Match Thread Rangers v Stranraer - 19:45 Friday - Premier 1

Some players have a level of class that shows regardless of the opponent. Defoe, Davis and Aribo are all in that bracket.

I think some of the older fringe players are proving Gerrard’s point from last weekend. Not seeing enough from them to suggest they’re worthy of displacing anyone in the squad, particularly when this would be the perfect game to make a mark.

Frequently we aren't clinical enough in games and it's happened again tonight.

Just need to get this done and dusted now and move on to the big league games.

Regardless of the situation, the rule says if a foul is made in a clear goalscoring opportunity and no attempt is made to pay the ball, it’s a red card.

Beaton is ignoring the laws of the game to take it easy on them because of the gulf. Referees do not have the authority to decide where and when they can apply laws, only in this fkin country.

100% red card.

Defoe in the clear. About to shoot. Defender deliberately clips his heels with no attempt to play the ball. It’s a red card every single time. Terrible refereeing again. Our officials are absolutely shite.

and there’s the next horrendous decision right there. Just seen the replay. Ojo definitely onside.

Honestly, we need to start sacking these shite refs and replace them. They are useless. Absolutely useless.

Last edited:
Patterson has did well tonight. His crossing looks Tav-esque.

Jones clearly needs games. Looks unfit.

Stranraer have did themselves proud. Some good tacklers in the team (not Hamill).

Officials have been disgusting.

Our best players are those playing every week. Jack,Davis, Arfield and Aribo. Patterson has done well for a boy just turned 18. Barker is a dud and showed it when he was at Hibs. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Halliday,Defoe and Jones who haven't been playing regularly.

I pretty much always defend our players, more often than not way past the point they should be defended. I want to do that with Barker but I just cannot bring myself to do it. Honking.

Barker and Jones need games and confidence.

Unfortunately their opportunities will be few and far between.

If polster cant get a look in tonight, he must be off .
He can’t be showing much in training to show Gerrard he’s good enough because when he’s come in for the short appearances he’s had I don’t think he’s done anything that bad

Reactions: fmp
100% red card.

Defoe in the clear. About to shoot. Defender deliberately clips his heels with no attempt to play the ball. It’s a red card every single time. Terrible refereeing again. Our officials are absolutely shite.

and there’s the next horrendous decision right there. Just seen the replay. Ojo definitely inside.

Honestly, we need to start sacking these shite refs and replace them. They are useless. Absolutely useless.
Most of them are indeed shite, they are also cheating bastards.

Latest posts

Back