Updates to RTV

Went down for me at half time, missed the interviews etc, quick refresh of the page and back up and running

I've had very few problems with RTV(unlimited), but tonight was fvkin shite, lagging through the whole game. Took me back to the old dodgy streaming. Not good at all.

was absolutely brutal for me. Constant buffering and then I had to refresh every ten minutes or so. Almost unwatchable. Saw the second goal, missed the first. Hopefully just a one off. Happy we won of course.

was absolutely brutal for me. Constant buffering and then I had to refresh every ten minutes or so. Almost unwatchable. Saw the second goal, missed the first. Hopefully just a one off. Happy we won of course.
I watch the game "abroad" and have never had any great problems lately, but that tonight was pure pants

It was a major improvement in picture quality for me - I'm in Muscat.

a couple of problems in the first half,just changed my vpn location a couple of times and through half-time and second half was perfect

No problems at all and quality was good using Hola and Chrome. I think it might have buffered at half time but I wasn't really paying attention and it came good in time for the second half.

a couple of problems in the first half,just changed my vpn location a couple of times and through half-time and second half was perfect
I changed my VPN loads of tomes and still was poor, I don't understand why it should fvck upp now for me when my end hasn't changed . poor show from rtv

It was excellent for me, as it usually is. Are the problems VPN related?
I think it must be something to do with that. I wonder whether the vpn servers have much more traffic on a Friday night? People trying to pick up US Netflix etc. No idea, but it might be a factor. Any IT folk have an opinion on that?

3 times mine went down, yes the picture quality is better but nothing else is and it's a pretty poor show not even letting subscribed members know what was happening in advance and a price hike as another wee kick in the nuts to boot.
I don't mind paying the money to our club price rise included but we should to be treated with more respect than this.

...have you just floated into this thread and managed to read nothing over the last few days? ;)

The club have stopped using WorldPay to collect payment. Everyone's WorldPay subscriptions are being/have been cancelled.

Some subscribers received this email. Others did not. A lot got it in their spam mail.

Further, the new payment provider subscriptions began today. Again, some people got emails, other did not.

If you have a subscription, you have to go to Rangers TV and login. It'll do a password reset, and you can then login to your account. You might have to update or change your payment method at this point.

Thank you . I’ve done all this and it says my subscription still runs to July 2020.

However it hasn’t confirmed if it will still be £17.25 per month when I’ve put my credit card details in. In fact it hasn’t confirmed anything at all except that my new details are accepted?

Presumably the £17.25 monthly will just continue ?

Is there any need for this to be so bloody confusing .

I checked that but this email address is definitely the one I’ve had correspondence/ password resets etc sent to in the past although I’ve received no recent emails from them about switching over or anything.

I paid an annual unlimited subscribstion and I’ve no idea when this was due to expire or anything as far as I was aware i just paid it every year and had full access up until the switch to the new system.

I’ve probably made things worse for myself now as I’ve re registered with the same email now and paid for the game as it allowed me to do that.

Been dealing with a generic response email from RTV for about 4 emails back and forth now I got a response from someone at RTV who told me they are passing the complaint to the club?

That's pretty poor.

If you still have the password and login you should be able to go into the WorldPay site still and it will have details of your previous subscription so you can check when it runs out/ran out.

Yes, built in default browser. Initial page is very slow to load proper, probably 20 seconds or so.

Then used pointer to go to login link at top right of screen.

FYI ... I too have an LG and bought a mini keyboard that worked better that trying to use the remote to navigate. TV is going on 3 yrs-old but does not have enough guts/memory and would kick stream out/reload too often so reverted to laptop/HDMI. Son's newer model worked better for me (also with FireStick)

Mine had been working fine all day. Was streaming the game no bother, odd buffer here and there, then it all went tits up before Arfield scored.
I’ve stuck up for it, stuck by it, but I’ve had it.
Won’t be renewing next year. Unfortunately.
Not right that there are more stable, reliable and way cheaper alternatives out there when I want to spend good money on the club. Crazy.

