Records player valuation ours vs theirs

• Thread starter Deleted by own request member
  • Start date
Callum McGregor 18 million

Jesus effin christ !

Good player but vastly overrated in my opinion

When we were romping through 9 titles in a row back in the 1990's and hoovering up trophies, the Scottish tabloids still had their players as being worth more than ours. :))

Yet the Tim team that stopped us from 10IAR was, on paper, theoretically nowhere near the hypothetical transfer value ours was.

Lesson: football games aren’t won on balance sheets.

Also got Alfie at 20m and edouard at 30m.

I’d really like them to explain why they feel there’s a £10m disparity between Alfie and this big Odbod guy.

The obvious guff would be his ‘disciplinary issues’, but does that translate as a £10m difference?

When our man is easily outscoring him for the season, especially in Europe against better quality opponents?

It's comical - esp Brown, Rogic and McGregor

No club would pay £1.5 m for 34 year Old Brown, £4m for permanent croc Rogic and £18m for overrated McGregor.

The guy who devised this is from another planet or just a Jungle Jim with a laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from the older players like Davis, Shagger and Arfield none of our team would sell for less than 8 million.
Barasic, Tav, Goldson, Katic, Kamara, Aribo, Jack and Kent and Morelos I think would get you around over 80 million.

No link as I don’t want them getting hits

Christie £8million
Aribo £3 million

I take it someone who doesn’t watch football wrote these
First time I’ve ever seen a gelding valued above a thoroughbred!

The entire article is also bollocks. The writer is just pandering to their deluded readership.

I dont think the Rangers values are unreasonable to be honest. Their celtic values are another thing entirely. Im glad we are in a position where we feel our squad is undervalued at 80m

Seen this thread title and thought what on earth are we discussing the price of old record players.

Some laugh that

Brown £1.5million, Davis £200k because his age, he’s 6 months older than Brown and 10x the player

Bain £800k, McGregor £200k, McGregor when he’s 50 will still be a better keeper than Bain ever will be in his prime

Tims McGregor £18million, just wow

Ajer £10million, Katic & Goldson combined £9.5million

Julien £7million, LOLZ

Nae neck £9million, LOLZ

Christie £8million, Jack £7million, Kamara £6million and Aribo £3million

I am at the stage now I think we should just start ignoring the Record/Sun all together.

We stopped buying their papers, now lets stop sharing their drivel.

And Golson £4.5m

Ajer £10m. So the Diddy they say is not good enough and the position they are shouting about needing improved on in Jan is worth morth than our two combined! :rolleyes:
Its unreal when you think about it, i just try and laugh it off, all this makes everything a million times sweeter when we do lift that league trophy.

I'm going to say it...

The reason the record write this shit is because Rangers fans no longer read the paper. Their main audience is celtic fans. Thus, they will write stories that sell more papers to them.

I don't really have a solution to this but the more we boycot and ban the likes of the BBC, The DR and The Sun, the more they'll pander to timmy.

Vicious circle.
See what you are saying.. But...
its no a vicious circle if we just dont read it. Then dont get all offended when someone posts some rubbish from it on here.
Who , after reading the thread title didnt think
Tims squad will be valued more than ours?
We know what they are up to, so why bother?

Anyone else sick and tired of hearing about valuations? Seems to be absolute main thing for the past 5 or 6 weeks.

What will be, will be.

For what it’s worth I’m not raging or annoyed at the article that’s not the reason I posted it

I find it comical and posted to show the delusion is still well and truly alive even after we done them at their own midden.

Also it was supposed to take £100 million to catch the unwashed that makes king and our board look like miracle workers

The most valuable defender across both teams is.....? You guessed it, Ajer at £10m. That's more than double the value they estimated Goldson, Helander, Katic and Edmundson were worth, and £1-2m more than Tavernier and Barisic.

The most valuable midfielder from both teams is....? You guessed it again, McGregor at £18m. That is at least £10m more than they gave to any of our midfielders. Aribo only got £3m.

The most valuable forward from both teams...? :rolleyes: Squidward at £30m who once again, predictably, is valued at £10m more than our Columbian international.
"Squidward" like that,made me laugh.
Written by mentally challenged's for an audience from the dole dome.

My favourite was Steven Davis - 200k and scott brown 1.5m. Also got Alfie at 20m and edouard at 30m.

Had to look up both players date of birth.
Steven Davis 01/01/85, 35 years and 2 weeks
Scott Brown 25/06/1985, 34 years and 7 months.

Therefore there is less than 6 months difference in age but the value of players is vastly different.

Tells you all you need to know, Daily Rhebel is filled with rhabid scumbags, my dad always called it a 19th Century Terrorist rag and I think he was right on the button.

Daily records transfer valuations = who gives a fu(k!!
tranfer markets valuations = who gives a fu(k!!
Ross Wilson valuations = only one that counts!!

A comfort blanket to a support that’s still reeling from the two batterings we gave them.

Let them have their words, the time is fast coming where they will be scant consolation.

I'm going to say it...

The reason the record write this shit is because Rangers fans no longer read the paper. Their main audience is celtic fans. Thus, they will write stories that sell more papers to them.

I don't really have a solution to this but the more we boycot and ban the likes of the BBC, The DR and The Sun, the more they'll pander to timmy.

Vicious circle.
No solution required, leave them to it.

Why do people even get annoyed about stuff like this? If anything everyone underestimating us all the time will only help us.
My only annoyance is that this is what they submit to the City in their accounts thus raising the value of their company bringing whatever the benefits are.

They’ll submit the values given in the Daily Rebel?
Not exactly what I was thinking but, I’m sure you know that.
However, just to be clear, I believe they’ll overstate their player values, also their land values and the value of any other asset they can and by as much as they’ll get away with, in order to boost their company.

Written by Tims, for Tims.

The Record is now just the C*ltic View in all but name. A propaganda machine that’s about as unbalanced as you can get.

They're actually making arses of themselves :D

A joke rag. You'd be better buying The Celtic View as their bias would at least be official.

The whole thing is silly. Players like McGregor, Davis and Defoe are virtually worthless when it comes to transfer fees because of their age and guys like Halliday, Flanagan, Wes aren't worth anything either, also we're not going to sell players like Aribo and Katic for 7 million combined. Was hilarious seeing that lot have a meltdown on twitter about it though, saying things like you got Kamara for 50k, no chance he's worth 6 million now as if he hasn't bossed their midfield in half the games he's played against them for us, played well in Europe and played a part in getting Finland to the Euro's also the predictable Level 5 comments the second someone writes something they dont like to hear in the media

So the ***'s rate their teams players higher than ours, who would've thought that, f**k them all anyway things like this will just make it all the sweeter for me if we do win 55 this year and having had to overcome a team worth pure gazillions more than ours in the process, they'll all be suicidal, its gonna be epic if we can pull it off.

Back