1992 Scottish Cup Semi

It was an absolute shocking decision to send him off.

Nothing in it, Miller got to the ball first yes but it was nothing more than a body check in a nothing part of the pitch.

A disgrace.

And because of that was probably the most satisfying win v them in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Must have been one of first seated matches in the Rangers end?

Fantastic atmosphere that night.

That night will live long. Tremendous performance by Rangers in the face of one of the worst referees ever to have officiated. Made even sweeter upon return to EK to see a very drunk Rhabid floor another Rhabid with a fine hook :)) beat them and then a bit of Tim on Tim violence ....... Carlsbergesque:)):))

My wee granny died the day before this game never forget it , also was in section J never been so wet at a match but when that goals went in absolute bedlam .

I was in J too, up the back more .I was 8 months pregnant and when Robertson got sent off I burst into tears. Goal went in it was mental. That game and Kiev game are the highlight off my teenage years

It's highlights from this period, and the helicopter titles, that remind me how many ex-celtic players are still psychologically damaged.
It's nice to think we're about to embark on a whole new generation.

I was on a course down in England and managed to persuade the course director to let me watch the game in his house. Brought a carry out into his house which was packed with a few of them there. I almost lifted the roof off when Super Ally scored and they were quiet as a mouse. The course directors wife came through to the living room and asked us to all check our shoes. Guess who has trailed dug shit all over her beautiful house ? Yip me and you could see where my shitty shoes had jumped up and down after the goal.

Loved how Walter Smith tells the 4th official to fuvk off , then when he doesn't take the advice Wattie just completely blanks him .

I was in J too, up the back more .I was 8 months pregnant and when Robertson got sent off I burst into tears. Goal went in it was mental. That game and Kiev game are the highlight off my teenage years

Bay City Rollers, teenage dream?
Game at Hampden with the weather that night would have been just as happy for you as when the waters broke. wet.
28 now?

I was on a course down in England and managed to persuade the course director to let me watch the game in his house. Brought a carry out into his house which was packed with a few of them there. I almost lifted the roof off when Super Ally scored and they were quiet as a mouse. The course directors wife came through to the living room and asked us to all check our shoes. Guess who has trailed dug shit all over her beautiful house ? Yip me and you could see where my shitty shoes had jumped up and down after the goal.
At least it wasnt on my face!

One of the first Rangers games I remember watching on TV. Cant remember if I seen the end but remember my dad going mental at the goal

Soaked to the skin that night.
As soon as Robertson got sent off, wee John Spencer was out warming up behind the goal and geeing up the bears. I don’t think he went back to the bench at all, just stayed there conducting the choir!
He was instrumental in firing us up for the remainder of the match

Full Sky version available here folks - includes a young Terry Butcher being incredibly biased FOR us!
Did a totally random drop in of this video and boom; you can easily see what Waddle had in mind that night.
Robertson sent off for a tackle/block that in those days was the yellowest of yellows.
Then check out Galloway's lunge at 1.52.40 and I don't think he was even booked.
It's Clancy before Clancy.

Did a totally random drop in of this video and boom; you can easily what Waddle had in mind that night.
Robertson sent off for a tackle/block that in those days was the yellowest of yellows.
Then check out Galloway's lunge at 1.52.40 and I don't think he was even booked.
It's Clancy before Clancy.
To be fair, Bomber may (may) have gotten away with a penalty :))

North enclosure for us.
a less than waterproof cagoule was thrown in bin,
monsoon night right enough
Also in the north enclosure. Remember getting in the Hoose and my head was bursting due to the driving rain and of course the singing.
If memory serves we were actually in their end of the park due to sect J and H being seated for the 1st time.

Oh and Waddell’s a phucking cheating kunt!!!

Thankfully behind the goal that night, it never stopped raining.
Forgot we had all the north enclosure due to them still standing in their end.

This game was my first game v them at hampden, I was 12. Soaked in the north enclosure with my old man. I have a recollection of the whole Rangers end singing Always look on the bright side of life after the final whistle. Is that right? I’m Sure this was the first time i heard this simple but glorious chant.

