Those who don’t do Rangers Lottery - why not?

Can’t afford it, that’s another £52 in a year of expenses. I already have a season ticket, buy a programme every match and sometimes a Rising Stars. I also have a £5 RangersTV subscription. I also need to save for other games.

Not everyone has a large income. I wish folk would understand this it’s a pretty easy conclusion to make.
Fair comment young man.
This is aimed at any who can pay a quid or two a week with no probs.

Maybe by the time people buy season tickets,getting to/from the game etc.Club 1872 and RTV subscriptions to start with they can't afford another thing mate.
Money can only go so far
You've missed the £3.5m we give to the clubs who tried to destroy our club from your list.

I don't know for certain but I'm going to stick my neck out and suggest that the number of supporters who can't afford a weekly subscription is very small and that the number of supporters who choose not to do it is very large.

Been subscribed for some while;never won hee haw;but couldn`t give a f*ck really,if I ever do it will be a nice surprise:) ...... money to the club I would have thought is the primary reason for playing..

£2 a week for this bear. Been doing it for a few years as it’s a simple way to put a little money into the club over and above the season ticket. Every little helps, as a certain supermarket occasionally reminds us.

Have never won a thing though, like most. It’s a lottery after all.

£2 a week for this bear. Been doing it for a few years as it’s a simple way to put a little money into the club over and above the season ticket. Every little helps, as a certain supermarket occasionally reminds us.

Have never won a thing though, like most. It’s a lottery after all.
And helps The Rangers Academy develop our young players. Not a cheap thing to do but every sign up counts. It's for Our Rangers!!

Setup for a few quid a week, no payment was taken.
I emailed, my account ballsed up and I couldn't fix it without phoning someone, my pet hate, so naw.

That's a good reminder. I signed up over a year ago, direct debit has been taken every week but apart from the sign up email I've heard nothing at all. Not got a clue if I'm even in the draw. :confused: Need to contact them tomorrow.

Can we not just have a stand alone fund to donate money directly into the club every month ? It wouldn't matter how much, just pour any spare cash into Rangers ?

I signed up during the dark days of Green etc as it was separate to the club and they never got their grubby paws on it.

Within a month I won £250 and thought, this is easy! Sadly, I’ve won nothing in the 5 years since! But for just £1 a week it’s very little outlay.

Many prople have zero interest in anything gambling-related. It plays no part in their lives and is something they simply don't think about participating in - no matter how small the stake.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't take a free bet if offered one and wouldn't even put a 50p line on the Grand National. I find the whole thing, tedious, dull and of zero interest at all.

i think for some it’s just a case of how much more can they afford to give the club. Whilst every new initiative does bring in cash it’s be generally from the fans going back to the well time and time again.

when you factor in money spent on Tickets, Merchandise, Food on a match day, a programme your average fan will be putting a reasonable chunk of the weekly wage into the club and for that are you getting value for money?
You then have hours who have bought shares, do the lotto, rising stars etc.

I’d like to see the club actually do more to give fans a bit of value for the money spent, encourage them to spend on decent food in the ground, have stuff pre and post match to spend money on. A proper pub at the ground where the profits go into the club would be good, have the fans spend less on the street vendors in scarfs, hats etc and even food and have a proper place at the ground giving fans a bit of value.

the SRU do really well having folks spend a bit of timetable the ground before and after rugby matches with varied food and drink stalls, huge merchandise tent and shop, music and activities. It also helps ease the congestion on the way out. If done it myself mulled about the ground until the traffic disperses a bit before heading home yet I’ve never wanted to do that after a match at Ibrox.

wouldn’t really call it gambling imo, for me I’m contributing to the club. If I win I win if I don’t I don’t, not the same as say putting on a coupon two three times a week losing money to a massive company that I have no reason to support if that makes sense.
If the guy is a gambling addict and isn’t putting it on for that reason then it doesn’t really matter what you call it to be honest.

All my family pay a couple of quid a week on direct debits, you don't miss it.

It's going to the club too, but I also understand it's an individual choice for everyone.

The thing I like about it is that you don't need to bother checking it, as they'll let you know if you win.

My uncle won a few months ago and the first he knew about it was when they contacted him.

i signed up through an agent 3 weeks ago, yet to receive my card or any money taken from my bank or any confirmation email

When the old Rangers Pools were at its height, we were the biggest in Britain, even Mhank supporters signed up to it, our payouts were vastly superior to theirs.
The reason I was given was if they won they were taking money from Rangers fans for little input.
The Rangers pools agent near me was a bheggar.

wouldn’t really call it gambling imo, for me I’m contributing to the club. If I win I win if I don’t I don’t, not the same as say putting on a coupon two three times a week losing money to a massive company that I have no reason to support if that makes sense.
I’m a recovering compulsive gambler and I’d be staking money to potentially win money in return. If I start getting involved in things like Rangers Lotto then it won’t be long till I’m back punting on two snails racing along the street and causing havoc in my and my families lives again... with all due respect :)

I’ll happily contribute money to the club in other ways which don’t impact my recovery!

I pay a fiver a week, have done for a few years and won hee haw. I know im an unlucky bastard but all those shots and less than 10,000 playing proves im more unlucky that i thought

on a side note it woul dbe better if they had an on line portal with your numbers, that you could go on and check. See winners etc. I got sent tickets and you couldnt read three of them as the ink had smudged!

I’m a recovering compulsive gambler and I’d be staking money to potentially win money in return. If I start getting involved in things like Rangers Lotto then it won’t be long till I’m back punting on two snails racing along the street and causing havoc in my and my families lives again... with all due respect :)

I’ll happily contribute money to the club in other ways which don’t impact my recovery!
Well done Livi. Much respect from me. Stay strong young man.

People seem to win multiple times where as others don't ever - I don't really trust the process seemed a closed shop from some Rangers Twitter Celebs so chucked it.

People seem to win multiple times where as others don't ever - I don't really trust the process seemed a closed shop from some Rangers Twitter Celebs so chucked it.

Alarm bells are starting to ring for me aswell - seems to be blind faith that they will draw and check your numbers. Is htis actually independantly checked?

I won £500 two or three years ago. I have £4 a week going in for the past 5 years, so I'm really about £332 down, but for me it is more the fact that I'm doing my lottery with Rangers. I don't buy any other lotto's. Any other giving goes to the Sally Army, cancer research or random charity collection tins that take my fancy at Ibrox or when out and about. I really think they could do more to promote it on a basic level to fans. From my own sales background, they really need to be going with a cause and effect strategy and not just random shout outs and bog posters. Maybe it's just that i don't see their efforts as i'm not a twitter person and haven't bought a programme for years, but it does seem quite subdued. No getting away from the huge avenues of betting however these days which will hamper the spend.

Back