Next 8 games on RTV - excellent value

bobally

Had cancelled my monthly subscription in December, but have noticed (assuming Stranraer game on rtv), that a months subscription starting tomorrow at £17.25 will give you the next 8 games. 6 home, 2 away for us 'overseas' Bears.

Fantastic value when you consider 1 game is now £7.99

Had cancelled my monthly subscription in December, but have noticed (assuming Stranraer game on rtv), that a months subscription starting tomorrow at £17.25 will give you the next 8 games. 6 home, 2 away for us 'overseas' Bears.

Fantastic value when you consider 1 game is now £7.99

Yup, as everyone knows by now, I love my RangersTV.:) Wouldn't be without it now I live away from Scotland.

I am 'fearful', however, of a price rise in the Summer. The cost to buy an individual game went up last Summer from about £5 to the new figure of almost £8. That's a whopping increase. I doubt they will increase the monthly/annual subscription by the same percentage but I'm pretty certain it will go up somewhat. Its not gone up in price since I first subscribed a couple of years ago, and I don't know when the last increase was before then, so I suppose an increase is overdue once they've implemented all the changes. I still wouldn't give up on it. I've ditched BT Sport and handed in my notice to quit to Sky, so they go next month. Every penny to Rangers now.

If the new service works then great. Your not going to pay more for something that barely works for some. Hopefully it's sorted with this new player. The app that's being released, if done correctly, could be a money spinner for subscriptions.

Yup, as everyone knows by now, I love my RangersTV.:) Wouldn't be without it now I live away from Scotland.

I am 'fearful', however, of a price rise in the Summer. The cost to buy an individual game went up last Summer from about £5 to the new figure of almost £8. That's a whopping increase. I doubt they will increase the monthly/annual subscription by the same percentage but I'm pretty certain it will go up somewhat. Its not gone up in price since I first subscribed a couple of years ago, and I don't know when the last increase was before then, so I suppose an increase is overdue once they've implemented all the changes. I still wouldn't give up on it. I've ditched BT Sport and handed in my notice to quit to Sky, so they go next month. Every penny to Rangers now.
Was 5.49 for Maribor last season then jumped to 7.49 for UFA after that I got the unlimited package as not in Scotland also.
Been money well spent

If the new service works then great. Your not going to pay more for something that barely works for some. Hopefully it's sorted with this new player. The app that's being released, if done correctly, could be a money spinner for subscriptions.

Plenty will disagree but, as far as I can gather, most of the issues folk have is down to their end - poor VPN, bad line speeds, background Apps etc - rather than RangersTV. If it was the service itself you'd expect the problems to apply to all, not just a small percentage. I can honestly count on 1 hand the major issues I've had in just over 2 years.

That said, the most recent 'upgrade' in September has caused some real issues with casting via AppleTV, for example, so there's certainly some room for improvement.

Last edited:
NARSA are showing it live seemingly but only to NARSA clubs. Not sure if that affects other overseas Bears.

For any US based bears, if it's not on RTV (not sure if it will be or not yet), ESPN+ have it. I think it's a $4.99 a month subscription, but if you haven't used it before you can get a 1 week trial and cancel after the game

Plenty will disagree but, as far as I can gather, most of the issues folk have is down to their end - poor VPN, bad line speeds, background Apps etc - rather than RangersTV. If it was the service itself you'd expect the problems to apply to all, not just a small percentage. I can honestly count on 1 hand the issues I've had in just over 2 years.

That said, the most recent 'upgrade' in September has caused some real issues with casting via AppleTV, for example, so there's certainly some room for improvement.
Last year I was fine with RTV. Recent months have been hit or miss. That's why I'm hoping this new app solves the issue.

Last year I was fine with RTV. Recent months have been hit or miss. That's why I'm hoping this new app solves the issue.

The new player, introduced last September, seems much more demanding on your VPN. Some of the free VPONs appear to struggle - even some of the less well regarded paid for ones seem to struggle.

I don't have great hopes for the App improving the streaming service I have to say. It will be great, I think, for routine access and watching the Away Days and Training Day videos and suchlike but I don't see much change in the streaming side of things other than, perhaps, better compatibility with the likes of AppleTV, Firestick etc. Hope, for the sake of those who struggle, that I am wrong.

Was your RTV stream ok in the old firm game? Mine hung in the first half on twenty-something but came back again then in the second half it hung again on fifty-six, I think, and that was it.
I was using Opera's in-built VPN, though.

Was your RTV stream ok in the old firm game? Mine hung in the first half on twenty-something but came back again then in the second half it hung again on fifty-six, I think, and that was it.
I was using Opera's in-built VPN, though.

Jeez, I've slept since then and not much 'sticks' at my age. :)

From memory, I had a wee glitch right at the start which caused me a major panic - but it was only something like 15 seconds. I then, unusually for me, had a 10 minute period in the second half when I had some slight buffering but nothing major.

I love RTV. Yes it's not perfect, but I can watch (almost) every game for £17.25 a month, as I'm not Scotland based and able to attend matches.. If this went up in price to £25 a month it would still be great value.
A good VPN and the full RTV subscription is a no brainer IMHO

what VPN are you using?

I don't envisage Chromecast will function with the forthcoming app if using a VPN unfortunately. Chromecast usually grabs the stream directly from source so won't route through a VPN installed on a device. We shall see.

durrant on co commentary

brutal

he must say "now" about a hundred times when he on a rtv match

I mostly use it overseas or occasionally in the UK with a VPN and I have to say for the most part it's been flawless for me.

I generally use the PS4 browser and it works great, no real issues with buffering etc.

Not entirely sure why it gets such a bad press but looking forward to the App coming out if that can connect straight to the TV/Apple TV.

Also, for those asking whether the game will be on, I think every game is on Rangers TV for 'Overseas Subscribers' (just use a VPN to 'go overseas' if you're in the UK) with the exception of those that clash with the Champions League, which is usually just one or two a season, and Europa League games. Wherever you are, if you can't get to every game, it really is worth getting.

I mostly use it overseas or occasionally in the UK with a VPN and I have to say for the most part it's been flawless for me.

I generally use the PS4 browser and it works great, no real issues with buffering etc.

Not entirely sure why it gets such a bad press but looking forward to the App coming out if that can connect straight to the TV/Apple TV.

Also, for those asking whether the game will be on, I think every game is on Rangers TV for 'Overseas Subscribers' (just use a VPN to 'go overseas' if you're in the UK) with the exception of those that clash with the Champions League, which is usually just one or two a season, and Europa League games. Wherever you are, if you can't get to every game, it really is worth getting.

does it have a problem at the source or does it depend on your ISP and which VPN you are using

does it have a problem at the source or does it depend on your ISP and which VPN you are using

For me, the product itself works fine.

I've used a free VPN with it which could be unreliable and slow down the speed, leading to buffering. I'd recommend using a paid VPN which you can get for £3 per month or so and does make a difference.

A joke that we have not been informed yet if it's on or not.

Maybe it’s not and the stuff about Durrant on co-comms was related to the On Demand service?

Can anyone recall if the Scottish Cup games shown on Premier last season were on RangersTV?

EDIT: the replay with the Sheep was audio only but may have clashed with CL matches.

However, the Killie game was shown live:

Maybe it’s not and the stuff about Durrant on co-comms was related to the On Demand service?

Can anyone recall if the Scottish Cup games shown on Premier last season were on RangersTV?

EDIT: the replay with the Sheep was audio only but may have clashed with CL matches.

However, the Killie game was shown live:

Cowdenbeath game was on RTV I’m sure.

Back