Stranraer game ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're based in the US/Canada and RTV doesn't show it, it's also on ESPN+, a subscription service, but you can get a 1 week free trial then cancel after the game.
Keeping an eye on RTV myself and will use ESPN+ only if it's a no go from RTV

What does that mean ?

RangersTV will be showing the game live. That's what NARSA clubs have been told.

The On Demand feature though, i.e. a replay of the match, isn't available on RTV until Sunday night. Normally it's available from midnight on the day of the game, but due to Scottish Cup broadcast restrictions, RTV has to wait until every other cup tie, including highlights, has been shown on TV, and that's Sunday night.

RangersTV will be showing the game live. That's what NARSA clubs have been told.

The On Demand feature though, i.e. a replay of the match, isn't available on RTV until Sunday night. Normally it's available from midnight on the day of the game, but due to Scottish Cup broadcast restrictions, RTV has to wait until every other cup tie, including highlights, has been shown on TV, and that's Sunday night.

Thank you

If you're based in the US/Canada and RTV doesn't show it, it's also on ESPN+, a subscription service, but you can get a 1 week free trial then cancel after the game.
Keeping an eye on RTV myself and will use ESPN+ only if it's a no go from RTV
Also on Bleacher Report Live, which I ended up subscribing to as they show quite a lot of our games including the Europa League games LIVE. $9.99/month and well worth it, IMO.

I'm a long time subscriber to Rangers TV also but I now only watch the RTV feed if BR Live doesn't have our game - which has only happened once in the last couple of months that I've been subscribing - as the BR Live quality of feed is head and shoulders above anything RTV can offer (other than having to deal with whatever commentary they pipe in from the UK).

I'm hoping the upcoming changes to the RTV video feed change this for me, but I'll wait and see. (Never did receive an email from them, incidentally.)

Also on Bleacher Report Live, which I ended up subscribing to as they show quite a lot of our games including the Europa League games LIVE. $9.99/month and well worth it, IMO.

I'm a long time subscriber to Rangers TV also but I now only watch the RTV feed if BR Live doesn't have our game - which has only happened once in the last couple of months that I've been subscribing - as the BR Live quality of feed is head and shoulders above anything RTV can offer (other than having to deal with whatever commentary they pipe in from the UK).

I'm hoping the upcoming changes to the RTV video feed change this for me, but I'll wait and see. (Never did receive an email from them, incidentally.)

BR does not have the rights to the Scottish Cup - ESPN do. BR does have rights to SPFL and Europa League. They generally only show the SPFL games live if they are televised by Sky/BT - so most home games are unavailable with them. We played a lot of away games the last few months. The reverse is true for next few months.

Fantastic reply.
I'll be in Motherwell until 7pm and take a rocket to Belgium for the game.

I am sure it was as the last time. It will be shown on RTV for outside the UK. I don't think they can advertise it until the final day so I expect at some time tomorrow it will be advertised. I am only 60% sure so I may be wrong.

Premier Sports make Rangers put in more of an effort to stop UK bears watching on RTV with a VPN so get logged in early.

The last time it took me 3 different servers to get one that worked.

Totally agree mate.
Some folk less fortunate than others and can't afford to go to games. Doesn't make them any less of a supporter.
(For the record I have a season ticket and I am attending)
And some are just not physically able to get to any matches due to illness and disability.

Rangers TV website now up and appears to be all new. Also appears to be showing Stranraer live. To login however now asking for your email address rather than previously username, which I've used for many years. So try and login and doesn't recognise either of my email addresses. Arrrrrrgh !

Unfortunately not on B/R live, they list all the games but it doesn't say "coming soon" and when you click on it it doesn't show that you either have access through subscription or the price if you don't have a subscription.

Another top tip for B/R, subscribe through Android play store. You can login on any device. I had it last year, cancelled in Play store at the end of the season, still have access

Rangers TV website now up and appears to be all new. Also appears to be showing Stranraer live. To login however now asking for your email address rather than previously username, which I've used for many years. So try and login and doesn't recognise either of my email addresses. Arrrrrrgh !
Big thread running about this.

You have to log on to RTV using a VPN to even see that the match is available to purchase. You will also see the purchase under the 'Subscribe to RTV' tab. Both of these are changes we've only seen today.

Tried asking RTV , no reply . Is the game being shown on Friday night ?

That's what I said. :)) :))

IF you’re outside the UK and Ireland then you can watch Friday’s Scottish Cup Tie against Stranraer LIVE on RangersTV.

And for fans in the UK and Ireland, and across the world, there’s live audio coverage for anyone who can’t get to the game.

Tom Miller will bring you full commentary throughout the 90 minutes with former Ger Ian Durrant on co-commentary.

WATCH OUTSIDE THE UK/ROI
To purchase the game for £7.99 click here, or sign up for a RangersTV Unlimited subscription here to enjoy every game live.

LISTEN INSIDE THE UK/ROI
If you’re based in the UK/ROI you can listen to the game live with any RangersTV subscription package.

And with the same subscription you can watch the full match and highlights from 20:30 UK Time Sun 19 Jan.

Unlike regular SPFL matches that are available from Midnight, Scottish Cup matches are restricted worldwide until after the BBC’s highlights programme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back