Loan Ranger Thread - Updates on Players Out On Loan Season 2019/2020

Just flicked back a couple of pages and had a read. Sorry can't see anything. Very few are even getting a game.

Usual jumping to the wrong conclusions and negativity. Loans are all about learning and making mistakes.

Never seen anybody starting out in any career that is perfect from day one.

All humans develop at different pace. Thought you might have realised that yourself.

Usual jumping to the wrong conclusions and negativity. Loans are all about learning and making mistakes.

Never seen anybody starting out in any career that is perfect from day one.

All humans develop at different pace. Thought you might have realised that yourself.
Actually wrong in all ways. I'm 100% behind the loan system. I'm questioning the actual deals, and progress being made, not the concept. The ones doing best are at very low level and few actual judgements can be made. I actually post frequently about the joys of a revamped, and properly funded youth system. I'm 100% into finding pathway to first team squad. Merry Christmas.

Zak Rudden got the only goal in a rare away win for Plymouth today so that's a plus.

No minutes at all for Hastie again.

He was never at Thistle, never played at Bury, or at least only played a few minutes for the whole of the loan, had it written into his Raith Rovers deal that he play whenever he was fit, and so he did play a lot but was not rated at all by Raith fans. The reason he is now in the first team squad, or at least training with them is that Gerrard likes him, simple as that.

I'd normally be concerned that his previous moves didn't work out, but when it comes to a midfielder the management team really know what to look for. They have taken Jack to a new level and seen something in Kamara when 90% of people didn't. I think Gerrard must see something in Barjonas that he can work with.

I'd normally be concerned that his previous moves didn't work out, but when it comes to a midfielder the management team really know what to look for. They have taken Jack to a new level and seen something in Kamara when 90% of people didn't. I think Gerrard must see something in Barjonas that he can work with.

So what was the script with Docherty

So what was the script with Docherty
The management team didn't sign Docherty, sent him out on loan their first season and then advised him to leave the Club in the summer, but he chose to stay and fight for his place.

He's a good player who will be a success elsewhere, but he isn't a fit for the way we play.

Just saw Jordan Campbells tweet about Josh McPake, my god that boy is some size now.

Filled out a lot since we last saw him.

Has he been recalled mate?

He's struggled a bit at Dundee.

Live down Dumfries way and a lot of Queens fans rate McCrorie very highly. Some reckon best keeper since Jamie MacDonald - which is actually a compliment believe it or not...

He's rated very highly at Ibrox too mate.

He's really filled out now and is an absolute monster.

By far the tallest and has the best physique out of all our keepers.

Fully expect him to be McGregor's number 2 next season.

He's rated very highly at Ibrox too mate.

He's really filled out now and is an absolute monster.

By far the tallest and has the best physique out of all our keepers.

Fully expect him to be McGregor's number 2 next season.

I think he needs more games at a higher level next season.

Sitting on the bench won't do him any favours.

It's I think Orange County. The latest link up. Must be better than s loan at Berwick or Stranraer.
The 4th tier of US football is miles worse than 3rd tier of Scottish. Below like 5/6 teams the MLS standard is pretty dire never mind 3 tiers below it. They should be pushing for lower end championship teams at minimum.

The 4th tier of US football is miles worse than 3rd tier of Scottish. Below like 5/6 teams the MLS standard is pretty dire never mind 3 tiers below it. They should be pushing for lower end championship teams at minimum.
Meant quality of life really for a youngster that has probably been put out to grass prior to their contract ending.

Recalled, going on loan to America with Danny Finlayson

He was poor. Fitness was never in doubt but his positioning and tackling weren't good enough for a wingback and his dribbling, crossing and shooting weren't good enough for a wide midfielder or winger.

Some way off replacing either Rico Quitongo or PJ Crossan as a starter at Dumbarton.

He was poor. Fitness was never in doubt but his positioning and tackling weren't good enough for a wingback and his dribbling, crossing and shooting weren't good enough for a wide midfielder or winger.

Some way off replacing either Rico Quitongo or PJ Crossan as a starter at Dumbarton.
And lets face it, Quitongo is shite. A lot of work to do to be anywhere near ready to play for us.

