That lot make their first move in the transfer market

The polish expert on Clyde one said he’s distinctly average and Nuremberg Hugh is furious.
To be fair I took it as Hugh mocking the signing and saying it wasn't worth he £3.5m, which I'm sure we would all agree with.

The guys review was hilarious. If it's true that he was garbage and has only just turned it on for half a season in the top then that sounds like Bayo mk 2 - except Bayo had a better record

The polish expert on Clyde one said he’s distinctly average and Nuremberg Hugh is furious.

I heard that!

I think he said the guy was awful for months at the beginning of last year and then hit a short spell of good form but it wasn't long enough for him to fully judge him. He sounds like an absolute arsehole too with a huge ego.

Arrogance and complacency. Something the mentally challengeds have been guilty of. They haven't been able to grasp how we could catch up with them on the playing field. Thats why they constantly look for excuses.

It is undoubtedly arrogant and complacent to ignore what your rivals are doing. "It's all about the Rangers" must be one of the most tiresome phrases that keeps getting trotted out. This race is still going to be mighty close - some people seem to act like we'll stroll it now - and it would be remiss not keep an eye on what that lot are up to.
You could be called a tim on here for saying you don't think we will win the league this year. It's the same guys who are probably the most raging/not level headed if it doesnt go our way.

To be fair I took it as Hugh mocking the signing and saying it wasn't worth he £3.5m, which I'm sure we would all agree with.

The guys review was hilarious. If it's true that he was garbage and has only just turned it on for half a season in the top then that sounds like Bayo mk 2 - except Bayo had a better record
The guy has played 19 top level games in his whole career and they want him to replace griffiths haha

Aye, the boy defo wasn't on message. Spew gave him him a few chances to pander to them but the boy more or less said it is what it is. He mite come good but hasn't really done it before apart from a wee spell in the spring of last year.

Ha ha the Polish experts interview was hilarious, will get it up once the link is out later
Heard it, Hugh Kevin’s then says if he was in an office with him he’d be calling the deal off going by what he was telling him

or something along those lines

was fantastic

Just said on Twitter, I genuinely didn’t think their answer to us beating them would be to tool up with players from mid table sides in Poland and Israel.

They have so many players either injured or contributing nothing yet they are demanding even more signings even though they are convinced they have better players in every position, that in itself is delusion of the highest order.

As many have said i don't care what they do or who they sign, we have this every January with them an the next wonderkid being signed and the vast majority of the time they are pish.

If they sign 2 top midfielders then i might take notice
I don’t think that they know what to do as they seem more interested in trying to engineer the next big transfer fee in order to balance the books, pay director’s bonuses and keep the shareholders happy.

We, on the other hand, have a tunnel vision for 55 and going as far as we can in Europe.

Judging a player by where they come from is really not a smart move.

Katic, Barisic, Tavernier, Kamara, Jack, Aribo...
Maybe. I'd certainly give you Katic, and Morelos, but Jack and Kamara we'd seen first hand in our own league. And Tavernier and Aribo had plenty Championship experience that many would have seen a good bit of.
There's no guarantee these guys will be hopeless, but its certainly a risk and not exactly a cheap one.

The Dudu Dahan link with Lawwell and Lennon certainly has a lot to do with some of their deals.

Don’t care about them over paying for “prospects”. What I would be concerned about is them paying for a top quality recognised player who would go straight into their team.

They are basically just going for quantity over quality - that’s fine by me.

I’ve spoke to a Polish guy I know who supports Legia and he’s told me that he’s a good player with lots of potential, always seems to find the back of the net.

I wish folk wouldn’t start with this “he’s shite as he’s in the second tier of Polish football”. We don’t know how he will be.
Must be the big net behind the goal he always seems to find then.
He's hardly prolific hitting the one in the goal.

Judging a player by where they come from is really not a smart move.

Katic, Barisic, Tavernier, Kamara, Jack, Aribo...

I'm not, I just didn't think this would be their strategy this January, young inexperienced players being brought in when the pressure is going to be crazy the next few months.

They have built this '10' up so much, it absolutely consumes their fanbase, they were baying for blood after 6 minutes at Parkhead on the 29th, I just thought they'd go for more established players.

Maybe. I'd certainly give you Katic, and Morelos, but Jack and Kamara we'd seen first hand in our own league. And Tavernier and Aribo had plenty Championship experience that many would have seen a good bit of.
There's no guarantee these guys will be hopeless, but its certainly a risk and not exactly a cheap one.

The Dudu Dahan link with Lawwell and Lennon certainly has a lot to do with some of their deals.

Bar Kamara they all took time to settle, even Aribo is still finding his feet.

My point wasn't that these players are guaranteed duds, I don't know anything about them, more that they are young inexperienced players and we're in the middle of a tight mega pressured title race so its a risky route to take.

I'm not, I just didn't think this would be their strategy this January, young inexperienced players being brought in when the pressure is going to be crazy the next few months.

They have built this '10' up so much, it absolutely consumes their fanbase, they were baying for blood after 6 minutes at Parkhead on the 29th, I just thought they'd go for more established players.

Its terrifying how much they are screaming for 10 when they hadn't even secured 9.

I was too young to know at the time, but were our fans anywhere near this desperate when we got 9?

We brought in 2 seasoned pros las January and it took them 4-6 weeks to bed in.

Some 21 yo from the middle of the Polish league ? Lol.

Its terrifying how much they are screaming for 10 when they hadn't even secured 9.

I was too young to know at the time, but were our fans anywhere near this desperate when we got 9?
Sometimes we chanted:

8 will be great
9 will be fine
But it's gonna be 10 in a row

But it wasn't all consuming by any stretch of the imagination

Sometimes we chanted:

8 will be great
9 will be fine
But it's gonna be 10 in a row

But it wasn't all consuming by any stretch of the imagination
I tend to disagree. For me 9 was the number to get to, but I remember players on the pitch at Ibrox singing about 9 in a row, one more to go. It was all consuming, and it was fair enough.

Let’s not rewrite history here; 10 was consuming and rightly so!

Failure shouldn’t mean we down play it. We fucked up. But, it meant the everything to us at the time.

Bar Kamara they all took time to settle, even Aribo is still finding his feet.

My point wasn't that these players are guaranteed duds, I don't know anything about them, more that they are young inexperienced players and we're in the middle of a tight mega pressured title race so its a risky route to take.
Precisely. Neither of their latest will or can hit the ground running in a title race. The chances of them being able to are massively stacked against them.

Watched a video of that soro. Looks decent albeit YouTube. Ridiculously one footed though
More or less everyone looks decent on their youtube reel, we will have to wait and see how they do but like others I was fearing more a Wanyama type signing who if fit would make a huge difference for them.

Also do we really see Brown or McGregor being dropped from that midfield 2 ? not a chance but they may drop the 10 and play another midfielder.

I was on my way to pick my daughter up from her dance class when the polish football reporter come on and just basically said this guy, just now is bang average, he has a lot of pace but if you are coming up against a 10 man defense then his pace is of no use. Basically only played 14 games and other than a wee spell last spring he has not exactly been great or set the world on fire.

Spew was absolutely gutted, clearly the guy has not read his emails or listened to his voicemails from Clyde requesting that he compare him to Lewandowski and how he will take Scottish Football by storm with his blistering pace. Plus mention his huge potential sell on value to Southampton.

Back