Lonely Bill Leckie once again attacks Morelos

Insignificant rangers hating piss poor hack who is employed by a left wing rag
The Sun? A left wing rag?
Are you serious?
It's owned by Rupert Murdoch. Google him and pop back if you still think that the Sun owner would allow his publication to even stray slightly left of centre.
You're mistaken there, bear.

So where was Leckie's column condeming Ryan Porteous for not one, not two, not three but FOUR assaults on our players in the past 12 months including two where he went in to deliberately hurt his opponent ?

Or the numerous other wild challenges that Porteous has put in ?

You seriously telling me that Alfie is out on his own as some sort of wild man of Scottish Football ?

Tell me what he does that is so different from others in this league and why he should be treated differently ?
Are you telling me he never wrote articles on Porteous because he was white? I would have thought the most logical reason was that nobody cares to read about Ryan Porteous?

Alfie has definitely been targeted by refs but my point was he gives them ammo times. I don’t think theres any denying that.

The Sun? A left wing rag?
Are you serious?
It's owned by Rupert Murdoch. Google him and pop back if you still think that the Sun owner would allow his publication to even stray slightly left of centre.
You're mistaken there, bear.

Aye very left wing

yxb14u8g71441.jpg

Are you telling me he never wrote articles on Porteous because he was white? I would have thought the most logical reason was that nobody cares to read about Ryan Porteous?

Alfie has definitely been targeted by refs but my point was he gives them ammo times. I don’t think theres any denying that.
He gives them ammo at times?
Do you actually watch Scottish football, if so do you just ignore the litany of incidents far more worthy of yellow and red cards that get completely ignored by officials and media alike.
Another fecking apologist.

It is naive.
Ryan Jack was sent off 4 times in his first 20 games for Rangers.
Yet Leckie didn't offer up anything like this.

So it can't just be because Alfie plays for Rangers.
If it was, then Jack would have had similar written about him.

So what is it that makes Morelos so different?
Morelos is the best and most talked about footballer in Scotland. 28 goals in the first half of the season. Leading us in a title challenge. Prone to a moment of stupidity now and again on the park.

Jack was a bit part player in a Pedro Caxinha side that was bumbling along trying to finish second in the league.

Can you see the difference now?

He gives them ammo at times?
Do you actually watch Scottish football, if so do you just ignore the litany of incidents far more worthy of yellow and red cards that get completely ignored by officials and media alike.
Another fecking apologist.
I have said Morelos gets treated more harshly by refs but just because he gets treated harsh doesn’t mean he doesn’t do stupid things.

The first yellow against Celtic is a prime example as it was never a yellow in my books but it was a needless off the ball foul. No need to do it was there? Also no need to dive when through on goal was there? So yes he gives them ammo.

Morelos is the best and most talked about footballer in Scotland. 28 goals in the first half of the season. Leading us in a title challenge. Prone to a moment of stupidity now and again on the park.

Jack was a bit part player in a Pedro Caxinha side that was bumbling along trying to finish second in the league.

Can you see the difference now?
You think that is the only difference?
Take the day off, bear.

They have tried to contain Alfie’s talent and transfer value in a convenient wee tartan box with words like waster, screwball, diver and cheat (and that’s just the good stuff.) Alfie is now being talked about by all and sundry outwith Scotland, despite the media and officials best efforts. Watch the red card calls, player cam slow mo’s and compliance officer ramp up after every away game as that strategy worked for them last season.

Contrast what can be done with a positive press outlook like Tierneys, where a reputation and transfer value was completely created by the Scottish media, Shining (seemingly,) for a few years against utter dross in the SPL while we were in the doldrums, he is now being found out as an average joe. Eduard, Christie and Ajer are currently on this transfer value offensive, last season it was McGregor, before that Armstrong, thumb and Rogic. It’s blatant.

They are getting desperate and throwing everything out there as they know Alfie can fire us to 55 and end the fake 10 in a row. A Scottish record transfer fee in the summer will also end all moon howling of the fabled admin 2. It will be beautiful.

I have said Morelos gets treated more harshly by refs but just because he gets treated harsh doesn’t mean he doesn’t do stupid things.

The first yellow against Celtic is a prime example as it was never a yellow in my books but it was a needless off the ball foul. No need to do it was there? Also no need to dive when through on goal was there? So yes he gives them ammo.
Whilst you casually omit the red cards the yahoo's should have had in the game.

Know a man by the company he keeps, Leckie has said nothing about the biggest scandal in Scottish football, the organised child abuse at the Scumdome. Can only assume from that that he thinks there is nothing wrong with interfering with children?

So he gets treated more harshly, but as a result of that he is just meant to accept it and not let that perhaps contribute to him boiling over on occasion?

Do you think it is acceptable that he is refereed to a different standard than other players?

This is the reply my brother just got from.his complaint...

Dear Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. Like any sports columnist, Bill Leckie is passionate about the game and has a deep understanding of it.

In his column he was simply responding to stories last week in which Steven Gerrard claimed people were trying to ‘kill’ Alfredo Morelos’ career at Rangers. Bill was making the point that, in his opinion, Mr Morelos is his own worst enemy. It wasn’t an attack on the player, simply criticism of his recent behaviour and disciplinary record.

