Updates to RTV

So, let me get this right. If you have previously bought games or had a subscription, you have to go through the process of registering again?
I had the full package until fairly recently, before that I just bought games individually.
When I go to log in, the site doesn’t recognise me at all, regardless of whether I use my username or email address.

After I updated, I was unable to view any video content on the site. I emailed RTV & got this reply.

If its OK with you, can I get you to try some troubleshooting steps? Sometimes the simplest of things can clear the most stubborn of issues.

When you use a browser, like Chrome, Edge or Firefox, it saves some information from websites in its cache, cookies or history. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

For Google Chrome please follow the link - Chrome Clear Cache and Cookies
For Mozilla Firefox please follow the link - Firefox Clear Cache
For Edge please follow the link - Microsoft Edge Clear Cache and History
For Safari please follow the link - Safari Clear History or Safari Clear Cache

Please complete these steps, then close the browser and re-open it back up again.

Then, please log in and retry. “

Did this now working fine.

Right ! a couple of hours life I wont get back.

Windows 10 and chrome seems to work.

I now have my Mac working with Opera and Nord. Can log in and out which I couldnt do with Safari.

Hopefully things work tonight !

Worked fine for me. When trying to sign in originally, it responded with 'reset password'. I got the email instantly and have updated my password.

Will have a browse through the new set-up. Looks pretty decent on first viewing.

I didn’t receive an email either but using the information on FollowFollow and my email address I had no problems in changing my password and logging into Rangers TV. So far it has worked fine with me using Safari, Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome on my iPad Pro, iMac and MacBook Pro and also with and without a VPN. It has also cast to Apple TV with no problems. However, the acid test will come on live games where I have experienced problems in recent months. Unfortunately, as I am going to the game tonight and to the St Mirren game next week the ‘live game’ experience will need to wait till the Hearts game a week on Sunday.

Are you serious? Holy shit.

The password reset email took a good 10 minutes to arrive, I got about 5 of them at once due to impatience! Got in and everything working, Legacy subscription showing. Updated the payment method to the same card as before just to be sure.

Site looks interesting, it reminds me of when FF was moved to this new board and it took us all a while to readjust. Big fan of the 'Explore' tab, the old site was desperately missing something like that.

Rangers "forgot your password" process was to email you the password rather than reset.

People should not be moaning about now doing this property.

So for the years I have been logging on with username and password. Now I have to use a email and password, effectively creating a new account? I purchased games pay as you go so I won't have any issues with yearly subscriptions but I have lost all the previous games I purchased if I wanted to re-watch. Unless I'm doing something wrong.

It said my email address wasn't recognised, so I've had to re-register.

I was paying £17pm - it doesn't seem to have any record of this. The only subscription options I have are to pay the standard membership monthly or annually (no overseas option).
I'm on work computer, so don't have a VPN just now.

Just to clarify - when I log in through my laptop later (with VPN on), will I then see an overseas subscription option?

Also, I'll be using Opera browser - has anyone already logged into the updated system through this? If so, does it seem to work ok, or are you having issues loading videos etc?

It's a bit poor that I'll probably have to start paying £24pm while knowing many other current subscribers are kept on £17pm, but I'm happy to pay it if we start getting a better service.

Edit: I can already see the site crashing at 5:30pm when everybody gets home from work and rushes to get this sorted out. Who thought it was a good idea to launch this today when we've just had a winter break!? If it wasn't ready for launch until today, they should have kept the old system for tonight and went live with the updated site tomorrow.
I feel for those that aren't yet aware of the changes and go to log-in 5 minutes before kick-off!

Last edited:
It’s an absolute joke. I’ll register again here and end up having to two fucking paid subscriptions with no way to cancel the old one. Can see it a mile off.

It’s an absolute joke. I’ll register again here and end up having to two fucking paid subscriptions with no way to cancel the old one. Can see it a mile off.

Not to mention the price has gone up for me but not for my mates who have not had this problem.

I have received nothing from Rangers TV about the update. However, having read this thread I logged into my account using my existing details. Worked fine. Asked me to change my password which I did using my registered email address. I looked at my account - it had my subscription details OK. So far, so good. But can anyone tell me how to logout? :) The button's still there but it doesn't do anything. Closing the tab doesn't shut down the account either. When I go back in, I'm still in My Account without needing to login. I read earlier someone suggested setting up credit card payment details. Forgive me if I pass meantime. I'll deal with payment when it arises. I don't trust a system that won't let me log out.

Close the browser. Clear cache/cookies and then open the browser again. You will be logged out.

