The Clubs silence on the Alfredo article

Gazza no8

Official Ticketer
It isn’t sitting right with me or many Rangers fans. The major fan media groups , heart n hand , 4lads etc have all called for the Scottish sun to be banned from Ibrox.

The clubs duty is to protect our players , our fans and the club as a whole. Club 1872 sent out a very good statement yesterday. The club so far have failed in this capacity.

This silence is nowhere near good enough and gives any media outlet the go ahead to do the same.

Ban the Scottish Sun NOW

Give the club a chance, the management team were just getting back home yesterday. The Board will likely want to discuss it with them first.
Don't understand this train of thought.

As mentioned independent organisations had the ability to put something out without consulting anyone. What other possible outcome could come from discussing with players and management, would the club be talked into thinking it's not so bad?

Absolutely disgusting we have not already come out and banned the Sun until that guy is gone at the very least.

Defo bam Leckie and Hannah indefinitely

The Sun should also be banned until the end of the year as a minimum and tell them if they continue to target our players the ban will remain and they will have no access to Ibrox or HTC

Actions rather than statements are required.
How can a short sharp....."you're banned" be poorly worded?
Because the press in this backwater have a hard on for us, and I imagine the board don't want to be seen as petty. And for all we know Rangers have contacted them in regard to converse man.

It isn’t sitting right with me or many Rangers fans. The major fan media groups , heart n hand , 4lads etc have all called for the Scottish sun to be banned from Ibrox.

The clubs duty is to protect our players , our fans and the club as a whole. Club 1872 sent out a very good statement yesterday. The club so far have failed in this capacity.

This silence is nowhere near good enough and gives any media outlet the go ahead to do the same.

Ban the Scottish Sun NOW
I’m usually reluctant to call for statements, but this absolutely needs one. Blatant and unprovoked xenophobic article from the paper that coined “#RespectOurPlayers”.

Call it the f**k out, Rangers.

Give the club a chance, the management team were just getting back home yesterday. The Board will likely want to discuss it with them first.
These days you don’t have to communicate by telegraph, a conference face time call would have been fine.

what is your problem with the club? don’t think I’ve ever seen anything positive from you but every opportunity to have a dig.
You are happy with how our club handle the media onslaught on our club? Aye ok then.

Because the press in this backwater have a hard on for us, and I imagine the board don't want to be seen as petty. And for all we know Rangers have contacted them in regard to converse man.
Petty!!
I don't think banning that particular excuse for a newspaper could, in any way, be described as petty.
Furthermore, there is absolutely no need to converse with these people.

Petty!!
I don't think banning that particular excuse for a newspaper could, in any way, be described as petty.
Furthermore, there is absolutely no need to converse with these people.
It's not! But that's the narrative that would be set, and I saw what you did there.

I'm not usually one to complain, but I asked on the other thread as to whether there was a best email address to contact. The club have to know the strength of feeling on this, if they don't already.

A ban should be issued to the Sun and a demand for an apology over the same spread size of the article, also a call out of the racism, the term “our game” is just a disgrace and I would be happy to see that fucking disgusting excuse for a news paper to %^*& out of all things Rangers. That said I can’t help get the impression there’s a few on here who can’t wait to get a dig a the board. Get a grip, we’ve been in the firing line for years and this is the only board I’ve known to act when required!

The belief that our club is in contempt with us the supporters is getting stronger with each article the scum press feel free to print.

As usual the condemnation comes from the support and if the latest attack on Alfredo is not addressed by the guardians of our club in a way that we deem appropriate, we might as well say f--k it. They can do and say whatever they bloody well like, because no one in authority at our club is bloody well bothered.

The attacks, the lies, the disrespectful behaviour of the press in relation to our club and players has to stop.................

The belief that our club is in contempt with us the supporters is getting stronger with each article the scum press feel free to print.

As usual the condemnation comes from the support and if the latest attack on Alfredo is not addressed by the guardians of our club in a way that we deem appropriate, we might as well say f--k it. They can do and say whatever they bloody well like, because no one in authority at our club is bloody well bothered.

The attacks, the lies, the disrespectful behaviour of the press in relation to our club and players has to stop.................

In a nutshell mate.

A ban should be issued to the Sun and a demand for an apology over the same spread size of the article, also a call out of the racism, the term “our game” is just a disgrace and I would be happy to see that fucking disgusting excuse for a news paper to %^*& out of all things Rangers. That said I can’t help get the impression there’s a few on here who can’t wait to get a dig a the board. Get a grip, we’ve been in the firing line for years and this is the only board I’ve known to act when required!

With respect, they are required to act NOW!

Assuming nothing is being done is a tad unfair. Public statements ain't the most subtle nor, necessarily, the most productive course of action.

Back