Club statement on SFA charges

As I said in a previous thread, we will be biding our time, getting the poker face on and picking the right battles.
I would fully expect the next statement after the weekend to be full force, absolute straight to the point and with the full force of lawyers behind them. I fully believe that the club will be ready to fight this utter and absolute Scandal to the death.

No need to say anything else at this point.

To put this into context, Paedo FC weren’t charged for Mongo giving it GIRFUY in front of our fans, for their tramp lowlife players tying scarves to our goal posts, for Thumb wiping his nose on our corner flag and waving a massive tricolour from the front of the Broomy when a Scotland player.

Great , yet another statement :rolleyes:

I think we all know by now the outcome - statement bingo , then retreat . We know the script by now . Meanwhile Leckie sits smirking at Ibrox on Wednesday night at our stadium , munching free pies in his converse and jeans .

RANGERS is astounded by the notices of complaint issued by the SFA.

- Astounded great word to use as it says it all

It is concerning that it seems the governing body is seeking to hold Rangers to a different and more stringent code of conduct than that applied to others, with unprecedented charges being levied against the Club.

- Again great words, short statement that says it all

Rangers fans can be assured that it is our firm intention
to resist the charges in the most robust manner possible. Rangers will make further comment after the weekend.

- The club pointing out it is not accepting this

Anyone saying thats a weak statement can go f*ck themselves. Short yes, weak certainly not.
Well done Rangers

Great , yet another statement :rolleyes:

I think we all know by now the outcome - statement bingo , then retreat . We know the script by now . Meanwhile Leckie sits smirking at Ibrox on Wednesday night at our stadium , munching free pies in his converse and jeans .

out of interest do you know for a fact he’ll be there?

Time to lawyer up and fight fire with fire.Not a time for half measures.The club must make sure that they have all the available evidence for any kangaroo court and also have a top lawyer to argue the case in it's entirity.By this I mean to highlight the total injustice that is the Compliance Officer and to show instances where we are punished and similar conduct is simply overlooked.

I hope this is when the nuclear button is pressed and we take those bastards to the cleaners.

This situation cannot be allowed to fester.
What exactly does that mean though? I see this nuclear button stuff said all the time. What exactly do yoh want the club to do other than make statements against the SFA?

I think the fact that for once we have highlighted the fact that we are being dealt with to a different standard than other clubs was the only way forward.
I'm assuming we will now produce evidence of other clubs players/officials behaviour where not such charge was imposed which if we do puts them in a position where they need to justify their action against us and their inaction with other club/s

The whole fall out from our 2-1 win on the 29th of December is getting extremely childish.

The media like to build the Rangers v Celtic games up but then play a major part in the pettiness that follows.

Was Morelos in danger of hurting anyone when he bumped into Brown, dived to try and win a penalty or made a gesture to a crowd of scumbags who were giving him abuse?

Was Ryan Kents gesture really offensive to a crowd who had no doubt been giving him pelters all game?

If you are playing football with your mates and someone hits you in the nuts like Christie did to Morelos, what do you do? Either laugh it off or flatten him at the next 50/50 you have.

I agree Clancy had a poor game but was his performance any worse than James Forrests or Bolingolis? I'd say no and they haven't been scrutinised the same. Whatever we think about officials they are in a no win situation.

An SFA charge 19 days after the game is embarrassing. In reality nothing in the game happened that should have had any follow up action.

Suppose it should be expected in this day and age but f*ck me it's tedious.

RANGERS is astounded by the notices of complaint issued by the SFA.

- Astounded great word to use as it says it all

It is concerning that it seems the governing body is seeking to hold Rangers to a different and more stringent code of conduct than that applied to others, with unprecedented charges being levied against the Club.

- Again great words, short statement that says it all

Rangers fans can be assured that it is our firm intention
to resist the charges in the most robust manner possible. Rangers will make further comment after the weekend.

- The club pointing out it is not accepting this

Anyone saying thats a weak statement can go f*ck themselves. Short yes, weak certainly not.
Well done Rangers

Spot on, dunno what some fans expect the club to say

What exactly does that mean though? I see this nuclear button stuff said all the time. What exactly do yoh want the club to do other than make statements against the SFA?
tackle them with lawyers and highlight privately the hypocrisy

Personally ?

I want the club to go after Clancy to the extent we force his resignation.

Otherwise we'll be back at square one the next time he decides to referee us to a different standard to other teams.

I honestly don’t know what some people want the club to say.

They’ve said, it’s nonsense, it’s different treatment for us and everyone else and we will defend ourselves.

Correct, measures and appropriate. You don’t need to come out in public and say anything that makes you look like an idiot. When you’ve a strong case over aggression only dilutes your argument.

Back