One for elfideldo, does finlayson have a chance of making it? Has looked very solid any time I've seen him. Got a great build for his age, think he's still only 18 or 19

Middleton's got a foot injury and st. Mirren aren't taking him on loan. Wonder who he will end up at on loan. He's too good for the Scottish championship and 6 months there probably wouldn't do much for him.

Middleton's got a foot injury and st. Mirren aren't taking him on loan. Wonder who he will end up at on loan. He's too good for the Scottish championship and 6 months there probably wouldn't do much for him.

He's better than Barker and I'd probably have him in the squad ahead of Ojo too. I'd rather see Barker out on loan so see if he can do anything. Middleton has scored for us in Europe amongst other things, at least he has some sort of end product.

He's better than Barker and I'd probably have him in the squad ahead of Ojo too. I'd rather see Barker out on loan so see if he can do anything. Middleton has scored for us in Europe amongst other things, at least he has some sort of end product.

Ojo's stats are miles better than Middleton's mate.

Barker and Jones were definitely the 2 players Gerrard referred to when saying certain players were poor and never took their chance on Friday night.

Ojo certainly isn't a starter for me, but you can't deny he's a least made a decent contributor this season.

I see he scored and assisted yesterday too.

Middleton last season scored 5 and set up 5 in just under 1100 minutes. He was 18 going on 19 at the time.
Ojo this season has scored 5 and set up 7 in just under 1800 minutes. He is 22.
Barker his numbers are that bad, they aren't even worth mentioning lol.

While Glenn tapered off a bit, I do feel he got threw under the bus a little and the crowd got really on his back. At 18/19 we as supporters should have been supporting this lad rather than some of the nonsense that was getting spouted about him. It clearly affected him and its what worries me about bringing through any youth players here. I can't wait for the Nathan Patterson won't make it here posts and tweets after one mistake.

Like you say about Barker & ojo, if I'm Middleton I have to wonder why these guys keep getting chances. If Middleton put those performances in he would be shunted back down to the reserves.

It's mental that you see so many people writing this young lad off (same with Ross McCrorie), he just turned 20 this month. He's played and performed well in some massive games. You don't do that without a modicum of talent.

Middleton last season scored 5 and set up 5 in just under 1100 minutes. He was 18 going on 19 at the time.
Ojo this season has scored 5 and set up 7 in just under 1800 minutes. He is 22.
Barker his numbers are that bad, they aren't even worth mentioning lol.

While Glenn tapered off a bit, I do feel he got threw under the bus a little and the crowd got really on his back. At 18/19 we as supporters should have been supporting this lad rather than some of the nonsense that was getting spouted about him. It clearly affected him and its what worries me about bringing through any youth players here. I can't wait for the Nathan Patterson won't make it here posts and tweets after one mistake.

Like you say about Barker & ojo, if I'm Middleton I have to wonder why these guys keep getting chances. If Middleton put those performances in he would be shunted back down to the reserves.

It's mental that you see so many people writing this young lad off (same with Ross McCrorie), he just turned 20 this month. He's played and performed well in some massive games. You don't do that without a modicum of talent.

Middleton for me has a future at Rangers. I think he has everything to be a success here. I watched him play development games where he was on the right wing. Cutting inside onto his left and getting shots on target.

Middleton for me has a future at Rangers. I think he has everything to be a success here. I watched him play development games where he was on the right wing. Cutting inside onto his left and getting shots on target.
He had around a 0.82 goal contribution (0.41 goal and 0.41 assist) per 90 minutes last season. For anyone that is pretty decent, at 18/19 that is very good. It basically works out at 9 goal contributions in just over 11 (90 minute) games. For comparison Ojo's has a 0.61 goal contribution per 90 minutes this season. Having watched Ojo numerous times, I haven't seen much from him in terms of all round play/link play, that suggests he is bringing a lot more than Middleton was. If anything he feels even more frustrating that Middleton.

I think the main difference for me between Middleton and Ojo is, Middleton is our player (and one of us). We don't have much of an upside to Ojo, if he manages to kick on and develop we are looking at a massive fee and wage. If more likely Ojo doesn't kick on, we have another frustrating inconsistent 6 months of developing another clubs player. Surely that 6 months would be better used on developing our on own player or getting someone of a higher level on loan.

Back