He made the point that these incidents inevitably cause issues with opposing fans, and argued that only Morelos can be the master of his own destiny. Bill went on to highlight the work done by Mr Gerrard and said that, together, they can solve the problem.

As an opinion column, it is inevitable that not everyone will agree with Bill’s views. Mr Alfredo has had a great deal of praise from our writers and columnists for his goal-scoring abilities and the crucial role he has played for Rangers this season. We have always aimed to provide a range of viewpoints, and will continue to do so.

Best wishes, Robyn

Robyn Kelly Assistant Managing Editor The Sun 0207 782 6834

Last edited:

Dear Craig,

Thank you for taking the time to get in touch. Like any sports columnist, Bill Leckie is passionate about the game and has a deep understanding of it.

In his column he was simply responding to stories last week in which Steven Gerrard claimed people were trying to ‘kill’ Alfredo Morelos’ career at Rangers. Bill was making the point that, in his opinion, Mr Morelos is his own worst enemy. It wasn’t an attack on the player, simply criticism of his recent behaviour and disciplinary record.

He made the point that these incidents inevitably cause issues with opposing fans, and argued that only Morelos can be the master of his own destiny. Bill went on to highlight the work done by Mr Gerrard and said that, together, they can solve the problem.

As an opinion column, it is inevitable that not everyone will agree with Bill’s views. Mr Alfredo has had a great deal of praise from our writers and columnists for his goal-scoring abilities and the crucial role he has played for Rangers this season. We have always aimed to provide a range of viewpoints, and will continue to do so.

Best wishes, Robyn Robyn Kelly Assistant Managing Editor The Sun 0207 782 6834

MR ALFREDO.???

It ‘wasn’t an attack on the player’? Calling him a waster, a cheat, a whiner and a diver, with a ‘bitch face’. Sure sounds like an attack to me.
Yes according to Robyn Robyn Kelly :eek: all those words were either a figment of our imagination or they mean something entirely different to this goon.

Dear Craig,

Best wishes, Robyn Robyn Kelly Assistant Managing Editor The Sun 0207 782 6834

That’s almost as insulting as the original article.

I've resigned myself to the fact that the board will do nothing about this. Utterly spineless when it comes to defending the players/fans.

I wouldn’t expect anything from Stewart Robertson that could in any way be misconstrued as confront or aggressive.

Dignified silence will cost us more trophies going forward.

I wouldn’t expect anything from Stewart Robertson that could in any way be misconstrued as confront or aggressive.

Dignified silence will cost us more trophies going forward.
I don’t think dignified silence can really be an accusation aimed at our current board in general.

This incident,yes but not overall.

Last edited:
I don’t think dignified silence can really be an accusation aimed at our current in general.

I do.

Robertson’s VAR snippet was shíte.

In December Rangers were cheated from pillar to post, cost us a trophy and top place in the league, The MD’s quoteswere písh poor, he didn’t even call Clancy out.

I don’t think dignified silence can really be an accusation aimed at our current in general.

Really, remind us of all the times he’s fought the club’s corner with regards to the numerous attacks on both club and supporters.

Really, remind us of all the times he’s fought the club’s corner with regards to the numerous attacks on both club and supporters.
Off the top of my head I recall the board speaking out after the Hibs cup final,highlighting the conflict of interest at the SPFL with MacLennan,FARE,Lawwell trying to get the EBT case against the club up and running again,BBC Scotland,the crush at Rugby park,Hibs cutting the ticket allocation,defending Morelos after the last Old Firm game,getting Spiers sacked for lying,the SNP councillors stopping the fanzone.

I wouldn’t quite call that dignified silence..

I have just spoke to her on the phone and asked her who Mr Alfredo was ,to which she replied that it was just an error and she meant Morelos .When I said that it once again carried racist undertones and they should treat Alfie with more respect she said Bye quickly and put the phone down on me

I don't think he insinuates he does not belong here as in Scotland but that his behaviour does not belong on a football park which he has a point.

In my opinion he has an over the top go at Alfie for his diving and petulance on the park. He also gets a few things wrong like when he says it does not look like Alfie enjoys playing football which is BS if you have ever seen him score, which he does a lot!

Also lumping him in with Suarez is again trying to portray him in a worse light by comparing him to someone done for racism as well as biting opponents.

All in all it is an incredibly biased piece of trash journalism but I don't see it as racist.

Aye. Right.

I don't think he insinuates he does not belong here as in Scotland but that his behaviour does not belong on a football park which he has a point.

In my opinion he has an over the top go at Alfie for his diving and petulance on the park. He also gets a few things wrong like when he says it does not look like Alfie enjoys playing football which is BS if you have ever seen him score, which he does a lot!

Also lumping him in with Suarez is again trying to portray him in a worse light by comparing him to someone done for racism as well as biting opponents.

All in all it is an incredibly biased piece of trash journalism but I don't see it as racist.

Yet when someone says popcorn teeth brings it on himself, as Leckie has about Morelos, it’s deemed as being racist?

Googled Leckie/Mckay
And a wee quote from Leckie sticking up for McKay

It’s the easiest thing in the world to cherry-pick one blot in a man’s entire life and decide that it marks him forever.

Me? I’d rather give him a chance to explain how he feels about his own mistakes, what he’s learned from them and how he plans to make amends.

Pity he doesn't think the same about one of our own.

Back