... care to share your tech specs - equipment, internet connection, mbps, wifi/LAN, VPN etc. or is it only the fault of Big Bad RTV ?
Premier isn't too popular either according to some of the other threads here abouts :rolleyes: (had a hiccup on my android box) but RTV never skipped a beat using a VPN(by choice) abroad.
rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com

Important question

I watched it delayed absolutely perfect HD using Opera and VPN at about 10.30 Via clicking on live games

If i had just got in now where would i go to view it on demand? Because icant find the game and i watch most of them later on in the night

Anyone clarify?

Had the same issues as many on here - email not recognised and was forced to re-register.
Looking for new payment details now, but not entering in case I get charged twice as I was an existing sub.
Total shambles and in any other line of work the business would be berated for appalling customer service and communication.
Epic fail from RTV.

Important question

I watched it delayed absolutely perfect HD using Opera and VPN at about 10.30 Via clicking on live games

If i had just got in now where would i go to view it on demand? Because icant find the game and i watch most of them later on in the night

Anyone clarify?

On Demand is not available until Sunday night after the last Cup game as per SFA rules ( I read on FF)

Much as I love wee Durrant , my word it’s painful listening to him commentating on a game . Man alive it’s bad .
Here now, that's not fair now, he was a fantastic player now and I really like Durranty, but now he says now all the time, and not just now and again. :))

Last edited:
My free VPN wasn’t cutting it and the game wasn’t for loading. Decided to shell out for a years sub with Nord and it was flawless once connected. Recommend it.

This was absolutely crazy to do on a matchday. If they had waited until Monday then they could have sorted everything out at ease. I had the same as many it did not recognise my e-mail. i contacted Rangers support and they gave me my e-mail address and a password. Still didn't recognise my E-mail address. Someone said, Android worked, and indeed I could get contact via my telephone. At first I couldn't get it to cast but later it did. Funnily enough Premier sports crashed which meant I could fix out all the problems.

Reactions: BWO
Close the browser. Clear cache/cookies and then open the browser again. You will be logged out.

Thanks for that, keep up the good work. I was out last night so didn't have a chance to do anything. However, when I got up this morning, I was logged out. I assume there is a timeout. I had some difficulty logging back in but don't have the time this morning to try and sort it out. I have a password manager which may complicate it a little as I have had issues on some other sites following updates. Usually best to delete and set up again!

... care to share your tech specs - equipment, internet connection, mbps, wifi/LAN, VPN etc. or is it only the fault of Big Bad RTV ?
Premier isn't too popular either according to some of the other threads here abouts :rolleyes: (had a hiccup on my android box) but RTV never skipped a beat using a VPN(by choice) abroad.
rangerstvsupport@streamamg.com
RTV on worldwide annual subscription. 25Mb broadband. Last night was firestick hardwired to my router. NordVPN through Netherlands. Watched on Silk browser, changed from auto to 720p.
Like I said, was fine all day, odd buffer. Ignoring the fact I never got an email from them telling me I had to register again with new details.
Was going well, occasional buffer he e and there, but I can live with that. Then it just stopped. Just before Arfields goal.
Watched it on premier sports, same set up, same bandwidth, no problem.
Have had it now for 3 years. It’s never just worked. Always been a bad user experience.
I appreciate the fact it’s not really designed for use in the UK. But I know, you know and Rangers know it happens. People use it with a VPN’s so it’s a good wee earner for the club.
The new player is worse in my experience, I liked the fact that I could switch the vpn off as soon as the stream started. That’s changed now. Vpn has to be left on all the time. I work offshore. Half my life is spent on a platform that won’t let us use a vpn.
The customer service is a disgrace, no communication.
I want to give them my money and have done for a while but not anymore.
No matter what I play it on, iPad, laptop hooked up to the tv, firestick, you’re always waiting for something to go wrong. And t generally does.
So, might not only be the fault of big, bad rangersTv but if they want to keep customers, because that’s what we are, at a time when alternative streams are cheaper, easier and more reliable than what I am currently paying for, then they better sort themselves out sharpish.

My free VPN wasn’t cutting it and the game wasn’t for loading. Decided to shell out for a years sub with Nord and it was flawless once connected. Recommend it.
Bought the 3 year deal for £80 about 6 months ago and it is the best on the market. Dont need it for RTV as in Europe but use it daily for UK and Canadian tv. Watched Dunkirk on Canadian Netflix after the match as not available on UK Netflix.

