How much would you sell Borna Barišić for?

Biscuit hips went for £25 million and Borna is far better no way should we even consider £10 million.

Just read the story , it’s a non story . Just says no deal as Roma won’t pay what we want

If Barisic moves to a club like Roma then I would be making sure we insert a significant sell on clause.
I could see him going to a club like that for a year or two and then getting another big move within Italy or abroad.

Surely it would make financial sense to keep him if we only looking for £10 million. Get through 2 more rounds of Europa for example, win 55 and get CL next season would make us more than £10 million.

Reports from where in Italy?

Respected journalists or virgins on twitter?

With how little information is actually put out there from the club nowadays (considering how it previously was), I'd be very surprised if anyone outwith the management team knew anything.

Also FWIW, Wilson doesn't undervalue the Scottish market and his dealings at Southampton prove that, so put me down as unconvinced.

If an injury prone Scottish second choice left back is £25m, Borna is at least that. He’s just turned 27, stamina of a horse and will be able to play at the top level until 32-33 I’d imagine. More importantly, no history of recurring injury problems.

Don’t even let them use the Champions League performances as reason for a higher fee, he’s played six group games and won one. Those include a 7-0 defeat, a 7-1 defeat and a 5-0 defeat, all of which he played very poorly and was at fault for goals.

You honestly think we would risk losing league by selling one of our best players? When in 6 months we sell, we're champions, he has a good euros and he's worth double that.
Your mad if you think we will sell in January.

I wouldn’t be happy selling for £10 million.

We got £9 million for Hutton over 12 years ago.

£15 million at the minimum.

Correct . £10 million must be the initial payment up front , with two further payments of at least £3 million each . His value is around £16 million just now and could reach £20 after the euros .

If Barisic moves to a club like Roma then I would be making sure we insert a significant sell on clause.
I could see him going to a club like that for a year or two and then getting another big move within Italy or abroad.

He’s 28 this year, any transfer after that would be vastly reduced if he was 30-31.

There would rightly be uproar if any key player - which Borna undoubtedly is - are sold given where we are placed. That’s before you get to valuation.

no deal

Surely it would make financial sense to keep him if we only looking for £10 million. Get through 2 more rounds of Europa for example, win 55 and get CL next season would make us more than £10 million.
If he plays well in the Euro’s this summer his value will double. Madness to sell at the moment

This big time. It would be an act of self harm to sell any of our top players in this window.

If he does go to Italy for 10 million I guarantee he will be valued at 40 million in 18 months time when hes being touted for a move to the premier league. Sickening

About £8.5m?

giphy.gif

He's priceless to us this season, we don't have a replacement and we're going for the league.

Last season we missed a good left back and he's played a big part this season already. I'm sure we could buy another but we've seen it takes time to settle and learn the system.

Would be furious if we let the first choice Croatian left back, who’s under a long contract, go for £10m when he’s arguably one of the best players in the league having had some fantastic European performances. And that’s before he goes and shows what he can do in the Euros. The precedent has been set for what you can achieve for players in this league - we need to stop selling on the cheap. We don’t need to sell. And if Barisic wants to go then the fee must be fair and it must be in the summer.

So. The benchmark us Scottish footballs crap. And 10million would be good.

BUT this guy is tried and tested in a very good Croatia team...so add 50% plus clauses for a proven first choice international.

I wouldn’t be happy selling for £10 million.

We got £9 million for Hutton over 12 years ago.

£15 million at the minimum.
That would be my minimum but it would need to be all up front cash no instalments plus a 10% sell on. I also wouldn’t sell in this window however.

The Croatian left back moved last season for under £2 million...to us. If he leaves in the summer , 12-15 is realistic for a 27 year old full back

I wasnt aware he had already been capped for the full Croatian International side when we signed him.

I think ten million for Barisic is not enough at all. He is one player in our team who has it all to play at the very top level.

According to reports in Italy, Rangers have set their asking price at £10million for Barasic.

As much as I would love to see him stay an £8million profit is good business as long as we have someone lined up to take his place.

I reckon we will see Barasic leave this window
these "reports from italy" wouldn't happen to be in the scottish media.

According to reports in Italy, Rangers have set their asking price at £10million for Barasic.

As much as I would love to see him stay an £8million profit is good business as long as we have someone lined up to take his place.

Good business my arse we've a league to win.

The most worrying thing in all this is that fact that we, if the comments in the tabloids are true, are willing to sell Borna.

If we sell him this window our whole style of play is comprised unless we find a replacement fullback with comparable ability - we might as well raise the white flag in surrender and hand Scum NIAR. Borna's stats this season are off the chart, he is a vital cog in bringing balance to the team, lose him and IMHO we lose the league.

Last edited:
However Roma news website LaRoma24 is reporting that a deal for Barisic is unlikely this month.

They state that Rangers are looking for a fee in excess of €10m (£8.6m) which Roma sporting director Gianluca Petrachi considers to be too expensive.

The problem is other clubs will know our price

Celtic just paid 4 million for a player that's played 14 games in the polish league and you'd take 10 million. Is that some sort of sick joke

I’d like to know if people have forgotten Borna set up two goals to win us the old firm game at the piggery 2 weeks ago? The balls he put in were on a sixpence . Nobody else can put balls in like that within our budget .

The most worrying thing in all this is that fact that we, if the comments in the tabloids are true, are willing to sell Borna.

If we sell him this window our whole style of play is comprised unless we find a replacement fullback with comparable ability - we might as well raise the white flag in surrender and hand Scum NIAR. Borna's stats this season as off the chart, he is a vital cog in bringing balance to the team, lose him and we lose the league.
No way would I want to sell him in this window but if a silly bid lands it will test our resolve.

Don't think any bear would want to lose any of our current first team at this point.

Back