Stranraer - who do you want see start?

wilso10

Don't imagine the gaffer will want to take this one too lightly so can expect a relatively strong starting line-up IMO.

However, I'd like to see starts for Edmundson, Jones and Defoe for this one.

Anyone else you'd like to see given the opportunity?

Jones 90min , Stewart 60min Right Forward 30min through middle and Patterson 30min from bench , pollster and docherty maybe some minutes as a last chance

Don't imagine the gaffer will want to take this one too lightly so can expect a relatively strong starting line-up IMO.

However, I'd like to see starts for Edmundson, Jones and Defoe for this one.

Anyone else you'd like to see given the opportunity?

I'd like the side that the gaffer is planning to play against St Mirren to start against Stranraer.

I want them all fully match fit for the first league game to make sure there's no chance of a repeat of Rugby Park last January.

No problem with changes after an hour or so, if everything is going to plan.

I’d start Stewart, think he deserves it, I know that might mean leaving Defoe coming of the bench but with a lot of big games coming up it might benefit Defoe.

Especially as I have a feeling the SFA might try to slap a further ban on Alfie

Full strength team besides Stewart up front instead of Defoe. With Morelos out suspended, we need Defoe fit for St Mirren and Hearts. Stewart more than capable against Stranraer :))

I want to see a full-strength side, to get them all up to match pace. It's a blessing we have a competitive game before the league action starts as after breaks we have been slow to kick on. If we go 4/5 up guys like Jones, Stewart and Edmundson would be worth a run-out.

Think Edmundson, Stewart and Jones will start. Hopefully a convincing win, maybe a few more minutes for Patterson.

I wouldn’t quite go full strength as I think this is an opportunity to play a couple of youngsters and players who are returning from injury (I.e. Jones).

Fod
Patterson Katic Edmundson Flanagan
Jack Kamara Stewart
Kennedy Jones
Defoe

Subs: McGregor, Barisic, Davis, Aribo, Ojo, Kent, Mebude

Foderingham

Paterson
Edmundson
Katic
Barisic

Jack
Kamara
Docherty

Stewart
Defoe
Jones
Good point. Will Foderingham get the cup games against weak opposition?

I think it will be a strong team. Jones has a chance but probably coming on for Kent later on. Hopefully a youngster or two in the bench.

I can see the logic of starting our strongest possible team, but I'm just not sure it's necessary or needed.

With all due respect to Stranraer we should be able to comfortably dispose of them even with a few small changes, it gives some of our fringe players much needed game time and our regular starters an opportunity to get some minutes ahead of St Mirren.

Last edited:
I think it’ll be a mix of starters and squad players.

Fod
Tav
Goldson
Edmundson
Halliday

Arfield
Kamara
Aribo

Stewart
Defoe
Jones

Think we need to be starting McGregor. We don't want to introduce this 'cup goalie' scenario when we hopefully advance to the latter stages.

Rotate the outfield players yes, not the goalkeeper.

Need game time for the first eleven but also shake it up a bit.

I’d go for:
McGregor
Tavernier Edmundson Katic Barisic
Jack Kamara
Stewart Arfield Jones
Defoe
Subs Foderingham Patterson Goldson Halliday Aribo Kent Ojo

Shagger
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
Aribo Defoe Kent

Wes
Edmundson
Patterson
Arfield
Jones
Stewart

Score ten goals to get the confidence up and properly shake off the cobwebs before the game next Wednesday.

I wouldnt play Morelos, Kent, Goldson,Davis or Barisic unless we absolutely had to. We have too many important games coming up to risk them against lower league hatchet men.

For Me
Foderingham
Tav Edmundson Katic Flannigan
Jack Arfield
Aribo Stewart Jones
Defoe

Fod, Tav, Edmundson, Goldson, Flanagan; Kamara, Aribo, Arfield; Stewart, Jones, Defoe (usual 4321)

Fod, Patterson, Edmundson, Katic, Flanagan, Halliday, Polster, Arfield, Barker, Defoe, Stewart

Jones to come on for the second half if we are cruising it.

Fod

Patterson
Katic
Edmundson
Barasic

Jack
Aribo
Kamara

Jones
Stewart
Defoe

I know alot of bears think we should start our strongest team but only limited games you can have a look at fringe players and not risk the main starters and this is one of them.

With Hellander injured Edmundson needs game time in case Katic or Goldson get injured.

Patterson needs a game in case Tav gets injured. Jones needs game time and I think Stewart deserves a start and would like them to not risk McGregor, Davis and Kent.

We get this every time we play a well inferior team.

Just remember Berwick & Hamilton. This is a cup tie.

Can see that Gerrard may want to vary things but please, no wholesale changes. Last thing we need is a dent in confidence.

I’d start Stewart, think he deserves it, I know that might mean leaving Defoe coming of the bench but with a lot of big games coming up it might benefit Defoe.

Can they still ban him,I thought the deadline was 5 working days after the game

Full strength first half to get the match in their legs with the exception of Edmundson and Katic centre back pairing and Stewart getting full game in the middle

Foderingham
Patterson
Edmundson
Katic
Halliday
Docherty
Jack
Barjonas
Stewart
Jones
Defoe

subs
Firth
Flanagan
Maxwell
Davis
Aribo
Kent
Mabude

The strongest team available.

They need to shake off the cobwebs and get sharper for the 2nd half of the season

Intae thum Rangers. Embarrass them so Scotland takes notice that the Gers are back

Won’t happen, the last part

Back