Updates to RTV

Never got an email telling me about this even though subscribed for years.
Surprisingly everything went fine though when I went to reset my password.

Anyone else use a username to login with rather than an email address? :confused:
I had a username but entered my 'registered with' email and everything seems fine, so far.

Scratch that. I'm logged in, I have the option to 'Logout' top right, but when I try to watch a goal from the Tashkent match it asks me to login or register. Have gone through this loop several times.

They published an update on the website but if they were more pro active it would solve a lot of problems.

They may have to refund some customers if they dont get into their accounts tonight. Loss of revenue.

Step by step guides, FAQs and email correspondence to all users would be more pro active. Plus it would save the support staff a massive amount of time.

I was on the £5 a month package. Couldn’t log in or reset password so re-registered. Package is now £6 a month which is fine but the format is all over the place when using it on IPhone.

Had a play around and it looks like you are correct. It gets better though, unless you have the VPN on it won't let you select to subscribe to the Unlimited Overseas Package, you only get offered the two UK-based subscriptions. Turn the VPN on and you get offered the overseas packages as well. It doesn't tell you how much they cost though. Yet.

That maybe because you already have an active subscription. Someone mentioned £24 per month earlier which will show if you haven't got one?

Just re-registered. Have no idea if my monthly sub is still active, not paying again until i know. Emailed them to find out.

Exactly the same for me. Annoyed no warning of these changes despite being a RTV ST holder for 3 years. Will see if its just a Safari issue as others suggest. Feckin stupid if it is.,
Check my previous posts mate. Another poster said to clear safari cookies and got it working. I did the same and working perfectly on safari now.

That maybe because you already have an active subscription. Someone mentioned £24 per month earlier which will show if you haven't got one?

Could be the reason. Funnily enough, only yesterday on a thread I mentioned that I thought a significant increase in monthly subs was due. Strangely, £24 per month was the figure I had in mind. Given the individual match prices went up from circa £5 to circa £8 this season it was inevitable that we would be hit with an increase as well. Hopefully for the monthly guys like me, they delay it until Summer.

I had a username but entered my 'registered with' email and everything seems fine, so far.

Scratch that. I'm logged in, I have the option to 'Logout' top right, but when I try to watch a goal from the Tashkent match it asks me to login or register. Have gone through this loop several times.
If you’re using Safari, clear cookies and try again. That worked for me.

Good one. I recommend following the actions detailed in post #48 mate, just to tie up any 'loose ends'.
Does this mean I need to enter my CC details in there to complete my registration? I usually enter at the time of purchase. I see it's also looking for the security code at this time.
I'm a bit paranoid here as my MBNA card was hacked over Christmas, £1000 the phuckers took before I got on to the provider who sorted it out.

Had a play around and it looks like you are correct. It gets better though, unless you have the VPN on it won't let you select to subscribe to the Unlimited Overseas Package, you only get offered the two UK-based subscriptions. Turn the VPN on and you get offered the overseas packages as well. It doesn't tell you how much they cost though. Yet.

Thanks for clarifying appreciate your help VB

Just re-registered. Have no idea if my monthly sub is still active, not paying again until i know. Emailed them to find out.

Re-registered rather than simply resetting your password to get into your existing account? There should be no need for anyone to actually re-register and set up a new account. If its an old email address RangersTV hold for you simply contact them and explain that.

Re-registered rather than simply resetting your password to get into your existing account? There should be no need for anyone to actually re-register and set up a new account. If its an old email address RangersTV hold for you simply contact them and explain that.
It wouldn't recognise my email address so had to reregister

Not being facetious but how do you clear cookies in Safari on an iphone/ipad, do you mean "Clear History and Website Data"?
Yes mate. It should still save your passwords as after I did it my log in details auto populated and all videos played with no issue. Just remember to make full screen to get audio working.

The reset email went into my junk folder so make sure to check there. At a brief glance it does look like slightly more user friendly but I’ll reserve judgement until I get a proper look at it. Hopefully the app to come soon!

Does this mean I need to enter my CC details in there to complete my registration? I usually enter at the time of purchase. I see it's also looking for the security code at this time.
I'm a bit paranoid here as my MBNA card was hacked over Christmas, £1000 the phuckers took before I got on to the provider who sorted it out.

They haven't told us you need to put your card details in there. Not yet anyway so, to be fair, I don't think it is essential. When they move us monthly subscribers to their 'new' - and no doubt more expensive package - I suspect we will need to enter them. I've stuck mine in for ease but there was no prompt to do so.

I had an online issue at Christmas as well, thanks to the Mrs buying stuff from a 'dodgy' Chinese site. They tried to take 4 x £55 debits in the space of 20 seconds before Santander - God bless them - fraud algorithm kicked in and blocked the card. Otherwise, goodness knows how much would have gone. Got everything back thank thankfully.

I'm at work :(
But I can get videos to work on my iphone ok, but interested if anyone has been able to cast with Apple TV yet
Yes. I just set up a new monthly account. Working fine. I'm using the opera browser and am able to cast to my Apple TV box. just watching the Scott Arfield interview. All good :cool:

Reactions: BWO
Could be the reason. Funnily enough, only yesterday on a thread I mentioned that I thought a significant increase in monthly subs was due. Strangely, £24 per month was the figure I had in mind. Given the individual match prices went up from circa £5 to circa £8 this season it was inevitable that we would be hit with an increase as well. Hopefully for the monthly guys like me, they delay it until Summer.

Have you already tried for tonight's match? I have unlimited subscription but the only place I see it is under subscribe to RTV tab and it wants £7.99 even although I have VPN on :rolleyes:

The live tab the video option is greyed out.

