Rangers TV randomly cancelled

TibbsyBear

Got this email today from WorldPay.

IMPORTANT: The following Regular FuturePay Agreement with The Rangers Football Club has been cancelled, in accordance with the request we received from either yourself or The Rangers Football Club.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I haven’t sent any request to the club and it’s not a payment issue or anything like that as there is always money in that account for the monthly debit.

Strange.

Got this email today from WorldPay.

IMPORTANT: The following Regular FuturePay Agreement with The Rangers Football Club has been cancelled, in accordance with the request we received from either yourself or The Rangers Football Club.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I haven’t sent any request to the club and it’s not a payment issue or anything like that as there is always money in that account for the monthly debit.

Strange.

Expected. This is a copy if the email they sent out the other day (RangersTV sent the email that is):

As a loyal RangersTV subscriber we wanted to let you know that we're making some changes to the RTV website.

With a new look and a new video partner you'll be able to enjoy even more of the content you love with easier navigation and a smoother login process.

As part of the changes we'll need you to update your password, and you'll now use your email address to login.

We'll notify you again when the changes are complete, with instructions on how to update to your account.

In the meantime, you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.

You'll also be able to update your payment details directly within your account page, and choose to pay by card or by Paypal.

You can also look forward to new apps for iOS and Android coming later this month, so keep your eyes on RangersTV for more news.

Here’s the thread in it for those who missed it:

Expected. This is a copy if the email they sent out the other day (RangersTV sent the email that is):

As a loyal RangersTV subscriber we wanted to let you know that we're making some changes to the RTV website.

With a new look and a new video partner you'll be able to enjoy even more of the content you love with easier navigation and a smoother login process.

As part of the changes we'll need you to update your password, and you'll now use your email address to login.

We'll notify you again when the changes are complete, with instructions on how to update to your account.

In the meantime, you can expect to see a cancellation notice of your current monthly subscription, but don't worry, your regular payments will continue on the usual date each month.

You'll also be able to update your payment details directly within your account page, and choose to pay by card or by Paypal.

You can also look forward to new apps for iOS and Android coming later this month, so keep your eyes on RangersTV for more news.
I subscribe and I haven’t received this email

I subscribe and I haven’t received this email

Check your junk mail folder, that’s where mine went. Better yet, read the earlier thread I’ve linked above. Note also that the wording of the email suggests it’s gone to MONTHLY subscribers. Annual subscribers, for some bizarre reason, don’t appear to have had it. Yet!

Last edited:
Check your junk mail folder, that’s where mine went. Better yet, read the earlier thread I’ve linked above. Note also that the wording of the email suggests it’s gone to MONTHLY subscribers. Annual subscribers, for some bizarre reason, don’t appear to have had it. Yet!
Weird. I check junk mail everyday and am a month subscriber (I think)

Could you go into your account and tell me what you see? Is there a transaction for every month you’ve paid RTV?

Could you go into your account and tell me what you see? Is there a transaction for every month you’ve paid RTV?

No. All that’s listed in my RangersTV account is the fact I have a monthly subscription. I can go into my WorldPay account though and it lists every payment - plus I get an email from WorldPay every month telling me they’ve taken the payment. Surely you know if you have money coming out every month. At worst your bank account will tell you that. I guess you wouldn’t notice if it’s £5 rather than the £17.25 amount but it will still show.

No. All that’s listed in my RangersTV account is the fact I have a monthly subscription. I can go into my WorldPay account though and it lists every payment - plus I get an email from WorldPay every month telling me they’ve taken the payment. Surely you know if you have money coming out every month. At worst your bank account will tell you that. I guess you wouldn’t notice if it’s £5 rather than the £17.25 amount but it will still show.
Same.
I don’t ever get emails tho saying they’ve took it tho

Going off at a tangent slightly, I wish to feck RTV would tell us on their website what game coverage is up and coming and when.

I'm still unsure about the 'on demand' for Stranraer game, on the night after the game or do we have to wait until Sunday ? Seems to mixed messages going around. Surely RTV can clarify ?

Can't sign in to RTV saying wrong username/password which I have been using for over a year !

Working fine for me mate. We've been warned that passwords will need to be reset and login changed to email addresses - but, to the best of my knowledge, its not started happening yet. Check your Junk Mail for messages just in case. Did you get the email saying they were changing everything, as per @Recoba post above?

Working fine for me mate. We've been warned that passwords will need to be reset and login changed to email addresses - but, to the best of my knowledge, its not started happening yet. Check your Junk Mail for messages just in case. Did you get the email saying they were changing everything, as per @Recoba post above?
That explains it however I don't have the same email account that is in my RTV account so can't check.

I found the email in one of my filtered mailboxes a couple of days ago after seeing a thread on here. I'm thankful for people bringing it up on the forum - otherwise I wouldn't be aware of these changes as I really don't have a lot of spare time on my hands.

That explains it however I don't have the same email account that is in my RTV account so can't check.

You've got a problem here then. Firstly, you won't receive any emails with instructions on how to change your login and password. Secondly, it would appear you are currently locked out - and I don't think that is because of the planned changes or we'd have other reports of posters receiving the email to change things. Thirdly, and probably most importantly, I'm not sure if you can use the 'recover account details' link on the login page. If you are lucky, it will bring up a dialogue box asking you to enter an email address to send instructions for a password reset. If you are unlucky it will simply automatically send those reset details to the email address you no longer use. Schoolboy error not keeping your contact email up to date on RangersTV account I'm afraid.

I'd try the 'recover account details' link - below the login boxes - and pray that it lets you enter an email address. If it doesn't, you will need to email RangersTV support and hope they can find your account from the details you then provide them.

EDIT: It lets you enter an email address. Hopefully that then lets you reset things. However, there's a chance they will only send stuff out to an email address that's on record. Give it a go though.

Last edited:
I'll not get this email as the email i used when i signed up 5/6 years ago no longer exists... going to be a bastard when this change is implemented for me.

I'll not get this email as the email i used when i signed up 5/6 years ago no longer exists... going to be a bastard when this change is implemented for me.

Login, click on My Account page. On the right hand side, in the blue box, there is a link to click to then amend your email address or password. Update it to record your new/current email address. Job done.

Its a good point for everyone else to heed as well. Login and check you have the correct email address on record with RangersTV folks and update it if necessary. No point moaning about not getting emails if you no longer use the email address on record.

Back