Updates to RTV

Sounds promising! Site definitely needed a revamp so hopefully it will match the quality of content.

tenor.gif

Just got an email from them there. Updates coming soon "with a new look and a new video partner"

Also looking like IOS and Android apps coming this month :)

Hopefully this sorts the casting issue with the VPN

Last edited:
Got an email too, currently on the £5 per month option, decent value, but definitely needs an upgrade, hopefully not looking for silly prices though.

All payments will be cancelled and you will have to resubcribe? Am I reading that right?

As a loyal RangersTV subscriber we wanted to let you know that we're making some changes to the RTV website.

With a new look and a new video partner you'll be able to enjoy even more of the content you love with easier navigation and a smoother login process.

As part of the changes we'll need you to update your password, and you'll now use your email address to login.

We'll notify you again when the changes are complete, with instructions on how to update to your account.

In the meantime, you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.

You'll also be able to update your payment details directly within your account page, and choose to pay by card or by Paypal.

You can also look forward to new apps for iOS and Android coming later this month, so keep your eyes on RangersTV for more news.

As a loyal RangersTV subscriber we wanted to let you know that we're making some changes to the RTV website.

With a new look and a new video partner you'll be able to enjoy even more of the content you love with easier navigation and a smoother login process.

As part of the changes we'll need you to update your password, and you'll now use your email address to login.

We'll notify you again when the changes are complete, with instructions on how to update to your account.

In the meantime, you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.

You'll also be able to update your payment details directly within your account page, and choose to pay by card or by Paypal.

You can also look forward to new apps for iOS and Android coming later this month, so keep your eyes on RangersTV for more news.​

Is it just me who reads that as "your subs are increasing but not to worry as it'll still come out on the same day"?

Is it just me who reads that as "your subs are increasing but not to worry as it'll still come out on the same day"?
I'm not sure mate im reading it as everything will remain the same but not to worry if you get an email saying your sub has been cancelled.

The only thing we have to do is update our passwords but they will promt us to do so once everything is ready

I'm not sure mate im reading it as everything will remain the same but not to worry if you get an email saying your sub has been cancelled.

The only thing we have to do is update our passwords but they will promt us to do so once everything is ready
It's because they specifically mentioned the 'same day' but excluded 'same amount'. I'd be prepared to sacrifice the apparently tremendous benefit of same day for the same cost, or lower.

It's because they specifically mentioned the 'same day' but excluded 'same amount'. I'd be prepared to sacrifice the apparently tremendous benefit of same day for the same cost, or lower.
I think they would have said by now if it was increasing mate, we will just have to wait and see but i think it will remain the same.

Does this mean the actual streaming service will be improved or just the layout of the website platform and Apps?

Any mention of chromecast or some mechanism to transfer from iPhone to a smart tv? I’m pretty sure that was promised before the end of 2019.

As a 'loyal RTV subscriber', I didnt get any email either. Maybe they've worked out I'm one of the number who's been giving them abuse on here for the quality of their live feeds. I've been sticking up for Tom Miller though...surely that must count for something ;)

It's just odd. I've never had an RTV email. Even when my yearly subscription is expiring, I don't get a reminder - I only find out when I sign in for a game.

As a 'loyal RTV subscriber', I didnt get any email either. Maybe they've worked out I'm one of the number who's been giving them abuse on here for the quality of their live feeds. I've been sticking up for Tom Miller though...surely that must count for something ;)

For those who ‘appear’ to have not received the email - check your Junk Mail folder, as that’s where mine ended up. Email was sent at 1407hrs but I’ve only just discovered it LOL.

I had some correspondence with them back in December regarding subs. I was told that they were reviewing the use of WorldPay Shopper to collect the subs. Switching your card used for payment with WorldPay was a nightmare and, for most, required cancelling your subscription and taking out a new one. The fact this will now be easier is not only welcome but suggests a move away from WorldPay.

