Right back area

Patterson is a certainty to start tomorrow.

Not as certain is who starts next midweek.

No.

hes a centre half.

Young patterson should/will start tomorrow.

Big george will play in his correct position.

all good in the hood.

Paterson might well start tomorrow but let’s not expect him to step in for 2/3 weeks with too high an expectation level.
Remember Myles Beerman.

Last edited:
With tav out should or could edmunson play there

I think he would strol it and provide an additional threat at set pieces

No, one of our many other right backs should play there. We shouldn't shoehorn a big lump of a centre half in to an unnatural position.

What message would that send to Patterson? Might be aswell letting Flanagan and Polster leave if Edmundson plays in front of them.

He'll start the game, at centre half

I would like to see patterson get a chance tomorrow and if he plays well or at looks like he can make the step up put him in against st mirren. Hopefully develope a good backup and tav replacement when/if he leaves.

Really hoping Patterson gets a start as I believe it would bring around great encouragement for the entire youth system.

Patterson to start hopefully ,but got a feeling it might be Polster against StMirren which not a real problem to me as it gives a chance to have a look at him .

Patterson to start hopefully ,but got a feeling it might be Polster against StMirren which not a real problem to me as it gives a chance to have a look at him .
Gives who a chance to get a look at him?

The manager has seen him in training, bounce games & appearances for a year now. He doesn’t rate him, that much is clear.

Also just back from 2 weeks on holiday.

I’m hoping Paterson gets a chance and if not then Polster. Flanagan has qualities I like but none of them are when he crosses the halfway line.

Gives who a chance to get a look at him?

The manager has seen him in training, bounce games & appearances for a year now. He doesn’t rate him, that much is clear.

Also just back from 2 weeks on holiday.
Meant us mate as a lot on here seem to rate him and I've yet to see him

We currently have 3 natural RBs in the squad and one promising youth. But yes, let’s play a natural CB there.

I read somewhere that someone suggested putting Ryan Jack there. Wrong for a host of reasons. Your not gonna take arguably your best midfielder out of position and it would probably affect morale in squad shoehorning a player to into a position when we have cover for RB.

Last edited:
Patterson is a certainty to start tomorrow.

Not as certain is who starts next midweek.
It would be good to see the youngster but I do feel Flanagan should get the nod. He’s the recognised standin and seems to have been a model pro with us, hasn’t really let us down either and always put a shift in - Patterson’s time will definitely come withnus

We've got our best academy prospect who's a right back and a former full England capped right back as back up to Tav.

Surely they're better options than our 4th choice centre half mate?

I'm read somewhere that someone suggested putting Ryan Jack there. Wrong for a host of reasons. Your not gonna take arguably your best midfielder out of position and it would probably affect morale in squad shoehorning a player to into a position when we have cover for RB.
No disrespect to Stranraer but we can’t be taking Ryan Jack out of midfield an an SPL game.

Paterson might well start tomorrow but let’s not expect him to step in for 2/3 weeks with too high an expectation level.
Remember Myles Beerman.

I agree he should be managed carefully, but Patterson is on a totally different level to what Beerman was mate.

He's quicker, stronger, taller, tackles better, more aggressive and has far better delivery.

I agree he should be managed carefully, but Patterson is on a totally different level to what Beerman was mate.

He's quicker, stronger, taller, tackles better, more aggressive and has far better delivery.
Trust your judgement as I have never seen him play , just remember the same amount of hype about Beerman prior to his breakthrough.

No chance Polster will play at right back ahead of either Patterson or Flanagan mate.

Any time he gets any game time now it's in central midfield.

Was also on honeymoon while the rest of the squad were at an intensive training camp.

Probably- he came on one game in midfield and was sound.

Personally I'd play the young lad at RB.

Let’s face it, we won’t be under much pressure in the next 3 games, we’ll we shouldn’t be, give Patterson the nod, much better going forward, will merge into our style seamlessly. When are we ever going to give promising young players their chance, it’s ideal to see what he can do. Don’t get me wrong, if it was a backs to the wall game then Flanagan should play.
Saying that I seen Patterson up against the Wrexham hammer throwers, he wasn’t afraid to get stuck in, so much so he went off injured.

Why don’t folk realise we have Nathan Patterson. He’s 18 and ready, you see all these posts about “give the youth players a chance” and now folk say no. Patterson is no doubt going straight to the top and we’re lucky to have such a prospect at the club. He starts on Friday.

Remember Myles Beerman.
You can’t honestly compare both of them. We’ve already heard what the youth academy coaches i.e Kevin Thomson and Peter Lovenkrands highly rate him.

Why don’t folk realise we have Nathan Patterson. He’s 18 and ready, you see all these posts about “give the youth players a chance” and now folk say no. Patterson is no doubt going straight to the top and we’re lucky to have such a prospect at the club. He starts on Friday.

We’re up against Stranraer, St Mirren, Ross County and a fucking dreadful Hearts team.

If our standout youth fullback can’t start at least three of them, questions around the long-term usefulness of the youth academy will be rightly raised.

It’s a perfect opportunity.

TBH we look a bit bare if anything happened to Tav or Barasic long term.

Flanagan is out of contract in the summer and unlikely to extend his deal. He could potentially sign a Bosman with another club at any time over the next few weeks not sure he'd be bursting a gut for the rest of the season if that was the case.

Polster looks like one of the players we are trying to loan out in this window by all accounts.

Patterson at 18 is a prospect but is he ready for late stage Europa league football?

We’re up against Stranraer, St Mirren, Ross County and a fucking dreadful Hearts team.

If our standout youth fullback can’t start at least three of them, questions around the long-term usefulness of the youth academy will be rightly raised.

It’s a perfect opportunity.
Nathan Patterson is special, I’ve watched a few times now. He’s our best prospect at the moment.

It would be good to see the youngster but I do feel Flanagan should get the nod. He’s the recognised standin and seems to have been a model pro with us, hasn’t really let us down either and always put a shift in - Patterson’s time will definitely come withnus
Flanagan offers nothing forward and is a negative to our playstyle. Patterson is similar to what Hutton was like. Would fit easy into our playstyle.

No chance Polster will play at right back ahead of either Patterson or Flanagan mate.

Any time he gets any game time now it's in central midfield.

Was also on honeymoon while the rest of the squad were at an intensive training camp.

I would hazard a guess and say his honeymoon to the new Mrs P would have been the above

We have to believe in our youth players

Also given we are at home v Stranraer we need to trust the youth to step up

I’ve not seen a lot of young Nathan but what I seen last week in Dubai he looks a great prospect

We will see in next few games if young Nathan is good enough

I’m sure the lad has the talent to help us with backing up the RB position

I’d give Paterson a run out, however I reckon Flanagan will start tomorrow.
I think we’ll maybe go Patterson RB and Flanagan LB and either will be fit and ready to fill in at RB on Wednesday night. Makes sense to me.

Why do you want to see Flanagan for 60 mins?
Are Stranraer carrying a massive threat that we don't know about?
I know, Flanagan is the complete opposite of our playstyle now. Patterson is essentially just like Tav however he seems to be always a forward thinking fullback. You could compare him to Hutton. Patterson should start and I believe he will.

Back