My yearly subscription ends in August so will renew then. Just looking at the new prices, though - 240GBP which currently is $312. This season it was $235.

It's still great value-for-money. For example, no additional cost for all of the Europa qualifiers and domestic cup games.

After I updated, I was unable to view any video content on the site. I emailed RTV & got this reply.

If its OK with you, can I get you to try some troubleshooting steps? Sometimes the simplest of things can clear the most stubborn of issues.

When you use a browser, like Chrome, Edge or Firefox, it saves some information from websites in its cache, cookies or history. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

For Google Chrome please follow the link - Chrome Clear Cache and Cookies
For Mozilla Firefox please follow the link - Firefox Clear Cache
For Edge please follow the link - Microsoft Edge Clear Cache and History
For Safari please follow the link - Safari Clear History or Safari Clear Cache

Please complete these steps, then close the browser and re-open it back up again.

Then, please log in and retry. “

Did this now working fine.

Sometimes the 'belts and braces' approach works fine.:) A bit like 'switch it off, switch it on again'.

Not to mention the price has gone up for me but not for my mates who have not had this problem.

This is exactly why I am holding off re-subscribing.

The support team didn't answer my question about this and I just got the generic reply everyone else is likely getting.

I want to know officially that my previous subscription is actually gone and I can't get that information.

I've purchased games on an individual basis. And I watch all the interviews, it always said there was a 99p charge for Interviews that just never happened, couldn't see the charge ever coming off.

Went to log in, couldn't, doesn't recognise email.

Essentially I guess I was getting for free what folk were paying for so can't complain. £6 a month for all the interviews I guess.

It said my email address wasn't recognised, so I've had to re-register.

I was paying £17pm - it doesn't seem to have any record of this. The only subscription options I have are to pay the standard membership monthly or annually (no overseas option).
I'm on work computer, so don't have a VPN just now.

Just to clarify - when I log in through my laptop later (with VPN on), will I then see an overseas subscription option?

Also, I'll be using Opera browser - has anyone already logged into the updated system through this? If so, does it seem to work ok, or are you having issues loading videos etc?

It's a bit poor that I'll probably have to start paying £24pm while knowing many other current subscribers are kept on £17pm, but I'm be happy to pay it if we start getting a better service.

Yes. You need the VPN on to see the overseas options or purchase a match.

I'd be contacting them about your old subscription though, in case you end up paying twice.

rest password and was logged in within 2 mins

i suspect the migration isn't complete, hence why folk are having issues. They haven't announced it as live yet

Yes. You need the VPN on to see the overseas options or purchase a match.

I'd be contacting them about your old subscription though, in case you end up paying twice.
Cheers, I appreciate the reply.

I'll be happy to just get this all sorted prior to kick-off tonight, then sort any overpayment issues next week. No doubt they'll be swamped with queries this evening anyway.

It's a bit poor that I'll probably have to start paying £24pm while knowing many other current subscribers are kept on £17pm, but I'm be happy to pay it if we start getting a better service.

Yes you’ll see more options. £24 a month and £240 annual will be there. As well as the two options without live games.

It didn’t recognise my email either so I’ve had to sign up for the £24 option. A bit poor if there’s others still allowed to keep the £17 a month option.

I got logged in no problem

looking forward to the iOS app :)

If I do nothing will my payment still come out as normal.

I'm getting this when attempting to link my account via Paypal.
Certainly some teething problems happening.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /account/billing/paypal

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.36393

My problem is the opposite of most. Bought a years subscription for the old man as a Christmas present - which was 96 quid. They have now reduced that you 60 quid. Suppose the money is going to Rangers, but still feels wrong.

Bought the game for this evening too - don't fancy my chances.

I'm getting this when attempting to link my account via Paypal.
Certainly some teething problems happening.

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /account/billing/paypal

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.36393
I’m getting the same m8 I’ll just leave it and try again tomorrow

I was follow Valley Bluenose post on page 2 to update my account. I never had the option to log in with old username first then use email address to send link for password. It just keeps asking for email address then password then doesn't recognise email address which is definitely a glitch as I have emails in the same account from RTV previously and it is definitely correct.

Hoping it's just taking time to migrate accounts over

Only Rangers could do this on a day when there’s a game. Honestly, it defies belief. I’m going to the game, but I suspect there’s going to be a lot of unhappy bears later when they go to watch the match.

Tried to log in to my rangers tv account there and it says email not recognised. I’m sure I read earlier in the week about people receiving emails about Rangerstv but I never received anything. Anyone know what the script is?

Back