I guess it is that which is behind the cancellation of subs but then their continuing collection on the same date (with the new provider?).

It's just odd. I've never had an RTV email. Even when my yearly subscription is expiring, I don't get a reminder - I only find out when I sign in for a game.

Weird you haven’t received it. I am a monthly subscriber but you’d expect the email to go to ALL subscribers. Possibly sending them out in batches?

You'd think they might just drop a quick note, though. I guess my purchase history indicates I'll buy anyway.

No email in junk folder yet. Maybe it's only gone to monthly subscribers.
Weird you haven’t received it. I am a monthly subscriber but you’d expect the email to go to ALL subscribers. Possibly sending them out in batches?

I’m an annual subscriber and no email yet (including junk folder)

I’m an annual subscriber and no email yet (including junk folder)

As I suggested, possibly going out in batches. Maybe monthly subscribers first - which will be the majority. Either way, today’s email is in this thread and I’m sure any others will be posted as well. I’d expect them to post instructions on the website when appropriate also mate.

I say again, why trumpet that the day your sub is collected will stay the same and not that the cost is (also) the same?
I, too, have had no email about this from RTV.
Anyway, it's all conjecture.

Just got an email from them there. Updates coming soon "with a new look and a new video partner"

Also looking like IOS and Android apps coming this month :)
Hopefully there is an update to the customer services/technical department at the same time
Totally agree

This post has been on so many times before, when ? will it happen, been waiting for ages to buy in, still don’t know when?

Supposedly changing the log-ins for all of the NARSA clubs for Friday. I'm not sure why you'd begin this change on a game day. Change it in midweek, when clubs can still try out the new log-in, without the game being at risk.

I'll have an alternate option available just in case.

Supposedly changing the log-ins for all of the NARSA clubs for Friday. I'm not sure why you'd begin this change on a game day. Change it in midweek, when clubs can still try out the new log-in, without the game being at risk.

I'll have an alternate option available just in case.
Might be improving security, making it harder for iptv to steal it.

I say again, why trumpet that the day your sub is collected will stay the same and not that the cost is (also) the same?
I, too, have had no email about this from RTV.
Anyway, it's all conjecture.

Aye, it IS all conjecture. ;) I will turn your point on it’s head, if there was to be an increase in subs they would surely have said ‘in conjunction with the changes there will be a revised pricing structure’. So I prefer to be ‘relieved‘ that there will be NO increase rather that worry there might be.:)

Ya auld pessimist (and there’s not many I can say that to!).

Aye, it IS all conjecture. ;) I will turn your point on it’s head, if there was to be an increase in subs they would surely have said ‘in conjunction with the changes there will be a revised pricing structure’. So I prefer to be ‘relieved‘ that there will be NO increase rather that worry there might be.:)

Ya auld pessimist (and there’s not many I can say that to!).

I'm not worrying about an increase, I'm happy being a miserable auld bugger.

I'm not worrying about an increase, I'm happy being a miserable auld bugger.

Well, this miserable auld bugger here decided he would try and help fellow Bears out by trying to find out how to check if you are on the mailing list. The ‘obvious’ way to do so was to click on the link at the bottom of today’s RangersTV email which states ‘click here to change mailing list preferences OR unsubscribe’. I clicked expecting to find out how to change preferences and immediately got the ‘you’ve unsubscribed and will receive no more emails’ message. Doh!

So I’m going to miss out on the next email as well.:)

Well, this miserable auld bugger here decided he would try and help fellow Bears out by trying to find out how to check if you are on the mailing list. The ‘obvious’ way to do so was to click on the link at the bottom of today’s RangersTV email which states ‘click here to change mailing list preferences OR unsubscribe’. I clicked expecting to find out how to change preferences and immediately got the ‘you’ve unsubscribed and will receive no more emails’ message. Doh!

So I’m going to miss out on the next email as well.:)

See, in future just expect that you're being shafted and life won't let you down.
Life is just a jobby sandwich and everyday is another bite.

Back