roof
That's an earlier phase of the Westfalenstadion

If you look at the below you can see the two older stands with 2 newer ones which have the goalposts similar to ours and the stadium prior to the expansion in the early 2000's

If you look closely at the stadium as it is just now the top cross bars and roofs appear to be still in place but are now supported by the large yellow cantilevers with the old vertical supports removed. Corners filled in along with their own roofs.

Some more pics of before, after and during expansion just for some context.

Not smarting. Amused at your lack of knowledge on the matter as you keep banging on.

But aye, you're right and everyone else on here is wrong.

As far your last comment there, no. I think that marks you out as a bit of a prick and I'd love to see you do something close to it.

Last edited:
The safe standing in Germany is something we can't replicate here as the rules are different.

We cant get 25k behind the goals.

Theres 8k in the Copland just now. Making it 25k is impossible.

Think about the size of a stand 2.5 - 3 times what it is just now. It just doesnt work.

Last edited:

Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

Interesting fact about Liverpool from the Price of Football podcast. They limit season ticket sales to 25,000.

This allows them to service day tripper, international tourists etc who, if they do only one visit to Anfield that year, will also supplement the trip by spending a few hundred quid in the megastore.

Tourists spend the money every week on merch, those that go every week don't.

An interesting approach. Obviously we don't have the same kind of tourist market here (and let's not even talk about our megastore) but it's an interesting strategy based around maximising matchday spend for the benefit of the club.
You can perhaps take that season ticket gamble if you’ve got the global demand for your product. There would be a danger that you have a poor season and then the last third of the home games you struggle to sell the extra tickets, or generally struggle to sell for the winter midweek games.

That's an earlier phase of the Westfalenstadion

If you look at the below you can see the two older stands with 2 newer ones which have the goalposts similar to ours and the stadium prior to the expansion in the early 2000's

If you look closely at the stadium as it is just now the top cross bars and roofs appear to be still in place but are now supported by the large yellow cantilevers with the old vertical supports removed. Corners filled in along with their own roofs.

Some more pics of before, after and during expansion just for some context.

Cheers just googled that for a wee look, did notice that the estimated costings for the project were €200 million.
It isn’t happening.

Not smarting. Amused at your lack of knowledge on the matter as you keep banging on.

But aye, you're right and everyone else on here is wrong.

As far your last comment there, no. I think that marks you out as a bit of a prick and I'd love to see you do something close to it.
I stopped banging on a while back as all I was doing was making fan suggestions, on a football fan forum of all places.
It was you who invoked the smugness card and holier than though attitude because of your apparent engineering background. You can’t help yourself. That’s why I couldn’t resist throwing another line.

A 3D design without any actual engineering behind it is pointless. A bit like the megabrox picture or mincraft Ibrox. You should have based your design on Dortmund’s as I suggested for the Copland end, which has already been done and saved yourself the bother. As for the personal insults, will meet you at the Louden any time to go over your stunning plans.

Last edited:
But this isn’t a stadium build. It’s a dig down and extend. The reason we are looking into it is it’s potentially a cheap option!
I know but have you ever seen building projects in this country? All the different types and amount of people involved, consultants fees, material costs, and that’s before you get to the guaranteed overruns...

I stopped banging on a while back as all I was doing was making fan suggestions, on a football fan forum of all places.
It was you who invoked the smugness card and holier than though attitude because of your apparent engineering background. You can’t help yourself. That’s why I couldn’t resist throwing another line.

A 3D design without any actual engineering behind it is pointless. A bit like the megabrox picture or mincraft Ibrox. You should have based your design on Dortmund’s as I suggested for the Copland end, which has already been done and saved yourself the bother. As for the personal insults, will meet you at the Louden any time to go over your stunning plans.

I'm not being smug. I simply pointed out why the Dortmund model can't happen. We can't do standing the way they do it and to get a 25k stand behind the goals based on what we have can't happen. Their end stand was done in among a rake of other upgrades and totally changed their stadium from what Ibrox borrowed it's 79-81 development ideas from. As someone else said, what was copied was the idea of separate stands. The similarities pretty much mnd there.

"I" shouldn't have based anything on Dortmund as it can't happen but we've been over that and others have said the same.

It's simply a representation of how the works could be done at Ibrox and it's a better way to do it based on site lines, value of seats and what is at Ibrox already. Nothing more or less.

I've got hee haw interest in having a pint you.

I'm not being smug. I simply pointed out why the Dortmund model can't happen. We can't do standing the way they do it and to get a 25k stand behind the goals based on what we have can't happen. Their end stand was done in among a rake of other upgrades and totally changed their stadium from what Ibrox borrowed it's 79-81 development ideas from. As someone else said, what was copied was the idea of separate stands. The similarities pretty much mnd there.

"I" shouldn't have based anything on Dortmund as it can't happen but we've been over that and others have said the same.

It's simply a representation of how the works could be done at Ibrox and it's a better way to do it based on site lines, value of seats and what is at Ibrox already. Nothing more or less.

I've got hee haw interest in having a pint you.
I dont think it was a pint he was offering. :))

Well listening to him talk shite about stadium plans without a drink sounds even less appealing.
Thought so.

I can imagine your conversation is riveting as well.

With all your gum bumping about engineering on every stadium thread, that drawing you’ve spent hours on is no more than a pretty picture. I’ll try to get my neice to draw one up in crayon for your expert comment. Pity, as you could save the club millions on design fees if you could get on the works computer at lunch again.

As I said on this thread Ill be happy if the club get the extra 6000 seats at low cost with minimum disruption (not your 25000 extreme?) You are the one who brought up a month old exchange from the Edmiston thread, before this stadium announcement from the club.

I look forward to your comment when the actual works are proposed.

Back