... The customer service is a disgrace, no communication.

... if they want to keep customers, because that’s what we are, at a time when alternative streams are cheaper, easier and more reliable than what I am currently paying for, then they better sort themselves out sharpish.

Completely agree, Kenny1b. I've lost count of the 'Reset Password' attempts I've made now. Each one followed by an e-mail to RTV 'Customer Support'. I'm no further forward. I'm on the £95 annual subscription deal. If the problems aren't sorted out soon, that'll be a thing of the past.

Considering how much revenue even a half-decent system could generate, their constant problems and consistently shambolic 'Customer Support' is hard to understand.

Minor pain in the ass to have to change log in details on the day of a game but game worked perfectly when I got in.

I had to pay for last night’s match, even though I’ve paid the annual subscription. I’ve emailed them to ensure that I can watch future matches without paying.

Those that aren't getting a good picture, do you go in when the games aren't on and check the quality? try it without the VPN etc?

Managed to get into new set up after updating my password, however couldn't access last night's game. This is usually available after midnight on day of game. Is anyone else experiencing this problem.

Managed to get into new set up after updating my password, however couldn't access last night's game. This is usually available after midnight on day of game. Is anyone else experiencing this problem.

The on demand’ service isn’t available until after the last Scottish Cup game on Sunday. Part of the agreement with Premier and nothing to do with RangersTV.

Last edited:
RTV on worldwide annual subscription. 25Mb broadband. Last night was firestick hardwired to my router. NordVPN through Netherlands. Watched on Silk browser, changed from auto to 720p.
Like I said, was fine all day, odd buffer. Ignoring the fact I never got an email from them telling me I had to register again with new details.
Was going well, occasional buffer he e and there, but I can live with that. Then it just stopped. Just before Arfields goal.
Watched it on premier sports, same set up, same bandwidth, no problem.
Have had it now for 3 years. It’s never just worked. Always been a bad user experience.
I appreciate the fact it’s not really designed for use in the UK. But I know, you know and Rangers know it happens. People use it with a VPN’s so it’s a good wee earner for the club.
The new player is worse in my experience, I liked the fact that I could switch the vpn off as soon as the stream started. That’s changed now. Vpn has to be left on all the time. I work offshore. Half my life is spent on a platform that won’t let us use a vpn.
The customer service is a disgrace, no communication.
I want to give them my money and have done for a while but not anymore.
No matter what I play it on, iPad, laptop hooked up to the tv, firestick, you’re always waiting for something to go wrong. And t generally does.
So, might not only be the fault of big, bad rangersTv but if they want to keep customers, because that’s what we are, at a time when alternative streams are cheaper, easier and more reliable than what I am currently paying for, then they better sort themselves out sharpish.

Used a similar setup with the Firestick, WiFi only @ 35mbps, using the Silk Browser back in December in the US and watched 4 games. Only difference is I had no need for a VPN .....
Did you happen to test the mbps with the VPN on ?
I live across the pond, have had the full pkg for years, received an email last Tuesday from RTV & another reminder/update yesterday 'after' I had changed my password without issue. I sent RTV a message and received a reply within 3 minutes.
Since the 'new' browser appeared I haven't had any buffering issues. Before that I learned on FF how to 'delay the feed' by sliding the blue bar at the bottom back up to 45-60 secs which eliminated the buffering. Since then with or without my VPN ( ON by default, my choice) it hasn't been an issue. But I have 7x's the bandwidth you have with my fibre-optic home internet.
Not sure if I am correct in saying this but from reading all the complaints re RTV on FF I suspect they are mostly from VPN/UK users. I also suspect UK users pay their money and take their chance with RTV because of the "not really designed for use in the UK" and end up at "the back of the bus" ...
It's a "catch 22" situation created & controlled by the governing bodies and the big TV companies while RTV try to give Gers fans what they crave with the minimum of fuss & attention.
"always waiting for something to go wrong" ... you have my sympathy.
It's not nice being stuck in 'no-man's-land' ...

Back