North enclosure for me that night, soaked to the skin.
Waddell was always a cheat, he hated us,the victory that night despite his corruption made it all the sweeter.
Nigel Spackman moved back to central defence and was outstanding.

The team that went on to win NIAR was forged that night - the way the team celebrated with the their manager at the end was full of meaning. All those late victories over the following years - the belief was first seen that night.

One of my favourite matches to have been at - in the newly seated Section H and I smoked like a beagle through that second half.

North enclosure for me that night, soaked to the skin.
Waddell was always a cheat, he hated us,the victory that night despite his corruption made it all the sweeter.
Nigel Spackman moved back to central defence and was outstanding.
I’m clearly biased but Nigel Spackman gave that side a lot of options because he generally played in midfield and broke things up before passing the ball on.

He could also dip back into defence though and so when Stevens or Robertson went forward, he dropped back and maintained the back line.
That Rangers side of the early 1990s was just superb to watch - technically very good but a lot of clever and hard players throughout and if anyone wanted to make it a physical battle then Rangers were more than ready for it.

It was an absolute shocking decision to send him off.

Nothing in it, Miller got to the ball first yes but it was nothing more than a body check in a nothing part of the pitch.

A disgrace.

And because of that was probably the most satisfying win v them in my lifetime.
Andrew Waddell will always be a cnut

The Cordurouy Creep first came to prominence around this time, and indeed wrote an article that pretty much rubbished Rangers 10 man heroics and sought to placate himself with the chances that the filth had created ...... (and missed ya ballbag !!)

Ended up in Devon Street Orange Halls until 6am.

Home to bed (stayed along in Govanhill anyway) then back out to the Pig and Whistle for the back of noon to watch the replay.

oh and

Waddell Waddell get to phuck
Waddell get to phuck!!!!

Was in the North Stand open terracing and got drenched. Backs to the wall stuff in the second half having got the lead. I have a memory of Blackadder hitting the bar from distance for them and remember thinking at that point this is ours tonight :)

amazing again that you look back and its still the same with the ref's. Mowbray booked, blatant handball at their corner, we get a free kick and mowbray remains on the pitch.

I’m clearly biased but Nigel Spackman gave that side a lot of options because he generally played in midfield and broke things up before passing the ball on.

He could also dip back into defence though and so when Stevens or Robertson went forward, he dropped back and maintained the back line.
That Rangers side of the early 1990s was just superb to watch - technically very good but a lot of clever and hard players throughout and if anyone wanted to make it a physical battle then Rangers were more than ready for it.
They could mix it when required!!

North stand soaked to skin, midnight ferry back to Ulster,half 3 in morning stopped on outskirts of Belfast in car at a checkpoint,cops asked us if happy or sad,we all grinned,got waved through, quality follow follow moment

Anyone remember why it was midweek?
Can only recall the cup semis being weekends back then

After Robertson gets sent off watch Walter giving the assistant ref a bollocking for giving his instructions.

A wee reminder as how good McCoist was at link up the play.

I passed my driving license the very next day.
I wanted to go out celebrating this immense win but couldn’t

We were in the North Enclosure that night and I was wearing a leather jacket which was not as waterproof as it should have been. It was getting heavier and heavier as the game went on. In addition to being soaked through, I must have weighed about 25 stone by the time I got home.

Nigel Spackman was not a favourite of mine probably due to him selling an equaliser at Ibrox to them and that lump of wood known as Tony Cascarino. However, even I had to admit Spackman was an absolute stand out for us that night.

Fantastic goal from Ally. When that went in, we still had the whole of the second half to face. While Celtic had chances, they, in hindsight, started humping crosses into our penalty which were being cleared by Spackman, Bomber et al. I can’t remember when it was in the second half but we were thinking we can’t take much more of this pressure and they are going to score. Another aimless cross in to the box and I can only describe it as a howl of anger, rage etc came from the Celtic end. It was such a contrast from us thinking we can’t take much more. From that point on, we started to think we can do this.

And we did.

Back