Spoke to the support team and they are claiming my accounts subscription had expired before the migration which triggers the need to re-sign up for the whole service.

Seems a bit messy and it looks like a lot of others are in the same boat.
My account sub had been cancelled last month and had confirmation of that, but they still billed me yesterday for another month. Think there will be a lot of teething issues with subscriptions, etc.

Have you already tried for tonight's match? I have unlimited subscription but the only place I see it is under subscribe to RTV tab and it wants £7.99 even although I have VPN on :rolleyes:

The live tab the video option is greyed out.

The tab below the photos for the live video and live audio are greyed out. I think that will be the norm now until nearer kick-off.

I've got a MacBook Pro and this new site doesn't work with Safari at all I had been trying for over an hour, changed to chrome browser and it works.
What a shamozzle if it wasn't for the guys on here I would have known nothing about it.
Very unprofessional to not even let subscribers know anything about it, I have had a full annual subscription and this is my fourth year and they can't even send an email with any details.
It's just not good enough treating your supporters like that.

It didn’t recognise my email address and it was the one I registered with.

Emailed them explaining this and they just hit me with a generic email.

I’ve now been able to re register with my email address even though I had an annual account.

No record of my subscriptions on the account.

Total shambles.

Support are ignoring me now.
Personally I would simply have emailed them and told them you no longer use your registered email address. There's a risk now you may have 2 x active subscriptions is there not?

I also noticed my £50 annual subscription is now £60.

And the monthly £5 subscription is now £6 per month. Inevitable given the significant increase in pay per match costs this season. Has been £7.99 for most domestic matches since the start of the season (significantly more for some European games and, amazingly, friendly matches) instead of circa £5 from previous years.

Rangers were storing passwords in plain text so it's good they are fixing user security with the new passwords.
Are you serious? Holy shit.

The password reset email took a good 10 minutes to arrive, I got about 5 of them at once due to impatience! Got in and everything working, Legacy subscription showing. Updated the payment method to the same card as before just to be sure.

Site looks interesting, it reminds me of when FF was moved to this new board and it took us all a while to readjust. Big fan of the 'Explore' tab, the old site was desperately missing something like that.

OK - just been through it so here's how it went for me.

1. Click on the link below and attempt to login to your RangersTV account AS NORMAL (the login bit is top right on the screen - except on iPhone, where it is top left).

2. Once you've entered your NORMAL login and password it will take you to a new page saying you need to login using your EMAIL address and password. Do so.

3. A new page comes up saying you need to reset your password and asks you to enter your email address. I guess this needs to be the one RangersTV have on record for you. It says if you no longer have access to your registered email address then you need to contact them (I did make a post yesterday suggesting folk update their email address with RangersTV but it didn't garner much attention). You DID make sure you updated your RangersTV details when you got that new email address, didn't you?;)

4. Enter your email address and request the password reset. You will get an email with a link to reset your password.

5. Reset your password. If you want to, it will let you use the same password as you used previously.

6. Once logged in you will see your subscription listed - but no card details to make payments. It should also say when, and how much, the next payment is.

7. I suggest you update your card details by entering them.

8. Probably makes sense to then update your personal details and select the box about emails from RangersTV in the future.

9. Logout and then login in again - just to make sure everything is OK - and then logout again.

10. Job done.

EDIT 1: Every video is playing fine for me on desktop pc using Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. No lag or slow loading pages on wifi.

EDIT 2: Just tried on iPad using Safari as well. Everything works fine on that as well...except I had to enlarge the video to full screen in order to get the audio on it. No lag or slow loading pages (on wifi). Can't get logged-out though, no matter how many times I hit the logout button. In the end I had to close the page, delete cookies/clear cache. When I re-loaded I was logged-out. Bizarre.

EDIT 3: Tried on iPhone now and everything is working fine there as well, on Safari. No lag or slow-loading pages on wifi, though given the large number of images on each page it might be slower on mobile. Can't get logged-out though, no matter how many times I hit the logout button. In the end I had to close the page, delete cookies/clear cache. When I re-loaded I was logged-out.

EDIT 4: When purchasing individual matches now you need to go to the Subscribe page and the match will be listed there. You now need to have your VPN switched ON in order to purchase an individual match, or indeed, an overseas package. If you don't, you wont even be offered the option to purchase as far as I can see.

Good call about the payment details thanks .

Hi VB, I'm not receiving the email to reset password. I've emailed them but nothing back so far. In your experience are they quick to respond?

@Valley Bluenose

Hi mate, see the top right hand side of the screen where it say 'RTV Log In' when I hover over it, the box goes red but I cannot select it. I'm went through the registration but it still doesn't allow me to 'Log In'?

Any clues mate?

It didn’t recognise my email address and it was the one I registered with.

Emailed them explaining this and they just hit me with a generic email.

I’ve now been able to re register with my email address even though I had an annual account.

No record of my subscriptions on the account.

Total shambles.

Support are ignoring me now.

Hmm, the generic response is appalling. Seen others say similar.

The email address is intriguing though. If you click on the subscribe tab and try to purchase a subscription does it come up and say 'you already have a subscription'. It does on mine. If it doesn't it suggests that either details of your old subscription haven't ported across (you need to contact support again) OR the email address you think you are registered with isn't the one they hold. A poster earlier said his email wasn't recognised - then he tried a different email that he used for WorldPay (who formerly collected subscription) and discovered that was the one he'd used for RangersTV as well.

So do you need a sub now to purchase a match?
I can't answer that as I've a 'full fat' annual subscription. You do need to log in using a VPN to see the option (which you didn't used to) so try that and see what it says when you click on 'buy'.

Back